Dragon Age 2

CoM_Solaufein

Pretty much all the DLC so far except the day 1 DLC recycles areas.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm okay with it as long as it has an element of strategy woven into it. To be perfectly honest DA was a little "actiony".

They already said they are going to 'fix' the 'slow combat' so expect less tactics more action on this level.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I'm worried that they won't fix the real issues that the combat in Dragon Age : Origins had.

What do you mean? I disliked the skill allocation and that magic pwned all, but the combat was solid in Origins. Hated combat in Awakening.

Lack of balance, poor enemy placement, an added layer of fake difficulty derived by the fact that you have to spend skill points just to set your companion tactics decently, misleading ability descriptions. None of that is inherent in the system, so they should all be fixable (I think at least the tactics problem was fixed) but it looks like apparently Bioware is pooling its resources into making awesome things happen when you push your buttons. A commendable goal, but that's not what I care about Dragon Age.

Get the mod to give all your companions 25 tactic slots... makes the game FAR more enjoyable as you don't need to micromanage them every 5 sec and can spend points on real skills.

World of Darkness News

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

They get enough slots simply from levels that you don't need to get that anyway.

Edited by Tale

Get the mod to give all your companions 25 tactic slots... makes the game FAR more enjoyable as you don't need to micromanage them every 5 sec

wow, talk about different perspectives :lol: that's the only thing I enjoy in such games: micromanaging several characters in battle. I always turn off friendly AI in every game

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Get the mod to give all your companions 25 tactic slots... makes the game FAR more enjoyable as you don't need to micromanage them every 5 sec and can spend points on real skills.

The fact that it's fixed with a mod doesn't really change the fact that it's a flaw. Especially since the consoles don't get mod. And especially since we don't know if Dragon Age 2 will be moddable.

I'm hearing a rumor that Gaider said Qunari females won't be appearing in DA2. Anyone have confirmation? It's a minor note. I don't recall if Sten ever said anything about their position in Qunari society.

...and i hoped for a tender "death by snu snu"-moment. Bioware, i am dissapoint.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The fact that it's fixed with a mod doesn't really change the fact that it's a flaw. Especially since the consoles don't get mod. And especially since we don't know if Dragon Age 2 will be moddable.

I agree with your initial comment. Its a flaw, lack of foresight in the design process however there is a 'fix' hence my point. One does not have to suffer with it.

As for consoles, don't know and frankly couldn't care less. I am a PC gamer.

I find it hard to believe they will rewrite the code to remove the ease of its modding functionality. In this age of PC gaming moving away from that would be akin to shooting yourself in the foot.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

I'm hearing a rumor that Gaider said Qunari females won't be appearing in DA2. Anyone have confirmation? It's a minor note. I don't recall if Sten ever said anything about their position in Qunari society.

...and i hoped for a tender "death by snu snu"-moment. Bioware, i am dissapoint.

We all are, my friend. We all are.

There's always Dragon Age 3.

Edited by Tale

The question is whether Witch Hunt was planned from the very beginning (shoehorning the Dank Ritual as canon) or merely to appease the butthurt fanboys that couldn't get over being dumped by a virtual character (I wonder if the Viconia romance in ToB was also rebooted for the same reason). Instead, there should've been butthurt over the fact that when Morrigan leaves, one's character is frozen in a cutscene, somehow looking on while the vixen slowly walks away with a smug look on her face, without any opportunity to skewer her.

All of my characters are female, and all of them save one did the dark ritual to be able to continue snuggling with Leliana. But beyond that, why should they still give a hoot about Morrigan's shenanigans?

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The Dark Ritual is the largest hanging thread of Dragon Age.

The question is whether Witch Hunt was planned from the very beginning (shoehorning the Dank Ritual as canon) or merely to appease the butthurt fanboys that couldn't get over being dumped by a virtual character (I wonder if the Viconia romance in ToB was also rebooted for the same reason). Instead, there should've been butthurt over the fact that when Morrigan leaves, one's character is frozen in a cutscene, somehow looking on while the vixen slowly walks away with a smug look on her face, without any opportunity to skewer her.

All of my characters are female, and all of them save one did the dark ritual to be able to continue snuggling with Leliana. But beyond that, why should they still give a hoot about Morrigan's shenanigans?

wow.. bitter over others enjoyment much? lol

Jesting aside its human nature not to want to be left hanging, virtual world or otherwise. And as posted above this was a major thread of a major character and being as popular as she was this was a no brainer for a DLC or expansion. Clearly you didn't like the char and you are entitled to such, however you are in the minority on this level. Obviously a lot of people want this loose end tied up. Sorry if you can't grasp that fact or your opinion of her story is the loosing side of the debate ;)

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Sorry if you can't grasp that fact or your opinion of her story is the loosing side of the debate ;)

Wouldn't be a Harlequin post without an insult, eh?

Edited by Oner

Sorry if you can't grasp that fact or your opinion of her story is the loosing side of the debate :ermm:

Wouldn't be a Harlequin post without an insult, eh?

ahh so he can call people who like morrg 'butthurt fanboys' and thats ok.. but when I point out a obvious observation im being a big meanie... Nice double standard.

World of Darkness News

---

- Doreen Valiente

Did Sten have a manicure or something in DA1? I do not remember him having pointy talons on his fingers.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Sten also had dreadlocks instead of horns, and honestly he must have been the runt of the litter or something.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

The question is whether Witch Hunt was planned from the very beginning

Of course it was. Same with Mass Effect 2 (I can't go with you Shepard.. unless you buy the DLC). More cliffhangers and loose ends the main game have, the more options there's to milk customers for few extra dollars.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

The question is whether Witch Hunt was planned from the very beginning

Of course it was. Same with Mass Effect 2 (I can't go with you Shepard.. unless you buy the DLC). More cliffhangers and loose ends the main game have, the more options there's to milk customers for few extra dollars.

MMmmyeah.

I agree in that both games seem to have 1-2 pretty obvious DLC loose ends (Morrigan in DAO, Kaidan/Ashley and Liara in ME2), but I think you're being a bit uncharitable in your estimate.

All the three cases are outside the main focus of the game, classic extra content/expansion material. The two (well, three) ME1 characters are intentionally being kept out of the main ME2 game, so that they would be 'alive' for the sequel without needing to call for the 'obscure death rule'. I think that they've been pretty justified in the way they've handled the character based DLC so far.

It's obvious that when DA2 was fast-tracked, their plans for DAO DLC came apart pretty quickly. I don't think the current version is what they had in mind, originally...

In the case of the Lair, though, the content is awesomer than anything in the main game. So the extra time seems to have paid off. :ermm:

Now, when it comes to the weapon and armor packs, I agree with you, they're milking the customers for a few extra dollars. I can't bring myself to nerdrage over it, though. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif