RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

I don't think so, I mean, it was a dark stormy night (and I thought the rain/thunder stuff was brilliant, even though it will immediately make 90% of the World's PCs explode). Hard to say what battlefield sizes will be, but as TW series has gone on I find it doesn't really matter that much in the end, because the AI won't really use the space anyway. It's better than MTW2 where you ahd to chase freaking horse archers for 70 hours.

I boycotted Empires et. al because of the Steam issue, I now have Steam but never use it.

I wonder if they need to make the Total War series... smaller. At campaign level rather than strategic. It would certainly make it easier to create credible AI.

sonsofgygax.JPG

finally, a full release with all DLCs in one package. I wonder how much cheaper it's gonna be compared to buying all the DLCs separately

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Ooh, I may hold off on Mass Effect 2 DLC since they might repeat that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

It's tied to the cd-key, no?

No. It's tied to the EA/Bioware Social account.

Only in the sense that you and I are tied together, since we're both tied to this forum.

No, but I'm sure that any particular admin does have a single username/password and can manage the both of us.

I boycotted Empires et. al because of the Steam issue, I now have Steam but never use it.

I wonder if they need to make the Total War series... smaller. At campaign level rather than strategic. It would certainly make it easier to create credible AI.

Napoleon solved a lot of the screw ups in empires (as in, made something other than line infantry actually worth it, and more than just three battle maps). And its campaign sizes were smaller so you didn't have to deal with swarming over the map and microing 18 different relationships.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Was that the "big" SE surprise?

hey, surprisingly, it's a turn-based MMORPG ;) I actually enjoyed Atlantica Online (think Disciples, same combat system), the graphics in this Wakfu don't appeal to me. then again, it kinda reminds me of Final Fantasy Tactics, which is a good sign.

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.