Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Speaking only for myself: generic, in this case, refers to the fact that the figure could be placed on boxes for other games, without any significance or loss of significance. It's simply a "guy with a gun" much like a generic roll of toiler paper is "a roll of toilet paper".

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Looks like a Death Korps of Krieg troop. Cover art, feh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I don't know, the whole '_______ don't fit Fallout' debacle I've read on NMA and DAC seemed pretty stupid to me.

fixed

HA! Good Fun!

Now that I think about it, it is "good fun". :*

FO Power Armor is unique to the setting, they don't want that either. :)

I don't want it as well, simply because it's a bit overused as FO cover. Much like The BoS is overused in FO3 and now will make only a small appearence (if at all) in NV. Like I said, it's just a fresh breath of air imo, I don't have a problem with Power Armor (except that the overall design of it could use a little work). :lol:

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Twinkie finds a cloud in every silver lining. :*

*shrugs*

keeps me from being completely disappointed with everything. everything is usually disappointing to at least some degree if you have high and/or unrealistic expectations.

But still, "No Power Armor" is a fresh breath of air for the "face" of this new game.

i'll agree with that. i just wish the gas mask looked less next-gen-y and more Fallout-y.

Not to mention that these "generic" things are ..you know, common sense? Like wearing a gas mask in an irradiated wasteland, not to mention being in a warzone? Or, you know.. having a face?(AP)

and glowing red eyes, amirite?

Speaking only for myself: generic, in this case, refers to the fact that the figure could be placed on boxes for other games, without any significance or loss of significance. It's simply a "guy with a gun" much like a generic roll of toiler paper is "a roll of toilet paper".

yep. :lol:

Not to mention that these "generic" things are ..you know, common sense? Like wearing a gas mask in an irradiated wasteland, not to mention being in a warzone? Or, you know.. having a face?(AP)

and glowing red eyes, amirite?

care-o-meter.jpg:lol: Edited by Oner

Where do I get one of those?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

On the flip-side though, speaking of generic box art, the original box art for PS:T was far from generic yet has recieved considerable blame over the years for negatively affecting the sales numbers of the game.

So maybe, the generic and safe route is best.

I have no problem with the FO:NV Boxart.

It is to my mind thematically similar to other Fallout covers, Which have been, from memory:

• close up of a dude with a ruined city behind him
  • close up of a dude with a purple mist behind him
  • close up of a dude with a red wave and some character art behind him
  • mid-range shot of a dude and a dudette with a ruined city behind them
  • close up of a dude with a stone wall behind him
    Plus the expansions
    1. mid-range shot of a dude with a snowy bunker behind him
    2. back view of a guy with an axe walking up to a shack
    3. shot of a planet with words over it
    4. mid-range shot of a dude with a gun with a stone wall behind him
    5. mid-range shot of a dude with a nuclear explosion behind him

So yeah "mid-range shot of a dude with a gun with a ruined city behind him" seems to be more of the same, really.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I may not be a fan of it, but it's not what I consider a big deal. And if it helps sell a few more copies, then I'm all for it.

Maybe a buxom broad should be on there as well, now that I think about it.

I may not be a fan of it, but it's not what I consider a big deal. And if it helps sell a few more copies, then I'm all for it.

Maybe a buxom broad should be on there as well, now that I think about it.

maybe a 50' tall buxom woman would satisfy the purists... but then you would be adding humor, and we all know that fo ain't 'posed to be funny.

HA! Good Fun!

ps is we really debating box-art? Box-art? why not title as well?

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Fallout - Alea Iacta Est

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

see, was that really so hard? now it really does almost feels like we is at nma, dac or codex. 'course the obsidian language filter still musses up the replication to some degree.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

It's always better doing it cross-site.

Jokes aside, the Bethesda Q&A is quickly turning into an 'ask-questions-about-things-we-knew-about-before'.

Meh.

Things like 'What's the size of New Vegas?' when pretty much every preview mentioned 'same size as FO3'.

I really hope they don't choose the easy way out and actually answer questions about the mechanics and the lore.

On a secound thought, if I had to choose between the two I'd choose the questions about the mechanics, the lore can wait until I play the game.

Jokes aside, the Bethesda Q&A is quickly turning into an 'ask-questions-about-things-we-knew-about-before'.

Can we haz vehicals?

I can understand why they post questions about things answered by articles (not everyone buys mags or reads scans), but do they really need to ask about things we know since the teaser trailer was revelead? GEEZ.