Dragon Age 2

Rosbjerg

i pretty much agree with oblarq.

the endless streams of mooks are the single biggest problem with dragon age 1 in my opinion. It was a game where I felt the term dungeon "crawl" was truly appropriate, because of the pace you were forced to take to get through it.

actually though, the baldurs gate games were like that too, but not as much. I wasn't super crazy about it then either though. I prefer the combat in fallout.

I still really liked dragon age, but I would have liked the game WAY more if it had dungeons that were half the length. it would be ideal if they made a really big optional dungeon that people could explore if they wanted to fight mooks all day.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Those endless hordes of mooks wouldn't be so bad if one tactic wouldn't work on all of them. Storm of the Century = win. Cone of Cold = win. Yawn.

At least equally tedious dungeon crawls in Icewind Dale & Baldur's Gate required some variation in tactics.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I'm actually getting annoyed with the endless mooks that it's preventing me from progressing in the game. Mostly due to limited playtime at home. I'd rather be working on story progression than spamming back stabs all day.

Stand Your Convictions and You Will Walk Alone.

That's simply untrue.

Gotta pitch in and say I agree with the previous gentlemen.

Just out of curiosity, how do you like the fade part of the mages tower quest? Because it seems like most of people who liked the combat in DA and didn't see anything repetitive in it often dislike that part for some reason. To me in other hand it felt like a breeze of fresh air, because it actually introduced something new to the never ending kill-all-mooks pattern.

To me in other hand it felt like a breeze of fresh air

this :lol:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The new skill 'webs' actually look good and I'm not so bothered about the spammy dungeons, with the faster combat it should feel less of a hellish, godawfull chore, I want to see the PC user interface in action.

*edit*

From the Eurogamer preview

"Beyond the visuals and the combat, BioWare's preparing a refined experience for things like DLC. Having learned from the first game, the developer is promising optional updates will provide longer adventures and will be easier to locate in the world once you've bought them."

Easier to locate? Easier than a sandwich board wearing moron sitting my camp for the whole game?

Edited by WDeranged

Combat seems to be a lot like:

fatkid.gif

Hopefully the group tactics will be expanded over DA:O, because micro-managing looks like a nightmare when something awesome happens as soon as one gives out a command. I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

i thought the fade section was cool, but placing it right after a horribly long and boring dungeon was a TERRIBLE decision. they should have cut the mage tower dungeon down to 20% of the mookfighting and then the Fade dungeon would have been really fun without the baggage of being saddled to a huge slog.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

The real problem was the entire game design. They just couldn't come up with anything better than a long, repetitive dungeon. There were no real quests to speak of. Fade wasn't too bad since at least it was something different.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

fatkid.gif

Hopefully the group tactics will be expanded over DA:O, because micro-managing looks like a nightmare when something awesome happens as soon as one gives out a command. I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Lower the difficulty a bit and play with a group of 2 or 3, that's what I did.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

"1. Walk into room.

2. Enemies spawn all around you.

3. Die

4. Reload, position correctly for coming fight, win.

5. Repeat in next room."

Describes every RPG ever created unless one finds said RPG easy. *shruG*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"1. Walk into room.

2. Enemies spawn all around you.

3. Die

4. Reload, position correctly for coming fight, win.

5. Repeat in next room."

Describes every RPG ever created unless one finds said RPG easy. *shruG*

this is not as far from the truth as I would like...

Fade was nice.

And I didn't have the bagage of the slog since the auto-balancing decided it was time to pit level 13's to my level 21 group. So I pretty much murdered everything by looking at them :lol: (and that was Nightmare... *sigh*) ...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

i thought the fade section was cool, but placing it right after a horribly long and boring dungeon was a TERRIBLE decision. they should have cut the mage tower dungeon down to 20% of the mookfighting and then the Fade dungeon would have been really fun without the baggage of being saddled to a huge slog.

Yes!

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

They did tend to be long in the tooth. I've played through that maybe 5 times, each time I always breathe a sigh of relief just as I end the fade only to remember I've still got some to go.

Might have been better to just split them into two seperate quests. And split the Deep Roads up into two or three.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

yes that would have helped a lot for me.

Also, as a separate issue: most of the "quests" in dragon age tend to be a bit light in content. I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything in the world like I do when I finish a quest in fallout 1-2 or new vegas. I think this has been a problem for a lot of bioware titles though, so I'm not expecting much for DA 2.

As tiresome as the Deep Roads might have been for some, I really enjoyed how gruelling and long it was. It really drives home how dangerous that place is for Ferelden - and really, a dungeon romp is no fun if it's too easy to restock. It was nice to see a game in recent times that really wears your party down like that and makes you dread the next encounter.

As tiresome as the Deep Roads might have been for some, I really enjoyed how gruelling and long it was. It really drives home how dangerous that place is for Ferelden - and really, a dungeon romp is no fun if it's too easy to restock. It was nice to see a game in recent times that really wears your party down like that and makes you dread the next encounter.

I enjoyed it for the same reasons as well. It was long and grueling and I didn't go back to Orzammar to resupply. It had some good mini-bosses like the spider queen and the darkspawn forgemaster and a lot of the encounters were fun for me.

Well, Deep Roads was easy to restock anyway. You don't need to start over if you go to Orzammar and come back. I can appreciate the idea, though. I think a few games have kind of done that, but not off the top of my head.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

fatkid.gif

I feel horrible for laughing at that. :grin:

*flagellates self*

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

...looks like my worst fears came true, they've designed dungeons the same way as Dragon Age: Origins. Goddammit.

Basically your normal Bioware game with endless amount of enemies to smash to pieces. Don't like UI at all and also that game looks like your average action game on the 360. They better have not touched the PC version..

Also I find it funny how they've made changes to the dialogue wheel to show stances like "suave" after Alpha Protocol came out. It's not like people didn't whine about it already after Mass Effect and still it was identical in Mass Effect 2. Boom Alpha Protocol comes out and look what happened :grin: I wonder if any review will mention this fact that they took some influence from Obsidian this time around...

Hate the living, love the dead.

"Beyond the visuals and the combat, BioWare's preparing a refined experience for things like DLC. Having learned from the first game, the developer is promising optional updates will provide longer adventures and will be easier to locate in the world once you've bought them."

Easier to locate? Easier than a sandwich board wearing moron sitting my camp for the whole game?

Instead of waiting for you in one place, they follow you around and initiating conversation from time to time! Or how about a commercial break during some cliffhangerish quest? :grin:

Please make this happen EA!

Hate the living, love the dead.