RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!, just a dumping ground

hmmm, I want a new Syndicate game so bad I don't mind. but maybe they'll make it an action-rpg further down the road

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

New Syndicate. FPS. Deal with it.

Then it's not really Syndicate is it? It's a FPS based on Syndicate. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, the sky won't fall in, but there's nothing wrong with veracity.

You can call vodka and pineapple juice a bloody mary all day, but it doesn't make it so.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Then it's not really Syndicate is it? It's a FPS based on Syndicate. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, the sky won't fall in, but there's nothing wrong with veracity.

You can call vodka and pineapple juice a bloody mary all day, but it doesn't make it so.

I agree. Still happening mind.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Will they keep the company management and research? If so, it can be an fps for me and it could still be great. Just stay away from the religious nuts from Syndicate Wars. I always hated them.

Tactical combat play a la ghost recon would also be nice, but the research stuff is more important.

Damn, you're so hardcore.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Damn, you're so hardcore.

I shared some info.

I have nothing to do with the project.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

http://kotaku.com/5624390/supreme-court-he...game-case-nov-2

On Nov 2 the Supreme Court will be hearing a case that, should california win, will end up with stupid amounts of ability for censorship of games and tv.

Arnie 'The Terminator' is involved in censoring violent entertainment content. And they say irony is dead.

sonsofgygax.JPG

http://kotaku.com/5624390/supreme-court-he...game-case-nov-2

On Nov 2 the Supreme Court will be hearing a case that, should california win, will end up with stupid amounts of ability for censorship of games and tv.

Arnie 'The Terminator' is involved in censoring violent entertainment content. And they say irony is dead.

I disapprove on sensorship, but approve on limiting minors' access to violent material. And yeah, you can have it that way, too. Unless it results in industry self-censorship to maximise profits (PG-13, anyone?)

It would definitely make the bioware boards a lot more fun to visit, if all the <17 kids were gone. o:)

Also agree with the argument that there is a double standard in the US re sexual/violent imagery.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Also there may be a half life movie But valve will only do it themselves rather than allow some production company to make a mockery of it. In fact the "Meet the Team "shorts that they're doing are sort of prototypes to see if they can

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

It'd be interesting to see the ripple effect through the industry if Cali wins.

What's the industry worried about? That kids won't be able to buy games the industry itself (dishonestly) says they shouldn't play?

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

It'd be interesting to see the ripple effect through the industry if Cali wins.

What's the industry worried about? That kids won't be able to buy games the industry itself (dishonestly) says they shouldn't play?

It's not just the games industry, but entertainment in general given that they are bringing in TV as a demonstration of double standard between violence and sex.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I refuse to deal with it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Square Enix US announcing a new title this week (Hopefully this will not be a game like Gun Loco)

Hmh, weren't there also rumours about Obsidian revealing their 3rd project this week at PAX?

I hope you don't mean my post about Jason Bergman's twit. I was just speculating (and I will admit frankly, 90% of that speculation is pretty much wishful thinking) that it could be an Obsidian's project, since Jason Bergman has a close relationship with Obsidian, you know, working as a senior producer on New Vegas. Also, I'm pretty sure he wasn't supposed to tell that since the twit disappeared after a little bit.

I hope you don't mean my post about Jason Bergman's twit. I was just speculating (and I will admit frankly, 90% of that speculation is pretty much wishful thinking) that it could be an Obsidian's project, since Jason Bergman has a close relationship with Obsidian, you know, working as a senior producer on New Vegas. Also, I'm pretty sure he wasn't supposed to tell that since the twit disappeared after a little bit.

Yup, I meant that post :(

Hate the living, love the dead.