Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

oh sorry i didnt realize that you knew what all the silent fans were thinking
Good thing you do, amirite? o:)

i was "imagining" it...

but fair enough, you got me.... :yucky:

sneaky bastard

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

-fall damage ability to trip/push someone with a high unarmed/stealth skill.
Yes. YES. It was awesome fun to kick reborn in the face and send them plumetting to their death in JK2... a Q3A-powered game from 2002. It's ridiculous that this isn't a viable strategy in action games anymore.

In some games (like RtCW) at least you could kick doors open, or something...

Don't have 75 Lockpick skill? No worries! Got 7 STR and/or 60 Unarmed skill? Kick it open!

Oh, is that a safe and not a door? Fear not! If you have 40 Explosives skill, you can set a basic mechanism to blast open those small safes!

Both at the cost of exposing yourself to nearby bad (or good) guys, of course.

Now that would be sweet.*

*Results may vary.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

-fall damage ability to trip/push someone with a high unarmed/stealth skill.
Yes. YES. It was awesome fun to kick reborn in the face and send them plumetting to their death in JK2... a Q3A-powered game from 2002. It's ridiculous that this isn't a viable strategy in action games anymore.

Obsidz is purportedly filling that need in Alpha Protocol.

oh man, can you imagine the fallout 3 fan reaction to the return of critical failures on attacks....

it would be awesome.

"what do you MEAN i just lost all my ammo.... how the hell does that even happen!!!1!!"

"how did i just HIT MYSELF with my sledgehammer?!?!?"

i love critical failures/misses etc, but imo they really only belong in turn based games. so if fallout is ever allowed a proper sequel then im sure critical misses would return

That reminds me of something I read on a preview of Bloodlines, it went something like "At the table with dice, if you roll all ones for a rifle attack, nobody says the game is broken-you rolled the dice and blew it, the gun blows up in your face, everybody laughs at you, and thats the end of that....You try to pull that off in the computer and people are like... It's broken!"

(PS3 Limit Again)

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

That reminds me of of an interview one of the New Vegas Developers had with a french magazine where he kept talking about sex when they asked him a question about sex and violence in videogames; I hope he will find this from the same magazine helpfull in an interview someday:

"...The humas breast was designed by God for only one purpose: to feed a human infant.So, by design, God intended every living human being to know exactly what a breast looks, feels, smells, and tastes like. To be offended at the site of a woman's breasts goes against the will of God , and is therefore blasphemous.

Furthermore, to be ashamed of the human breast is to be ashamed of one's own mother and what she sacrificed for the well being of her child.

this is a transgression of God's fifth commandment: "thou shalt honor thy father and mother."

Be not ashemed of the breast for it is the fountain of life, which nourishes the human race.

Sincerely,

MeLIkesTheBoobies."

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

I thought the critical failures in Arcanum, where a low level/high strength character could actually kill themselves on a critical failure melee attack, were pretty cool.

Nothing more ignominous than getting game over cause you chunked your player character with a bad punch at a wolf.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Oh god I hope that means another VA company than in F3.

EDIT: Oh god I hope that doesn't mean that they got Russel Crowe to do VO for an important character and then 5 voiceactors for the rest of the voiceacting.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Oh god I hope that means another VA company than in F3.

EDIT: Oh god I hope that doesn't mean that they got Russel Crowe to do VO for an important character and then 5 voiceactors for the rest of the voiceacting.

If they bring back the woman who did VO for Moira (or whatever that annoying woman in Megaton was called) I might just go deaf and after that I'm not responsible for anything I might do! :bat:

Hate the living, love the dead.

I demand Wes Johnson & Craig Sechler in the game. They're better voice talents than any schmuck that ever appeared in a BioWare game (Templeman not included).
What about poor Tim Curry? His voice was the most wasted one. :bat:

And Jim Cummings and Steve Blum, and Chris Edgerly and and...

Hey, Mark Meer was in Dragon Age, hehe.

I demand Wes Johnson & Craig Sechler in the game. They're better voice talents than any schmuck that ever appeared in a BioWare game (Templeman not included).

I agree Wes Johnson is fab. What npcs did Craig Sechler do?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

go larping!

A whole 5-10 fans of fo3 just made their O-face.

I might have been one of them.

But for all of us, there will come a point where it does matter, and it's gonna be like having a miniature suit-head shoving sticks up your butt all the time. - Tigranes

Hey, Mark Meer was in Dragon Age, hehe.

I finished BG2 recently, and I did recognize his voice in the epilogue... :(

I agree Wes Johnson is fab. What npcs did Craig Sechler do?

Butch DeLoria / Harkness / Billy Creel / Crazy Wolfgang / Sticky / Andy Stahl / Sergeant Bejamin Montgomery (Operation Anchorage) / Male Talon Company merceneries (voice)

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Just read russian mag PC Igry.

Looks like there is a new skill - Survival. It changes how much health you recover from eating and drinking and allows you to cook on a campfire.

go larping!

Interesting, though, if that's really everything it does I doubt I'll tag it.

Anything else in the new preview?

If it so happens that stimpaks are not the most common "fruit" in the Mojave and if cooking gives a substantial bonus to the healing effect of food it just might be a worthwhile (and probably quite interesting) feature to invest in.

Edited by Undecaf

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Looks like there is a new skill - Survival. It changes how much health you recover from eating and drinking and allows you to cook on a campfire.

go larping!

not really, they mentioned that the animations are ugly and that geckos run like penguins, and are easy to kill(although, they did note that those are basic geckos)

Butch DeLoria / Harkness / Billy Creel / Crazy Wolfgang / Sticky / Andy Stahl / Sergeant Bejamin Montgomery (Operation Anchorage) / Male Talon Company merceneries (voice)

Interesting. Some of those I think are good; some not so much.

I guess that's what happens when a publisher makes a voice actor do a bazillion different npcs in the same game.

Bethie really needs to spring for at least a few more voice actors, just to reduce the repitition a bit. Even just a half dozen more for less important parts would make a big difference.

go larping!

not really, they mentioned that the animations are ugly and that geckos run like penguins, and are easy to kill(although, they did note that those are basic geckos)

q

Any new screenie then?

go larping!

q

Any new screenie then?

Nope