FO: NV (DLC)

Rosbjerg

Wonder how many noobs will whine about Old World Blues being a Portal 2 ripoff. :>

Tensed to see the dlcs and I am really happy they follow each other very close then.

What I hate a lot is the 17th to be the date. Thats a tuesday once again and I need to go to bed pretty early, due to workday the next day... But I'll guess one can't have everything. :>

/Edit: And the Lonesome Road dlc will most likely make my Ulysses clothes mod invalid, oh noe!

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What bothers me about all the clothing mods is that they utterly trash the bloody 50s styling. It's all whatsisname fantasy artist Boris Vallejo for the ladeez, and Call of Duty for the guys. FFS, make some effort. :sweat:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

We're getting Burning Man and Ulysses? Be still my blood pump.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Lexx, I thought you were in Europe?

Yeh, but Dead Money got released in the evening, I think. I doubt it will be much different with the other DLCs, so I will have only a few hours to play until I need sleep again, which is bad. Very bad. :>

Those scummy Obsidianites even made your Enclave Power Armor mod invalid. Such treachery! :sweat:

Yeah! :> But on the other hand, I am happy they have done it, because I am not really happy with my mod. It somehow doesn't live up to the standard I try to hold. :>

What bothers me about all the clothing mods is that they utterly trash the bloody 50s styling. It's all whatsisname fantasy artist Boris Vallejo for the ladeez, and Call of Duty for the guys. FFS, make some effort. ;(

That's why I don't use any mod that adds new clothes. There just aren't many good ones and I will not add unfallouty heresy to my FNV. Heh, fancy enough that the game doesn't need a million mods to make it feel more like a Fallout game. :>

Also MCA tweeting about DLCs:

FINALLY - what we've been working on: New Vegas DLC: Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, and Lonesome Road. http://bit.ly/lKWxnN
And one thing I love about working on DLCs is you have a lot more freedom to give them the names you want.
Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

About ******* time. Also really lovely that they release Honest Hearts just before L.A Noire ;(

I thought L.A. Noire came out on the 16th. Brink is also coming out on the 10th so its going to be a pretty awesome month for me. :sweat:

Edit: L.A. Noire comes out on the 17th, same day as Honest Hearts.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

As a slight downer, Gstaff (the Beth community manager) just mentioned in one of the threads at the Beth forums that each DLC will raise the level cap by 5. So, once we have them all the level cap will be level 50. Which means the skill point economy will be shot to hell, which is a shame given that vanilla New Vegas improved this rather a lot from Fallout 3. Not a surprise about the level cap raises of course but still...

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I thought L.A. Noire came out on the 16th.

The 16th is a Monday. Games (and DVD/Blu-Ray movies, not sure about music) get released on Tuesday.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

At some point I need to pick up Dead Money... but I just haven't sparked on the FO lately.

Not that there's anything coming out immediately that is catching my attention game wise.

I mean, I'm skipping the fuss of LA Noire since I don't have a console... curse them for ignoring the pc market these days.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

As a slight downer, Gstaff (the Beth community manager) just mentioned in one of the threads at the Beth forums that each DLC will raise the level cap by 5. So, once we have them all the level cap will be level 50. Which means the skill point economy will be shot to hell, which is a shame given that vanilla New Vegas improved this rather a lot from Fallout 3. Not a surprise about the level cap raises of course but still...

So that's what they meant by dynamic level cap. Every DLC has to raise the level cap by 5 so if you buy only one, it doesn't just raises you to level X but raises your level cap of 5.

And yeah, the skill points economy will inevitably get ****ed up, but to be honest, I don't think there's enough stuff in vanilla to get your level that high, and for PC, in case I feel like it'll get too ****ed up, I just can slow leveling.

The skill points economy *is* ****ed up already. I am pretty sure that I will be able to max out the rest of my not-yet-100 skills with the next dlc, and even if not, the next one will do it then.

I personally think it's not *that* worse now. We can't change it anyway and have to live with it. The real problem is that skill checks will be nullified due to this. After all, what worth are skillchecks, if you always win them.

About ******* time. Also really lovely that they release Honest Hearts just before L.A Noire :)

I thought L.A. Noire came out on the 16th. Brink is also coming out on the 10th so its going to be a pretty awesome month for me. :(

Edit: L.A. Noire comes out on the 17th, same day as Honest Hearts.

Since I'm from Europe, L.A Noire comes out on the 20th. Hence before.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Since I'm from Europe, L.A Noire comes out on the 20th. Hence before.

I see. I thought you were implying that the release of Honest Hearts 'early' was to avoid competition with L.A. Noire. Which might have been the case with Brink as it was originally going to be released same day as L.A. Noire on the 17th, but got bumped up a week to the 10th. Speaking of which, only 7 days left and I can't wait!

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

From gstaff:

2) Old World Blues will offer a new trait (and respec your traits if you've already chosen them) that will allow you to cap your level at 30 (or current level if you

If you're aiming for a F:NV completionist run-- exploring everywhere, doing all the non-mutually-exclusive quests you can, and playing all the DLC-- you should go get the mod that lets you raise all the XP thresholds for leveling up. I've found that a 40% increase makes for a reasonable pace of level progression, although additional DLC might alter this.

I take it Lonesome Road and the other new DLCs will take place after the main quest of NV?

And do they have a habit of messing up installed mods? I hear they come with patches, and would loathe to have my Multi-Companion Mod and Cass Nude Alternate Appearance Mod going to waste.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I take it Lonesome Road and the other new DLCs will take place after the main quest of NV?

I don't really care if the others are mid-campaign or not, but, from its description, I really feel like Lonesome Road should be post-main-quest. It just feels like a classic hero's farewell-- the triumphant protagonist not celebrating his victory, but instead marching off into no-man's-land on a much more personal mission, never to return.

can't wait for these all to get released. then i can do one giant epic playthrough.... a great way to end the summer

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't really care if the others are mid-campaign or not, but, from its description, I really feel like Lonesome Road should be post-main-quest. It just feels like a classic hero's farewell-- the triumphant protagonist not celebrating his victory, but instead marching off into no-man's-land on a much more personal mission, never to return.

It's hard to say now of course but I'd definitely agree that from the description (as well as the numerous hints in Dead Money), Lonesome Road definitely feels like the epic, nostalgic, perhaps even tragic DLC. There were two things I thought about right away when reading the description, one was the ending of Fallout 1 with the Vault Dweller wandering away alone and the other was the Exile heading out into the unknown in the ending of KOTOR2.

Still, I hope that there won't be too much explicit background on the Courier in it. I still want that blank slate feeling when I start up a new character in NV.

But Gstaff said this on the Beth forums:

Unrelated, wanted to note that none of the upcoming DLCs will allow you to play beyond the main quest (for the same reasons noted by the developers prior to the game's release).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0