FO: NV (DLC)

Rosbjerg

And also weren't the rumours about dlc 5 and 6 a well? At least I remember reading some comment about those on Fallout wikia.

Bull**** and you're a bad person for believing it. ;) 4 DLCs have been confirmed so far. I imagine that if the DLCs are massively successful Bethesda will greenlight some more, but it's highly unlikely.

Gods. Can you imagine a world in which we'd get new DLC on a monthly basis? :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guess that means that DLC 2, 3 and 4 are done already to some extend. Normally, the path nodes and nav-mesh pain is done in the last step of the world creation.

Well, for certain parts of the development process (specifically, VO recording), there's probably some economy of scale to doing a lot of it at once.

On another note, I've finally gotten around to playing some of Dead Money tonight. Completed the "recruit everybody" phase.

The characters and the setting have my interest, and I do appreciate what being stripped of all my inventory crutches brings to the game. But I have to say that I'm not generally a fan of what they're trying to do thus far. Simply put, I don't enjoy horror elements in games. If a game rushes me or scares me, that increases my stress level, which is the opposite of what I'm trying to accomplish when I'm playing a game. The toxic cloud's "incentive to hurry" is a gentle prod, but it does make me rush about more quickly than I would like. (Well, it did until I figured out how to get stimpaks out of the vending machines.)

i hope we're getting a longer wait for the next dlc because they are working on adding some serious real estate to the game. I want more exploration plz

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Old World Blues reportedly coming in May (from The Vault)

A Bethesda forum user called "GT409" reports that the newest issue of PlayStation Magazine has a preview of next month's Qore PSN online mag, which says that it will feature information on Old World Blues add-on for Fallout: New Vegas. According to the user, the subtitle for the preview says "Are you the scientist or the guinea pig?"

The next issue of Qore releases on PSN on the 3rd of May, so if it's true, we can expect the DLC next month as well. Unlike Dead Money, the next three add-ons, Old World Blues, Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road, will be released simultaneously on the PC, PS3 and 360.

Edited by funcroc

Old World Blues reportedly coming in May (from The Vault)

A Bethesda forum user called "GT409" reports that the newest issue of PlayStation Magazine has a preview of next month's Qore PSN online mag, which says that it will feature information on Old World Blues add-on for Fallout: New Vegas. According to the user, the subtitle for the preview says "Are you the scientist or the guinea pig?"

The next issue of Qore releases on PSN on the 3rd of May, so if it's true, we can expect the DLC next month as well. Unlike Dead Money, the next three add-ons, Old World Blues, Honest Hearts and Lonesome Road, will be released simultaneously on the PC, PS3 and 360.

Reading that thread reminded me of why normal people shouldn't bother reading Bethesda forums. They are all pretty much slashing their wrists and "giving up" on FNV because they aren't spammed with information on the dlcs...

Anyways, if Old World Blues is released on 3rd of May, that's lovely. Just before L.A Noire and DS3 :lol:

Hate the living, love the dead.

"They can't even announce a dlc..."

Guess they don't know that there is a difference between can't and won't.

So The Big MT as next DLC? Sounds fine. Though I really hope it will not end in a Cube-like parkour rehash.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Big Empty sounds interesting, but also like another cramped space.

Also, of some interest, Chris' Twitter location is now "Lonesome Road, the Divide". Dunno, I may already have mentioned that, but whatever.

Wasn't his location previously Big MT?

Hate the living, love the dead.

On another note, I've finally gotten around to playing some of Dead Money tonight. Completed the "recruit everybody" phase.

The characters and the setting have my interest, and I do appreciate what being stripped of all my inventory crutches brings to the game. But I have to say that I'm not generally a fan of what they're trying to do thus far. Simply put, I don't enjoy horror elements in games. If a game rushes me or scares me, that increases my stress level, which is the opposite of what I'm trying to accomplish when I'm playing a game. The toxic cloud's "incentive to hurry" is a gentle prod, but it does make me rush about more quickly than I would like. (Well, it did until I figured out how to get stimpaks out of the vending machines.)

I can follow your reasoning, but surely you'd admit that the alternative is to treat the progress of one's avatar like a stroll down a foreign tourist beach. A little bit boring, pleasant for that reason, and occasionally interrupted by an old man trying to sell you a carpet. I mean a besuited monster punching your bits off.

I'm going to argue that dramatic tension and release is only delivered if it occurs within a relatively compact time. Having endless bad guys and a toxic cloud keeps up the pressure to move and progress, to explore the narrative, not just amble about.

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm going to argue that dramatic tension and release is only delivered if it occurs within a relatively compact time. Having endless bad guys and a toxic cloud keeps up the pressure to move and progress, to explore the narrative, not just amble about.

I'd answer that by saying that the nature of the hardcore-mode cloud in the Villa is that the dramatic tension doesn't release-- you're constantly worrying that you've messed up playing the resource-management game of doing enough exploration while preserving your health/stims/etc. Until I got the vending machine code for stimpaks, the only thing preventing me from being a nervous wreck was the assumed gaminess of the developers' motivations (i.e., "they want the game to be completable and fun, so they wouldn't expect me to be completely efficient in my health/stim/whatever conservation"). I don't enjoy having to make a choice between either constant worrying or having to soothe myself with meta-analysis. But, that's a personal preference-- I'm aware that there's a whole survival horror genre out there catering to people who don't agree with me on that particular point.

Anyhow, I've now finished the episode, and I am, on the whole, a quite satisfied customer. I was somewhat disappointed with the reveal of

Father Elijah's motivations, as they seemed a bit too over-the-top-cackling-evil

. But I did find all of the joinable NPCs worthwhile to talk to, and thought that their conclusions were apt and somewhat satisfying. And the background story of the Madre was appropriately simple and bittersweet. (The teases regarding

Ulysses and the Big MT

were a little heavy-handed, but that might just be because I exhausted nearly all the dialogues, and the DLC built in a little redundancy to make sure that particular message got through.)

Edited by Enoch

Part of me wonders whether Bethesda legal/PR has been taking their time reviewing and possibly editing the DLC's depictions of the LDS church.

I mean, if FO2 had been a 21st century mass-market product, there's no effin' way the Hubologist bit makes it in. (And, really, that might have been an improvement.)

It's actually a lot more satisfying than I thought it would be. I am still tossing dynamite around like there's no tomorrow, but I am hoping I will be able to move up to grenades and grenade launchers soon. So far there's just not enough ammo to sustain me through even one combat situation without having to resort to guns in the end. Also, explosives feels MUCH weaker than even a cowboy repeater. One shot of sneaky criticals to the head insta-kills most of what's out there, but explosives need like 5 explosions to kill anything.

Oh, and I have 9 in my gun skill. It's still more powerful than my explosives, even though I've taken three levels of that "add 20% damage to your explosives" perk.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!