BioWare's New Game

Maria Caliban

The hell?

...and is highering QA...

You need to hire QA.

The sad thing is that I'm an editor. :ermm:

Those freshly minted MFAs b*tches are aiming for my job and they're probably better at it than I am. Got to slit one's throat, devour her heart, and gain her power.

I'm much more intrigued/amused by the mix of gritty grit and, well, Tunnel Snakes hair. :*

I can only assume that 'tunnel snake' means something different to you than it does to me.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I have a friend who totally adores tunnel snakes.

Does he march with all other people who love tunnel snakes on the "tunnel snakes pride parade"?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

But what really always gets me is when people talk about Indy 4 like its the worst movie of all time but completly forget temple of doom. 2&4 have both equal theyre bad and good parts.

I like 2, hate 4. Same with my sister.

Does the Temple of Doom have:

* Horrible CGI Bug fights (red ants)

* Sheia LeBouf (don't say Short Round is worse... no ****ing way)

* As much continuity errors, like a magnetised mask whenever it's deemed necessary, but not at other times.

* Tarzan scenes

* Aliens

* Nuking fridges

* Horrible Russian accents.

* Horrible fake CGI, aside from the horrible CGI bugfight.

* An utterly horrible ending.

And that's just what I can think up right now, probably more if I had more time... :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

But what really always gets me is when people talk about Indy 4 like its the worst movie of all time but completly forget temple of doom. 2&4 have both equal theyre bad and good parts.

I like 2, hate 4. Same with my sister.

Does the Temple of Doom have:

* Horrible CGI Bug fights (red ants)

* Sheia LeBouf (don't say Short Round is worse... no ****ing way)

* As much continuity errors, like a magnetised mask whenever it's deemed necessary, but not at other times.

* Tarzan scenes

* Aliens

* Nuking fridges

* Horrible Russian accents.

* Horrible fake CGI, aside from the horrible CGI bugfight.

* An utterly horrible ending.

And that's just what I can think up right now, probably more if I had more time... :x

1. It has equivlants of equally bad and stupid scenes and bad special effects. Everything that happens in the temple itself for example

2. Yes, short round was worse. Waaaaaaaay worse. Also I don't get what people have against Shia. He's semi-decent in all of his roles so far (Though many of them were written horribly), can't comment on him as a comedian though since I never saw him.

3. Yes, yes, yes. Though 4 was worse. Also the example isn't a continuty error. In fact it has nothing to do with continunity but is a logical problem.

4. 5. 6.

Two pictures

temple_of_doom_flaming-heart.jpg

templeofdoom.jpg

7. Horrible accents check. Also an indy expertise and the expertise of the whole damn american movie industry. Don't even get me started on german voices in movies. :lol:

8. Horrible fake special effects? check. The only difference is that most of them were really decent when 2 came out. But in retrospect. Urgs. Though I also have to mention I DON'T MIND bad CGI or special effects at all.

Hell I love 50-60 special effects movies. I'm a fan of early monster movies and my favourite show as a kid is Beast Wars. So take my CGI comments as you will

9. Yep. Began with the dumbass "Now I will take your heart hurrrdar" to the realization that neither the Bitch nor annoying kid died.

Indiana Jones 2 rules and there is nothing you can do about it. Sure, the chinese kid is really annoying and the girl is really bitchy but it HAS A GUY GETTING HIS HEART RIPPED OUT!

....Indy 4 sucked because Spielberg went crazy and let his fascination of aliens take over. Martians belong in an Indiana Jones film like Elves in a Terminator flick.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Indiana Jones 2 rules and there is nothing you can do about it. Sure, the chinese kid is really annoying and the girl is really bitchy but it HAS A GUY GETTING HIS HEART RIPPED OUT!

I agree Aliens was way too much but doesn't belong there this much? Did I just imagine all the mystical **** in other Indy movies?

Also his heart getting ripped out is kiiiiiiiinda the problem.

Edited by C2B

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom has the Chinese nightclub scene and the Anglo-Indian Army saving the day. It has the scene with the strange dinner party. It has the mine chase scene. It has Kate Capshaw in silk pyjamas. It owns the newest movie so completely it's not even funny.

This is more fun than talking about McBio's new Happy Meal.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I agree Aliens was way too much but doesn't belong there this much? Did I just imagine all the mystical **** in other Indy movies?

Also his heart getting ripped out is kiiiiiiiinda the problem.

Can't believe that we're debating whether an alien "fits" the Indy universe...

In a series that has had -

• Wrath of God
  • Angels or Spirits
  • A priest who can pull people's hearts from their chests
  • A drug that can hypnotize anyone into doing anything
  • Magical Stones that keep lands fertile
  • Magical stones that can be made to heat up by chanting particular phrases
  • Magical stones that, when gathered together, are supposed to give ultimate power
  • A cup that can heal any wound
  • A magical seal that said cup can't be moved past

That doesn't get into all the other improbabilities in the series...but then it was never intended to be realistic, either.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

What does indy have to do with a scifi guy with a rifle getting ready to shoot some punk in a destroyed city?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What does indy have to do with a scifi guy with a rifle getting ready to shoot some punk in a destroyed city?

crappy rehashing of stagnant concepts.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

It started as a debate about the possibility of this game being a ME prequel; then became whether prequels could ever be good, with Indy2 being held as an example, which expanded into an Indy debate.

I don't think prequels per se are bad, and I think there's room in ME's timeline to explore stories without feeling like you know everything that's going to happen so if the game DOES turn out to be ME related or specifically a ME prequel, I think it could still be fun.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

the only real indiana jones film is Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The others were all parodies of the original. not actual films. I'm not saying they suck (though some do), just saying they shouldn't be talked about in the same vein as the original.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.