RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

yeah, I know, I was just screwing around :sorcerer: I agree with you, the cube and the "cake is a lie" grew way out of proportion, I knew about it long before I played Portal for the first time

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

OH. GOD. YESSSSSSSSSS.

**** YOU STUPID OVERRATED MEMES. **** YOU!

don't you like cakes?
don't you like cakes?

You see what's the problem with memes in general? They start funny, most are not really so funny but they are KIND OF funny, then people start repeating them ad nauseam until they repulse me.

yeah, I know, I was just screwing around :down: I agree with you, the cube and the "cake is a lie" grew way out of proportion, I knew about it long before I played Portal for the first time
Leave the Companion Cube out of this, it's not a meme and never has been.

And no one cared about the trailer.

Wtf... It was so pretty...

Gyah, that close up on his face is disconcerting.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why does a meme have to be funny to be relevant? It's culture. Do Christmas trees have to make you laugh? What about presents being wrapped with ribbons? Is the only valid culture the culture you grew up with?

While "the cake is a lie" is a phrase that struggles to find relevance, objects such as the companion cube can be simple icons.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

A whole bunch of developers are still using command line-based editors AFAIK.

Who are these people?

Work with the UnrealEd and then try Hammer - there are world inbetween.

Not saying that Hammer is bad per se, but Unreal is more flexible and has the better art pipeline. With Source, you still have to create script files to use basic shader information. With UnrealEd, you can create materials/Shaders on-the-fly with a great UI.

But hey, the end result really matters.

I think the devs should have demonstrated its ability to do more than just palm trees and water. Then it might have caught someone's attention.

Man, I'm feeling obnoxious today. Ignore me.

Edited by Tale

A whole bunch of developers are still using command line-based editors AFAIK.

Who are these people?

Well, Telltale for one.

That sneaky Telltale Tool, eh? I always knew there was something up with that.

Ever since that Telltale employee made me this avatar. I could just smell the command lines on it.

Edited by Tale