Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Bleh, most of 'em are down already. Looks like ZeniMax is busy reporting videos to YouTube.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

:skeptical:

I like the name of the website :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

There are some pieces of the intro shown in the above link for those concerned about... well, not wanting to see that.

The footage looks pretty good. It obviously looks close to Fallout 3 but I think it feels smoother, and it just looks a bit better. The visual direction makes for a much better-looking game from what we've seen so far.

But jeez... That preview sure was excited about killing things.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Downloading this too. It's always nice to see that the first thing random players do it's attack non-hostile NPCs. :p

Maybe they wanted to check whether there were any "essential" NPCs around.

Is it possible to break the main quest in the game?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

But how would we know where the objectives are?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think I've seen a supermutant with an eyepatch in that video. So it looks like Supermutants don't use all the exact same model.

EDIT : Also, apparently, perception affects the 'Compass range'.

I am sure they are using the same assets in FO3 plus new/modified. Great thing about a sequel or semi-sequel like FONV is they have all the original assets plus new zots to spend on fresh ones. So in game you got a better variety of art then the initial game. As they needed to spend so many zots just building the engine and related parts of the first game variety generally gets pushed to the back burner.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Downloading this too. It's always nice to see that the first thing random players do it's attack non-hostile NPCs. :ermm:

I find that hard to accept they would allow that. I am sure the core NPCs for the main story line are flagged as invulnerable or at the very least their stats are so god like killing them would be near impossible even with the best equipment. Thats pretty standard in most CRPGs. You can frak up side quest NPCs im sure however

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

Downloading this too. It's always nice to see that the first thing random players do it's attack non-hostile NPCs. :ermm:

I find that hard to accept they would allow that. I am sure the core NPCs for the main story line are flagged as invulnerable or at the very least their stats are so god like killing them would be near impossible even with the best equipment. Thats pretty standard in most CRPGs. You can frak up side quest NPCs im sure however

There's only 1 unkillable NPC in the game excluding children actually and they've confirmed that months ago.