StarCraft 2

Serrano

Ah, I chose to go with Warfield, so yeah. Nydus Worms aren't a threat, they die to Banshee fire like crazy before they unload. I have a much bigger problem with the huge range of broodlords.

I also didn't see any Lurkers, which I was hoping for. :lol:

Edited by TrueNeutral

Ah, I chose to go with Warfield, so yeah. Nydus Worms aren't a threat, they die to Banshee fire like crazy before they unload. I have a much bigger problem with the huge range of broodlords.

I also didn't see any Lurkers, which I was hoping for. :lol:

I went for the Nydus Worms because they have a habit of popping up where you least expect them. The air units on the other hand can't just teleport into your base and the AI isn't smart enough to fly them past your outer defences. As long as you pay a little attention and have a small force of vikings on hand, you can beat back the broodlords before they manage to do much damage.

Also I liked Tychus mission more than Warfield's. :)

Chose Warfield because I'm afraid of Brood Lords.

The final mission is fantastic. I got utterly destroyed last time I tried. I steamrolled through most of the campaign and I can't beat this mission. I love it.

I'm annoyed that

Yamato gun of about 8 battlecruisers on her doesn't do the job, apparently I must activate the artifact when she comes.

I'll try it again and go to bed.

Managed to finish the final mission this time.

I find the idea of restoring Kerrigan one of the lamest things ever. I was so hoping the artifact would fail and they'd be trapped in Char or something.

Oh well. I guess it's necessary for the next campaign... sigh.

Edited by taviow

One thing though, I thought I was playing 40K.

No, no, no. In the grim future of the 41st millenium there is only war. In StarCraft there is war, beer and country & western music. Obviously the latter makes the StarCraft universe a much worse place to inhabit.

The final mission is fantastic. I got utterly destroyed last time I tried. I steamrolled through most of the campaign and I can't beat this mission. I love it.

I'm annoyed that

Yamato gun of about 8 battlecruisers on her doesn't do the job, apparently I must activate the artifact when she comes.

The secret to that problem is cheap unit spam.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Everyone is massive? just who counts as everyone?

All the manly hero types.

Just finished the game and I thought it was good with a few minor complaints other than how "Gears of Warsy" everyone is.(which I'm pretty sure they weren't as close to that huge in the first game) The accents started to wear on me after a while and I didn't like the one new unit each mission system and even that wasn't too bad.

Free games updated 3/4/21

I'm annoyed that

I've found that if you make enough M&Ms (Marines & Medics) you can do anything.

I'm annoyed that

I've found that if you make enough M&Ms (Marines & Medics) you can do anything.

Although the campaign is a tease and most of the "legacy" units are fake outs only for the campaign.

Yes. I have to say that I am extremely happy that medics are not in multiplayer, because I play Zerg and M&M is a nightmare to deal with. Ha!

Actually, the next generation of M&M&M (Marines Marauders Medivacs) is even more annoying but harder for Terrans to get to.

well it's not just medics that show up to play teases, but vultures, wraiths, firebats and science vessels all appear and say "HA! We got updated for SC2 but you can't play us!"

I think it's because of Blizzard's forced dichotomy between Single and Multiplayer. They did the same thing to WarCraft III, but there is was even worse (to the point that it often felt like two completely seperate games).

I get that it allows them to play around with the single player without completely unbalancing the multiplayer, but it just takes away the whole "play single to learn the tech proper for multi" aspect that their early RTS titles did so well.

I think it's because of Blizzard's forced dichotomy between Single and Multiplayer. They did the same thing to WarCraft III, but there is was even worse (to the point that it often felt like two completely seperate games).

I get that it allows them to play around with the single player without completely unbalancing the multiplayer, but it just takes away the whole "play single to learn the tech proper for multi" aspect that their early RTS titles did so well.

Pretty much. I felt like I was going to ROCK multi because I could zip around with medics (I'd played tiny bits of the beta) but medics didn't exist, or vultures.

Hell, it kinda feels like the Single Player only units were put in there to give each mission an unlock.

I'm halfway (just did the

Protoss

missions) and so far the story doesn't look that special.

omg ancient evil returning, and the key to victory is a lesser evil, yawn, hasn't Blizzard told this story a few times already?

Then again, I'm only halfway.

The story isn't anything special. The story wasn't anything special in SC1 either. The story isn't anything special in 99% of all video-games. I'm not sure where people got so hung up on the Starcraft story. It's already happened 3 times that I've told people that I really liked the game and the first response they had was "oh yeah, I watched the cutscenes on youtube and the story sucks!".

I think it's good fun to follow, just like the story of the first game. Not much more than that.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Zerg looks like they're getting the Horde treatment, loved the Overmind's courage line too, heh. I guess people accepted the split up into three games on the basis the SP story would be worth the effort and it's just disappointment. I'm guessing we find out Duran is behind everything.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The story isn't anything special. The story wasn't anything special in SC1 either. The story isn't anything special in 99% of all video-games. I'm not sure where people got so hung up on the Starcraft story.

People were never really hung up on starcraft story but on the way it was told. Script filled dynamically changing maps directly involving storyline heroes were a novelty at the time.

High quality cutscenes didn

So, how's the modding community looking? Any decent maps yet, or only DotA 2.0 or some similar generic ****?

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies