Dragon Age 2

CoM_Solaufein

Haven't seen the vid, but is it just no casting time, or no casting time AND no cooldown?

I didn't see casting time or cool down, but the PC was a fighter.

The part I saw looked a great deal like Dynasty Warriors gameplay. Leaked german vid.

There's clearly cooldown in the very video you linked!

It looks 'faster', but apart from that, the basic gui setup etc. seems to be pretty similar to what the DAO console versions were. Doesn't look like the rumored hit 'x' to swing sword is there, either. Now we'll just have to see what the PC version looks like.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

dev comments on the video @ the bio forums (not sure if the 'view dev posts' alone works for non-registered users).

Highlights: the sequence is indeed from 'Varric's pipe dream', ie. show the protagonist as larger than life, and will be toned down for rest of the game. Armor supposedly going to be less bulky in final game (at least for rogues). Alpha Protocol influence more or less admitted ('stance' in addition to dialogue snippet on the wheel). Quite a bit of interesting stuff - the DA team is a lot better in their PR than the ME team (wish I could say the same about the DLC teams) :fdevil:

The DA developers seem like a bunch of laid-back people with a good sense of humour. From the few ME dev posts I've read, they seemed quite a bit different, rage-quitting in topics, etc.

Well, Dave Gaider used to have bad days in the past, but he seems to have mellowed out a bit. :fdevil:

I don't think I've essentially any ME dev post on the boards, though. AFAICT The only Bioware staff who regularly post in those forums are Chris Priestly (community manager) and Stanley Woo (QA guy who is either a masochist or whose duties include policing the boards). The dev team only posts in individual trouble shooting threads (audio bugs, pinnacle station x360 compatibility issue etc.) and rarely, if ever contribute in discussion beyond the issue at hand.

Generally speaking it's impossible for everybody to come across as a 'nice guy' and manage a forum of any significance. Generally this is avoided by outsourcing forum moderation (like here, or on a certain official band forum I used to admin for) so that the 'idols' can stick to being the nice guys and the 'bastard moderator/oppressor of free speech' hat is given to somebody not directly connected with the company... I'm not exactly 100 % sure why Bio has adopted the format they have. Most of their moderating staff is from the user base, yet Priestly/Woo seem to be the ones who have to do all the 'hard' moderating.

I had to stifle a giggle when I saw that freaking awful video, the Final Fantasy comedy swords and Warner Bros blood splashes. It's the apogee of the side-scrolling fighting game made flesh, but without any of the style or humour.

Congratulations, Bioware. Bravo.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I had to stifle a giggle when I saw that freaking awful video, the Final Fantasy comedy swords and Warner Bros blood splashes. It's the apogee of the side-scrolling fighting game made flesh, but without any of the style or humour.

Congratulations, Bioware. Bravo.

The blood splatters are also confirmed "exaggerated" in that particular sequence.

those sneaky devs will tell you anything to calm you down :lol: I can totally see how it was actually toned down for filming purposes.

oh yeah, one other thing: I just finished Awakening and it sucked

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Haven't seen the vid, but is it just no casting time, or no casting time AND no cooldown?

I didn't see casting time or cool down, but the PC was a fighter.

The part I saw looked a great deal like Dynasty Warriors gameplay. Leaked german vid.

There's clearly cooldown in the very video you linked!

Okay. I didn't see it. However, I did link it.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The DA developers seem like a bunch of laid-back people with a good sense of humour. From the few ME dev posts I've read, they seemed quite a bit different, rage-quitting in topics, etc.

Well, Dave Gaider used to have bad days in the past, but he seems to have mellowed out a bit. :sorcerer:

I don't think I've essentially any ME dev post on the boards, though. AFAICT The only Bioware staff who regularly post in those forums are Chris Priestly (community manager) and Stanley Woo (QA guy who is either a masochist or whose duties include policing the boards). The dev team only posts in individual trouble shooting threads (audio bugs, pinnacle station x360 compatibility issue etc.) and rarely, if ever contribute in discussion beyond the issue at hand.

Generally speaking it's impossible for everybody to come across as a 'nice guy' and manage a forum of any significance. Generally this is avoided by outsourcing forum moderation (like here, or on a certain official band forum I used to admin for) so that the 'idols' can stick to being the nice guys and the 'bastard moderator/oppressor of free speech' hat is given to somebody not directly connected with the company... I'm not exactly 100 % sure why Bio has adopted the format they have. Most of their moderating staff is from the user base, yet Priestly/Woo seem to be the ones who have to do all the 'hard' moderating.

As someone who used to be a mod there before I resigned, the people who are mods there are so in name only in effect. As a 'mod' on the bioware boards you can't take a p*ss without going though the powers that be. And in effect asking the collective if its ok to step in. (Unless its a blatant, clear cut policy violation no one can legit question). Its a CYA mentality as a mod as if someone, ANYONE, complains about why you did such or your mod style you got a email from CP or another bioware peep with 20 questions about why and what and making you feel like they don't trust your judgment at all. Why I tossed in the towel. EVERY time I needed to flex my mod muscle and didn't kneel before the bioware gods asking for permission to do so it usually turned into a dramafest behind the scenes. I am in my 30s I don't need to be hand held.

End came fro me when CP emailed me about some guy I smacked around for verbally being abusive and of course he whined to bio acting like the victim. That was the final straw for me, I simply told CP in my email reply, 'listen ill make this easy for both of us, effectively immediately I resign from as mod of the nwn2 forums.'

In effect they don't want people who take initiative, or use they own judgment. They want sheep who ask for permission to do their job every time they turn around. That wasn't me. *shrugs*

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes at Bio, but it's such a large forum with so many people coming and going (like Bethforums), the dynamics of moderating are quite different. Besides which, Bio have throughout their history always wanted to be as involved as possible with their devs, and I imagine that means they want to keep a fairly tight handle on the atmosphere of the place in order to ensure it goes well.

Saw the leaked footage. Less than impressed. But it's early, so who knows.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

As someone who used to be a mod there before I resigned, the people who are mods there are so in name only in effect. As a 'mod' on the bioware boards you can't take a p*ss without going though the powers that be. And in effect asking the collective if its ok to step in. (Unless its a blatant, clear cut policy violation no one can legit question). Its a CYA mentality as a mod as if someone, ANYONE, complains about why you did such or your mod style you got a email from CP or another bioware peep with 20 questions about why and what and making you feel like they don't trust your judgment at all. Why I tossed in the towel. EVERY time I needed to flex my mod muscle and didn't kneel before the bioware gods asking for permission to do so it usually turned into a dramafest behind the scenes. I am in my 30s I don't need to be hand held.

End came fro me when CP emailed me about some guy I smacked around for verbally being abusive and of course he whined to bio acting like the victim. That was the final straw for me, I simply told CP in my email reply, 'listen ill make this easy for both of us, effectively immediately I resign from as mod of the nwn2 forums.'

In effect they don't want people who take initiative, or use they own judgment. They want sheep who ask for permission to do their job every time they turn around. That wasn't me. *shrugs*

Of course, if you moderated like you post here, it could mean that the same questionnaire approach did not apply to everybody. :sorcerer:

Of course, if you moderated like you post here, it could mean that the same questionnaire approach did not apply to everybody. :sorcerer:

I'm blunt and honest. You see what you get. Take that as you will. *shrugs* And it did, trust me.

That said I think they resented the fact I heeded the obsid nwn2 devs when it came to moderation style/approach much more then the bioware folks. That prob didn't do me any favors. As I saw it the obsid forums, transplanted, not biowares.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

i was thinking the same thing. now im imagining vol as a mod and it makes me giggle.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.