Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Hi guys,

To clarify this once and for all:

All of the new music in Fallout: New Vegas is by Inon Zur, however we do use some of Mark Morgan's tracks from Fallout 1 & 2. They're mixed in with the Inon music in places (so are sound effects from Fallout 1 & 2) and the actual tracks themselves will play in specific locations. We use some of Inon's music from Fallout 3 as well. There's a ton of music in this game.

So that journalist had a remarkably good ear to catch the snippits he heard!

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topi...;#entry16300070

Edith: :*

Edited by Bendu

I know Vegas was supposed to have been relatively untouched by the nukes, but I have to agree that the strip looks a whole lot more bland without potholes with grass springing out of them, a thick layer of rubbish and rats scurrying around. The strip is too clean.

Heh, dont you remember all the rending of cloth and knashing of teeth because the people in the Capital Wasteland hadnt cleaned up in 200 years? The circle is now complete.

I know Vegas was supposed to have been relatively untouched by the nukes, but I have to agree that the strip looks a whole lot more bland without potholes with grass springing out of them, a thick layer of rubbish and rats scurrying around. The strip is too clean.

It intentionally contrasts Freeside, which is extremely run down.

To start from another place:

There's two Danish indie games out right now, Max & the Magic Marker and Limbo. And especially Limbo has risen to great reviews. And it only is about 20 US dollars or so, via digital distribution. If it had come out packaged and retail, it would have had to be sold for maybe at least 80-100 US dollars. Not so today. People today can create very interesting games with only 5-6 or

8-10 people. And be profitable....

It is the same way with DLC....a small team of 6-12 people can create these dlcs and make sure that the company makes money...possibly even to keep the company from closing....

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

whoa whoa whoa whoa.

hang on.

did I read that right?

They are using some of the Mark Morgan tracks from fallout 1 and 2 in the game?

THAT IS GOOD AWESOME NEWS. I LOVE the old tracks. LOVE THEM. The music in fallout 3 was ok, but the old music is super nostalgic for me so I am very very happy they are being reused, even if its in a smallish capacity.

also: DLC's sound like an ok idea, so long as they are good. I dont mind buying a pack of lengthy and involved quests and new areas to explore for an extra 10$

the pitt and the hillbilly dlc were both good. the others I skipped cause i heard they was doodoo.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It is the same way with DLC....a small team of 6-12 people can create these dlcs and make sure that the company makes money...possibly even to keep the company from closing....

Yeah.. and the publishers are providing these games out of the goodness of their hearts. Don't be naive.

Or maybe they make a game, cut out a piece from it and sell it later to increase the revenue stream. Some 'DLC' is already on the retail game disc and the only code people are downloading is an unlock to be able to use that piece of software that was locked from them on the disc they already bought. Happens all the time.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Can't wait for this game... while I liked FO3 clearly wasn't the same writing team of the first 2. They didn't hit the nail on the head when it came to the dark humor and the related writing style of the first 2. A for effort but about a C+ (B in some areas) on execution. None the less looking forward to what JE and the team can do at the helm of the writing.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

KidvanPervert: @ChrisAvellone Okay, real talk, who is your current favorite F:NV companion

ChrisAvellone: @KidvanPervert Can't do spoilers, each of them is cool in their own way, and some are really hard to get.

KidvanPervert: @ChrisAvellone Hard to get as in hard to really understand, or hard to get as in hard to acquire as a companion?

ChrisAvellone: @KidvanPervert Challenging - and hard to understand, literally.

Battery confirmed for NV!?!?!~

Did some preview already talked about the "Mojave Express Boxes"? You can place items in these and pick them up from any other of these boxes. I didn't heard about it yet, but german 4Players writes in their preview about it.

From No Mutants Allowed's forum.

I honestly find this to be a pretty stupid addition, considering the Hardcore Mode.

Just had a look at the CE and, for once, it's a CE worth forking out the extra money for. Especially the graphic novel.

I'm quite looking forward to this one, along with DS3 Obs are back in the saddle as far as I'm concerned.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Games Master magazine preview

At this early stage, the Nevada wastelands don't seem massively different to those of Washington, but we don't have much time for sightseeing; after successfully dealing with a couple of stray gangbangers we finally level up and get a taste of the new perks, and a step closer to the level 30 cap. A quick peruse (we're being watched and timed, don't forget) unearths some intriguing new perks, such as Confirmed Bachelor (effectively, the male equivalent of the Lady Killer perk), Run and Gun, Ferocious Loyalty (more defensive companions) and a host of new hand-to-hand perks including the rather temptingly-named Super Slam.

GameOn gamescom preview

Edited by funcroc

Before we leave, the Doc gives us a personality quiz and ink blot test. This is a nifty way of working out what special trait skills you can equip. Although they're basically another form of perks, these character qualities (strength, charisma and so on - a returning feature from Fallouts 1 and 2) are with you from day one.

Oblivion Entertainment

Ladies and gentlemen, gaming journalism.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0