What you did today

Pidesco

Start of old thread

End of old thread

I've preordered The Witcher 2 while at work, and decided on the place I'm going to rent. It's right next to Lisbon's medieval castle. Woot.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Just to carry on briefly from the old...

I once got told in all seriousness by a friend that "love is something that happens when you're a teenager. Then you grow out of that and its just relationships and sex, there's no such thing as real love."

It's interesting how much viewpoints can get split on whats sentiment, and what's real.

Sure, there's the question of when melodramatic romance is out of place.. but should you really grow mature enough that love is meaningless? :p

----

On the other matters..staggered awake today and I think I've recovered from the sushi stomach issues of yesterday.. tis grey and windy outside.. I do enjoy the sound of wind hitting the trees...

I keep poking at amazon, game and the other usual suspects to see about Tron Evolution for the pc.. and no-one has it available for pre-order.. even if they have stacks of the various console versions..

Still, time to gather my thoughts, enjoy a cup of tea, and make a proper start on various chores..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I once got told in all seriousness by a friend that "love is something that happens when you're a teenager. Then you grow out of that and its just relationships and sex, there's no such thing as real love."

It's interesting how much viewpoints can get split on whats sentiment, and what's real.

Sure, there's the question of when melodramatic romance is out of place.. but should you really grow mature enough that love is meaningless? :p

Until a year and a half ago, I would have agreed with your friend. Love =/= melodramatic teenage crushes, more like being absurdly good friends with a member of the opposite sex. Or the same sex, I guess. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Anyone who thinks love is just teen crushes is simply someone who's never experienced it. :p

Going back to the previous thread:

Think, what would Duke do?

Say he's going to form the best relationship ever, then eleven years later admit he's spent the entire time w***ing into a hedge?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Think, what would Duke do?

Say he's going to form the best relationship ever, then eleven years later admit he's spent the entire time w***ing into a hedge?

I think Duke would have exploded boo several weeks ago. So no, I won't be Duke.

It's fear of falling into a mindset like this that sometimes nudges me to try psychedelics. I like to be reminded of the wonder, joy, and potential of life that can often be missed or forgotten about in the mundanity of day-to-day experiences.

I know some people will be uncomfortable reading this, and to them I can only say: understand what psychedelics actually are and do, and then judge all you want. They are as similar to something like heroine or cocaine or marijuana as caffeine is.

EDIT: Certainly I am a zealous supporter of the existence of real love.

Edited by Krezack

While I dont agree with Boo's bull-in-the-china-shop approach, he does have a certain point, in that after 11 months of grieving one may want to rub some dirt on it and get back in the game.

One can mourn the loss of love and cruise for a piece of recreational ass at the same time. :lol:

Relationships just detract from gaming/coding time.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You can never code enough. Never. Unless it's LISP.

To meet the two, you first need a million dollars.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Was an Office Space joke :p

Course, Lawrence was dumb, if I had a million dollars. I'd mix Samir and Peter's options. Invest, and do nothing.

I've been playing more FNV as time goes on, & starting to neglect a lot of little things in order to do so. Like, right now I'm wearing a pair of ragged pants I haven't worn in years, because the dirty clothes pile is just shy of the ceiling. But at least it's not as bad as when I first started WoW, or even Diablo2, years ago. eg, at least I still eat and sleep regularly.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Was an Office Space joke :p

Course, Lawrence was dumb, if I had a million dollars. I'd mix Samir and Peter's options. Invest, and do nothing.

It's sad that a million bucks would really not do all that much for me. It would basically push me up to my ten year plan. I would definitely still need to work, although I could retire a few years earlier. It would free me from debt, although I'd still need to carry a mortgage if I wanted a decent house in my area. I could update a few big items like cars, but then that's about it.

Not that I'd turn it down, I'm just saying it doesn't go that far anymore.

I'm currently writing up a literature review among a pile of papers and books. In other news, my transfer application was accepted and, provided nothing comes up, I should be out of here and to the University of Mary Washington in the spring (well, I'll be back later but that's will still be two-three years away depending on how long these degrees take). :lol:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Guest The Architect

Exams are over, the holidays start today. I'll probably be looking into Summer school over the next couple weeks, which will start in January sometime. It's always enjoyable going to university for the week, although the Pure n' Natural food place gets old after a while. There is a hot food place further away on the campus, but it's always packed, as you can imagine (FAT AUSTRALIANS!). I'd barely have time to have a meal during the lunch break going for that option at all, and it's not all that crash hot anyway.

What if you meet the two

Yesterday, my sister's oldest dog was in pain. He's an old dog, practically blind, can't hold his bowels most of the time. He was howling in pain. They assumed the worst and took him to the vet. Turns out he just had a toothache, but was fine otherwise. After some antibiotic, he was full of energy.

TODAY, they come home and it looks like he fell off the couch. A huge bruise on his neck and his neck bent out of place. Still alive, but can't really move. Emergency vet doesn't think he's going to get better.

Absolutely ****ty luck.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."