Fallout: New Vegas

Pidesco

the doctor is in...

amputationsdags.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Its really just a bullet exchange system. At reloading workbenches you can break one type of ammo apart into components, or use junk and break that apart and use the parts to construct another kind of ammo. Well, except that you need shells, you cant build a shotgun shell out of a 10mm cartridge etc.

wow, a Ripper? is that a mod?

Only the hair, eyes and skin texture of the player character are mods. I bought the ripper from the junkyard lady

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have no idea how to make the ammunition or what to do with the cases. I also have no idea how to do it in real life, so maybe that is my problem.

Go to a reloading bench, highlight the ammo you want to make, press A and A again (or the xbox equivalent). Provided you have all ingredients of course. You probably will need to cannibalize other ammo types to get powder, led and primers.

Which is done with the breakdown options in the end of the reloading bench screen.

You probably need a few points in repair as well, not sure.

Hey guys, do any of you have this problem occasionally, mountains in the distance flickering? If so, anyone knows how to fix it?

I'm enjoying the game a lot btw.

They did that occasionally in FO3 too, never got fixed, It's one of those "just live with it" type things that you get with Gamebryo.

They flicker less if you smack view distance to maximum

Okay, i have two questions, and two potential bugs.

First, I was wandering around in Vault 34 (what a creepy place), and when I went back, this scientist Emily Ortal was there (bug? What is she doing here?), asking be to

plant a bug in Lucky 38. Where exactly btw?

Secondly, what if I

disable Mr. house? Is that good? Should I work for him, or should I return to the Yesman? Because when I do, he cannot be found anywhere. The stupid robot just vanished!

Maybe it's just me, but so far voice acting & dialogue isn't better than in FO3. I even noticed Redguard male is back (but then this person is a decent voice actor), Argonian male is probably back too?

I'm also considering turning off hardcore mode since it tends to turn my game into a cover-based shooter. Stimpaks seem pretty rare anyway, so the extra baggage is imo not needed.

Also, geckos are more annoying than mirelurks could ever be. I also have the impression they use the same running animation?

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I like geckos :( mirelurks are in the game btw, sort of. they're a lot nastier here though.

as for Vault 34, I don't remember seeing a human there...

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Can someone explain damage mechanics? The manual doesn't explain it very well. As I understand it, each weapon has a DAM & DPS, so if the weapon's DAM is higher than an enemy's DT, the enemy receives the full effect of DPS reduced by damage resistance?

The thing is, I've had it happened that the red shield icon appeared, but still the enemy died quickly nonetheless.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Also, there's this huge delay between my picking a plant and the UI message/sound effect that it's been added to my inventory. Like, 10 seconds delay. Is that normal?

I get this all the time, not only when picking up/using stuff.

also, I don't like how the game forces you to level up once you ding. I've not tried canceling it yet, but it makes sence really, if it doesn't allow that. still hate it

I've had the red shield thing pop after a critter had died, so I guess the delay is prevalent. Maybe that explains some of the UI messages that seem to pop up for no reason....

And I don't like forced level ups either, especially when the tend to come in the middle of, or right after, a battle.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've heard DLC's are confirmed, but I'm not sure if Bethesda or Obsidian are the ones working on them. Anyway, if Obsidian are the ones making the DLCs I hope they focus more on their strengths, and downplay their flaws. This open world design seems to have hurt their usual creative perspicacity. As well as created one to many bugs. Although this is a definite improvement over AP.

One more thing, someone said SPECIAL convo options only show up if you pass the background numbers check, but when I was talking to Walter in Pheeble Minded quest, a "Perception 5/7" popped up in red, so I don't think this is the case.

I must say, while quest and writing and combat all feel improved over Fallout 3, Obsidian didn't quite nail world-building, from a design point of view. I've already encountered far too many invisible walls.

Apart from invisible walls though. I like Obsidians better. Especially the settlements.

Edited by C2B

I think the skill-based checks don't sow unless you have that skill at an appropriate level.

I've had it happened that the red shield icon appeared, but still the enemy died quickly nonetheless.

I think that's because you shot it in the head.

Obsidian didn't quite nail world-building, from a design point of view. I've already encountered far too many invisible walls.

I haven't seen *too* many invisible walls, but even so, that surely doesn't prove obsidz are bad designers. so far the game has been nothing short of brilliant

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Obsidian didn't quite nail world-building, from a design point of view. I've already encountered far too many invisible walls.

I haven't seen *too* many invisible walls, but even so, that surely doesn't prove obsidz are bad designers. so far the game has been nothing short of brilliant

1. Never said that Obsidz are bad designers. Don't put words in my mouth.

2. I've met far more invisible walls than in Fallout 3 (and there were already too many in that game). In Fallout 3 they were mostly limited to the rubble in DC.. in New Vegas? Full of potentially climbable hills that are somehow walled off. There's almost a circle of invisible walls at Lake Mead. Considering that it's Obsidian's first foray in open-world games, I don't consider the world to be badly designed, from what I've seen it's for the most part to a level comparable to that of Fallout 3, but in some ways it's inferior.

For what it's worth (or not)....after a 2nd random game freeze/crash, I noticed one of the K-Lite Codepack icons was in the systray. I have no idea if it affects anything/could be the cause of my crash or is completely unrelated, but when I checked, fallout3.exe was one of the files that was already in the "don't use ffdshow" list. So I added falloutNV.exe to it since I figure it didn't need to be running while playing a game anyway. *shrug*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1. Never said that Obsidz are bad designers. Don't put words in my mouth.

2. I've met far more invisible walls than in Fallout 3 (and there were already too many in that game). In Fallout 3 they were mostly limited to the rubble in DC.. in New Vegas? Full of potentially climbable hills that are somehow walled off. There's almost a circle of invisible walls at Lake Mead. Considering that it's Obsidian's first foray in open-world games, I don't consider the world to be badly designed, from what I've seen it's for the most part to a level comparable to that of Fallout 3, but in some ways it's inferior.

I've read on the other forums that part of the decision for those walls are because of the way companion pathing works/is limited (among other things, not sure only hearsay). But on the PC you can apparently get rid of them if you really want.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topi...;#entry16523638

Edited by LadyCrimson

I'm still not in Vegas, despite playing the game for 20+ hours. Completed the Helios One Quest. Now I' curious, when will I be able to use Helios One as a weapon? Nevertheless, I'm on my way to Boulders City along with Ed-e and Boon. The game is great so far and it's easily the best Fallout game since Fallout 2. Personally, I think it's a great spiritual successor to the both original games. Lot of things has been pointed out before, but I just wonna say, that I love playing Caravan. I really hope Obsidian will be working on NV DLC. Why is it so hard to confirm who is working on the DLC?

New Vegas is channeling Fallout 2, man.

and it has "Van Buren" written all over it.

Walsingham said: