Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

I would say it's typical of the Beth forums. WHich isn't a flame, just an observation on how they prefer their posting activity to be.

It's also why I rarely go there. Again, no flame or anything, just an observation. They make their choices and its their right to do so.

I can quite agree that probably the matter has been discussed or will be discussed by Bethesda & Obsidian but it still seemed strange to me, since I don't believe posting things like that was against the rules of the forum. Then again, box art or not, there will still be a lot of people that will give credit for the game to Bethesda, so I don't care that much.

I've had an account there for years and I don't think it has a single post.

And the account I had before that, which got booted in the pre-Oblivion board redo, probably had about 5 posts. And those were the good days.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I would say it's typical of the Beth forums. WHich isn't a flame, just an observation on how they prefer their posting activity to be.

It's also why I rarely go there. Again, no flame or anything, just an observation. They make their choices and its their right to do so.

I can quite agree that probably the matter has been discussed or will be discussed by Bethesda & Obsidian but it still seemed strange to me, since I don't believe posting things like that was against the rules of the forum. Then again, box art or not, there will still be a lot of people that will give credit for the game to Bethesda, so I don't care that much.

The timing of it may be a bit inconvenient, because there was a ton of verbal diarrhea going around with Infinity Ward not having Activision logo in the right places.

Here's the KOTOR 2 boxart (in the Rating Pending stage too)

box_pc.jpg

edit: holy crap! i just realized that i love this box art IF THEY TAKE THAT GUY OFF IT. seriously, the rest of the art looks awesome with that hellish vegas in the background, the foreground is just RUINED by the figure who looks photoshopped into it

I can definitely agree with that. Lose the guy and it would be pretty awesome with just the Vegas strip in the distance and the great logo.

I see that as well. I guess that guy is bit too generic, maybe?

Killzone called, they want their soldier back :(

edit: holy crap! i just realized that i love this box art IF THEY TAKE THAT GUY OFF IT. seriously, the rest of the art looks awesome with that hellish vegas in the background, the foreground is just RUINED by the figure who looks photoshopped into it

I can definitely agree with that. Lose the guy and it would be pretty awesome with just the Vegas strip in the distance and the great logo.

Oh please, not again. Combat helmet + gas mask is not THAT uncommon.

Oh please, not again. Combat helmet + gas mask is not THAT uncommon.

That is really the point, it is generic, as Slowtrain said.

The gas mask/glowing eyes guy is a bit overdone lately but he showed up months ago now; and we can see he's going to be all over the merchandise so I'm thinking we will just have to live with it...hopefully scat munching teenagers will think it looks cool and buy it, which means more cash and more Obsidian games.

I really can't find much to dislike about the actual game features I've read about so far, my main concern (and it may seem tiny) is the that the Oblivion engine uses a nonstandard refresh rate; which is why even if you have the beastliest computer in the world you won't ever get a smooth vsync'd framerate. A guy called Skyranger over on the Bethesda forums has made a Fallout/Oblivion script extender mod which forces the game into whatever refresh rate you like and he'll probably do the same for New Vegas so maybe I'm worrying over nothing but it'd be nice if they've sorted that one.

I hate stuttering framerates. :sorcerer:

Twinkie finds a cloud in every silver lining. :sorcerer:

They're certainly doing good marketing getting out an awesome CE months before release. It's gonna be a good year - AP then NV.

I would also agree with that, if we were talking about a book cover. As the box cover for a game, I think it's near-perfect in that it communicates the general setting of the game (alternate Vegas in a desolate wasteland) to every potential buyer, while still getting "attention" from the not-so-picky-about-their-games customers.

As a gamer (and not an art critic), I'll probably see the cover only a couple of times before, you know, I actually start playing the game. Which is the reason I'll buy it in the first place... :sorcerer:

But still, "No Power Armor" is a fresh breath of air for the "face" of this new game.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

not even the glowing red eyes? i mean...c'mon, man.
Similarly to what Thorton_AP said, 'generic' is so overused that I stopped caring. (As is 'immersion', nice job breaking it Obs forum! :sorcerer:)

Not to mention that these "generic" things are ..you know, common sense? Like wearing a gas mask in an irradiated wasteland, not to mention being in a warzone? Or, you know.. having a face?(AP)

That's the way I see it too. It seems people clamour for "unique and original" but a lot of the time, doing something that is "generic" is the move that actually makes sense.

I mean here come a bunch of army soldiers in a military game. Oh, well they look awfully generic, what with their military fatigues and equipment and stuff.

That's the way I see it too. It seems people clamour for "unique and original" but a lot of the time, doing something that is "generic" is the move that actually makes sense.

I mean here come a bunch of army soldiers in a military game. Oh, well they look awfully generic, what with their military fatigues and equipment and stuff.

:sorcerer:

I think people meant generic as in "not fitting for a unique setting like Fallout's".

But, meh... I think every game (or movie, or song, or book...) is a bit generic and a bit unique in their own right. No big deal.

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

I don't know, the whole 'gas mask don't fit Fallout' debacle I've read on NMA and DAC seemed pretty stupid to me.

And Fallout cover art has always been pretty sucky, it was even worse with Fallout 1 and 2 (and no, I don't think Power Armor helmets gave a particularly good idea of the setting either) so I can't really complain about this (it even has the Lucky 38 in the background! :lol: ).

I don't know, the whole '_______ don't fit Fallout' debacle I've read on NMA and DAC seemed pretty stupid to me.

fixed

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)