Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

I also find it funny how some of the fans think THEY know what fallout 'is' vs. the ORIGINAL DESIGNERS. I mean.. really? How arrogant and self important can you be? From some of the posts here and elsewhere apparently quite a bit. IMO if OE/BIS says 'this is what fallout is' then thats it. I am entitled to my opinion but in the end the designers view is law. End of discussion. I am not even going to pretend to know better then them.

I kinda don't want to bring up yet another discussion about this but it is fairly clear and laid out on the interwebz what the original designers (as in the people who did Fallout 1) wanted to accomplish with the game. Furthermore, as wonderful as it is to point out NMA as the cancer of the universe, you're bound to find the same type of arguments (generally speaking) within any fan-community. Hell, as I understand it there are people complaining about how DS3 is breaking the Dungeon Siege tradition. Completely unfathomable to me personally as I think the two first games (based on what little I've played) were bad and boring, but there you are.

I agree with the people who say that the 50s thing is taken a bit far. Something I liked about Fallout 1 was that you could still take it pretty seriously as a post-apoc game, even though there was obviously humor in it. But I think as the series goes on, the 50s schtick is so prevalent that it almost feels like the game is poking fun at itself a lot of the time. There's a lot of stuff I really look forward to in New Vegas, namely how roleplaying seems to very improved, especially with the factions and the player's role in them... But a lot of stuff, like the gang of Elvis impersonators for example, doesn't strike me as particularly Fallout (if I may *dare* to even suggest that) and downright strange all together.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Hell, as I understand it there are people complaining about how DS3 is breaking the Dungeon Siege tradition. Completely unfathomable to me personally as I think the two first games (based on what little I've played) were bad and boring, but there you are.

How can you not fathom it? Hypothetically speaking, if a tradition is established of bad and boring and a new installment comes out that is good and exciting, would it not be breaking with the tradition?

I'm not making any judgements on dungeon siege here, just hypothetical.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

As I can see, this thread is at a point, where whole NMA is the devil again.

This isn't even worth talking about, as it's plain bull****.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Umm, never played Fallout 3. I'll just go back to my cave and lurk...

Edit: As somebody was in the middle of saying when I slammed the door shut on the old thread:

The music was one of the few things about Arcanum that I really enjoyed.

I did hear some of what I suspect was a solo violin playing minor-key stuff. Some solo fiddle would fit in with the "western" angle they're going for in New Vegas, but I wouldn't say the same about the string quartet chamber music that was featured in Arcanum. That said, the two would sound pretty much the same if you can only hear the lead voicing, and it's tough to hear much more than that on such a poor-quality recording.

You didn t missed much...fallout 3 plot is a recycled mess of the other fallouts.Hope this time the ending of fallout New vegas uses logic.;)

I'll be upset if I can't do this, at least in spirit, in New Vegas

Vic was 75 feet tall, had one moveable arm with a glowing cigarette in one hand and the other arm moved back and forth. He had a voice box that proclaimed "Howdy Podner" every 15 minutes. Vic stopped talking in 1966 when Lee Marvin and Woody Strode, tired after a day of working on location in the Valley of Fire for the film "The Professionals", were kept awake by Vic's friendly greeting. Taking a couple of bows and arrows from the prop department, one night they commenced shooting at Vic from their hotel rooms across the street at the Mint Hotel. City Fathers decided that perhaps it was best if Vic stopped talking.

vegasvic.jpg

Vegas Vic on left. Mushroom cloud in middle.

IGN PAX gameplay videos (off-screen)

Oh wow, that ironsight... that's just terrible, Obsidian. Ironsights shouldn't block out your view so much.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

IGN PAX gameplay videos (off-screen)

Oh wow, that ironsight... that's just terrible, Obsidian. Ironsights shouldn't block out your view so much.

That's... more the weapon used. Ironsights look fine as shown in other trailers.

Edited by C2B

Please don't troll other forums/forumites here, it's equivalent to trolling people here.

I see.. so one can praise NMA but can't criticize it. Nice.

If you can't read between the lines.. if you are not going to allow one you shouldn't the other end of the spectrum either. Seems your just being a biased mod if that was your intent or not by only leaving the 'nma is good' posts.

Also I should add I was not 'trolling' I would ask you research the term as it does not apply to my posts. Trolling <> I disagree with your view FYI

Edited by TheHarlequin

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

We can discuss this on PM. :sorcerer:

As for the vid, I wouldn't know about real guns, but man, I wouldn't ever use that particular ironsight... makes it harder to aim.

Definitely like how there's more vegetation around.

I don't mind the ironsight blocking out the view so much. Like C2B said, it depends on the weapon and we've seen other examples where it doesn't block out.

Two things though. Am I the only one who thinks the animations for that rifle looks a bit strange? The shooting in particular, the recoil looks a bit weird... Also, I really hate it when enemies flail around like that when they die. It looks completely ridiculous.

One the plus-side, framerate is looking very solid on there. Looking quite smooth overall.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

If a game looks like a FPS then folks are going to compare it to a FPS. That's just the way it is, personally I couldn't care less, it looks fine to me.

As for the iron sights, sure that looked horrible but then again it was a horrible rifle. I'd rather fight with a broken nuka-cola bottle than a rifle that freaking ugly. OTOH some of the OTT hi-tech weapons look like more fun than a sack of mutated kittens.

sonsofgygax.JPG