Dragon Age 2

CoM_Solaufein

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if I'd call Morrigan's plot expansion material.

She's a mandatory companion, and she's practically the most important character at the end of the game, with the choice of whether or not you want to perform her dark ritual.

She actually isn't mandatory. You can tell her to pike off early in the game if you wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the 'it works almost instantly' approach can be seen here pretty well. I'm moving back to the cautiously optimistic state... :thumbsup:

It's just the tutorial-thingy, so I'm not judging, but I'm not particularly impressed to be honest. Granted, I wasn't impressed by DA:O's gameplay videos either and it turned out to be a positive surprise for me, so I'll refrain from considering it a 'lost cause' and going into all kinds of nerdrage like the rest of the internet.

the combat is a lot better, but it's bordering on insanity (looks a bit like Warriors Orochi or something). it's obviously going the way ME2 went, maybe it's for the better

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

It looks like a crappy anime inspired hack and slash. The enemies remind me of power rangers for some reason.

Much more importantly:

It also looks horribly unresponsive and extremely clunky for the obvious reason that Bioware simply isn't able to do fluid third person combat. Now that the gameplay has been stripped of its complexity, watching what a similar, action game like DMC can do makes DA2 look like a leftover from the Gothic 1 era.

Also, the blood.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

what I wanna know is if you can pause the game and issue orders in combat

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Look at the size of her sword! Is that Final Fantasy or what?

Arghh!... those swords!... My eyes!... I've gone blind!...

The new Grey Warden...

final20fantasy20mega20h.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Won't magic even be more overpowered if the spells are cast as soon as you press the button? Doesn't matter if they tone down the damage, if you can just "spell trigger" fireballs, etc.

Well, there are still cooldowns, plus, now both the mage and the warrior are geared towards AoE damage.

Heck, warrior can't even use bows now.

No delay in casting is a very large advantage to the mage, at any rate.

In DA:O, the time it took to prepare a fireball usually meant the mooks already reached the party before you were ready. It's a very large advantage if you can immediately throw one at them... not to mention with the knock-down effect it should mean by the time the mooks are up again, you can launch another one.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Arghh!... those swords!... My eyes!... I've gone blind!...

how else do you expect the hero to fight so many enemies at once? :huh:

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

Won't magic even be more overpowered if the spells are cast as soon as you press the button? Doesn't matter if they tone down the damage, if you can just "spell trigger" fireballs, etc.

Considering that it wasn't exactly underpowered to begin with, this is a major fear I share with you.

I also agree with what most of you people are saying here, but I think it's more a testament of how leery I've been of the game that I'm now viewing it in a better light than I used to.

And is that sword really bigger than in DAO? I've been playing a 2-hander char lately, and those sticks seem to be pretty much in line with the one here.

And, I think this is from the 'overkill' intro they've been demoing... I guess it would be a nice touch if the sword was bigger in the embellished version :D (I wish...)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

One thing to consider.. if that's the "opening sequence" of the game, we've already been told it's the insane, over-the-top, hero-kills-with-a-touch ...before you get the flash to the storytellers arguing over how it really went.... and then it goes back to more "realistic" combat. Or at least, not so crazy-anime-uber-killer style.

Until there's more shown about both sides of the coin...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

One thing to consider.. if that's the "opening sequence" of the game, we've already been told it's the insane, over-the-top, hero-kills-with-a-touch ...before you get the flash to the storytellers arguing over how it really went.... and then it goes back to more "realistic" combat. Or at least, not so crazy-anime-uber-killer style.

Until there's more shown about both sides of the coin...

True, true, we still need more footage before we start worrying/stop worrying.