Dragon Age 2

CoM_Solaufein

femhawke is wicked awesome looking imo.

http://kotaku.com/5632187/dragon-age-iis-h...emale-real-nice

much better looking than the vanilla femshep option in mass effect.

I'm sure i'll spend 10 minutes on the facegen thing anyway to customize her a bit, but still, i could look at that for a 40+ hour game and enjoy every minute of it

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I caved and loaded up my very first character for Witch Hunt.

Great fun. The companions are simply fun.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Witch Hunt wasn't too long. It doesn't do much that's new. The main thing I have to say is that it has good companions, I like their banter and they're amusing.

It seems to think I denied the ritual, even though I didn't. Pretty sure I know why.

Also, apparently 35 is the level cap. I started Witch Hunt a sliver from that.

Edited by Tale

here piggy piggy piggy!

maybe the final boss will look like Ganon?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

How can you romance that which has no mouth? Awkward.

How can you romance that which has no mouth? Awkward.

Exactly.. the ladies like oral... ermm.. 'conversations'! :p

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Apparently the three masked Qunari are mages.

Apparently the three masked Qunari are mages.

What do you think of the re-conned qunari? I actually like the new version better then the old.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I think the new ones make more sense. Darkspawn from Qunari stock were Ogres. These guys look like Ogres.

i think the qunari look way better now. So far its the only thing improved looking in the new game, i think the darkspawn, which already looked lame, look much worse now.

I was just reminded of something, Is everybody expecting dialogue wheel text to not match up with spoken dialogue?

It's amazing how much I overlook that in Mass Effect. But am not wanting Hawke to be another Shepard. I'm sure I'll completely overlook it in DA2, though.

it bothers me in mass effect, but I also kind of like it, because sometimes i get pleasantly surprised by the actual words that are spoken. other times i get pissed because they don't quite match what i expected based on the little blurb

The thing about it that bothers me is conceptually it's more akin to pick a path adventure books than RPGs. "If Shepard threatens the barkeeper, turn to page 25" vs "[intimidate] Just give me the damn drink!"

Functionally, they're identical. But the former perpetuates that Shepard isn't you or your player avatar, but instead a distinct character you're simply guiding.

In practice, I'm unlikely to care in the short run. But I wouldn't want to see it be an ongoing trend.

Edited by Tale

I like that analogy, and it seems pretty apt, i agree I wouldnt want it in every game, but in mass effect I think it works fairly well because shepard really does feel like a character that I am guiding, and that seems to be the intent of the designers to cultivate that feeling. (ie the feeling of being a part of an interactive movie)

I hope that Hawke gets a good voice actor. That is my only problem with male Shepard.

I still think Mark Meer is a good voice actor, he just aims for something that more than a few people don't like. That still doesn't make him bad! :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I hope that Hawke gets a good voice actor.

Bah, he shouldn't even be voiced. Dragon Age 2 didn't need to have a voiced protagonist.

I still think Mark Meer is a good voice actor, he just aims for something that more than a few people don't like.

Exactly.

He plays paragon Shep perfectly. A boring, uninteresting person.

Heroes are boring, anti-heroes are where the fun is at.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Heroes are boring, anti-heroes are where the fun is at.

Is this the 90s? I have some stocks to buy.