FO: NV (DLC)

Rosbjerg

I might start my 5th run of New Vegas then, play Dead Money, and hopefully have the 2nd DLC come out in time.

Do DLCs require you to patch the game to the latest version? I don't want to rejiggle all my mods.

Do DLCs require you to patch the game to the latest version? I don't want to rejiggle all my mods.

I don't think they do (on pc), but in any case it would be better to patch the game.

Hope we get some information on DLC #2 soon. After Dead Money, I am tensed again.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I don't think they do (on pc), but in any case it would be better to patch the game.

gain.

I'm not sure steam will allow for DLC download without updating the game.

True. FNV will update the game in any case. With Fallout 3 it was different though (due to MSwhatever).

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Oh, right. I have to put Steam online for it. Bloody hell, it's like having to call a telemarketer every time you want to order pizza.

(1) Steam in offline mode. FNV set to automatically update and I CANT CHANGE THE SETTING even though I set it to don't update before

(2) Steam turned online, update starts downloading even though the setting is now on don't update by itself. Pause.

(3) DLC bought.

(4) No option to manually install DLC. Presumably Steam needs to do all of its retarded automatic **** even though its set not to.

(5) Steam downloads an update for itself without telling me. Wants to restart.

(6) Still stuck with a paused download I told steam explicitly not to make and a DLC that I can't install, unless I patch, doing God knows what to my mods.

DIEEEEEEE

Patience is a virtue. Wait for all of this DLC nonsense to be released on DVD.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Why? I abuse these forums daily, least I can do is buy the games they make that I want on day one.

Both Fallout: New Vegas and Dead Money have been great deals for me.

Oh wait, I see now you're hating on Steam.. Oops. Continue hating, I misunderstood :p

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Not having the option of choosing what version you want to run for your steam software, that's really not a particularly good idea. They should fix that. Quite often an update will screw something up while fixing something else, and there is the whole mod thing to consider.

Anyway I played through Dead Money, not a single CTD this time, I guess all the stars aligned or something. After my head exploded the millionth time the whole slave colar/invisible death zones thing did start to feel very contrived. Also I found it rather interesting that my companion

who had been going on about Father Elijah for ages had no new dialogue options after I had found and killed him.

Overall the feel was right though, I dunno if it was worth 10E, but I never felt disappointed in the quality.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

That's the one and only thing I don't like about Steam. I actually used to keep a collection of Counter-Strike patches. I always, and still do, like the idea of playing the version you want to play.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yep, I updated NVSE and got things started now, which is lucky. If it was a more 'major' patch that did break existing mods then I'd have been really pissed.

At least Steam isn't as crap as it used to be, when it wasted 10 minutes of my life every time it started. 5th playthrough time!

This has got to be the weirdest, funniest voice recording sessions, ever. Time for Barney's Beanery mmmmmmmmm

Wonder if that is connected to FNV DLCs.

This has got to be the weirdest, funniest voice recording sessions, ever. Time for Barney's Beanery mmmmmmmmm

Jason Bergman (F:NV senior producer from Bethesda) said that Avellone was just right next to him and commented on voice recording too. Seems like it.

Jason Bergman (F:NV senior producer from Bethesda) said that Avellone was just right next to him and commented on voice recording too. Seems like it.

I guess we might get some info on the DLC2 soon. Plx, release date before DS3. :)

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Barney?

Dinky the Dinosaur confirmed for companion in the DLC.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It beeing an announcement date seems to be more likely than a real release date, imo. I mean... I wouldn't have anything against it, if Honest Hearts really gets released next week and I would buy it right in the same minute. But it just feels very unlikely to me, as it's only a few days left and Bethesda didn't talked about anything yet. That's really un-bethesdaesque.