Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

On a unrelated note, why is the orbital laser platform nukerblaster an Energy Weapon skill? I mean, its not like the pc is carrying it around on his/her shoulder pointing it raiders. I imagine the pc just pushes a button or flips a toggle or connects a dongle. Shouldn't using that device be a repair-based skill? Or maybe explosives. Though it doesn't explode of course. But it requires technowizardry not a well-trained trigger finger and a keen eye.

Science came to my mind. And on that note, the skill with orbilaser could (should?) affect the accuracy (the ability set the coordinates correctly) and amount of uses/day. I can Imagine a situation where one is aiding a group on mission to seize a "spot X". He sets the "spot" as a target to burn the enemies behind the covers and whoops the laser goes 100 meters aside from the target and scorches all/half the allies - and because the skill is low there is no second try (not being able program/what ever a booster for the recharger) until tomorrow, and then it's too late already. Power comes with risks.

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

On a unrelated note, why is the orbital laser platform nukerblaster an Energy Weapon skill? I mean, its not like the pc is carrying it around on his/her shoulder pointing it raiders. I imagine the pc just pushes a button or flips a toggle or connects a dongle. Shouldn't using that device be a repair-based skill? Or maybe explosives. Though it doesn't explode of course. But it requires technowizardry not a well-trained trigger finger and a keen eye.

Science came to my mind. And on that note, the skill with orbilaser could (should?) affect the accuracy (the ability set the coordinates correctly) and amount of uses/day. I can Imagine a situation where one is aiding a group on mission to seize a "spot X". He sets the "spot" as a target to burn the enemies behind the covers and whoops the laser goes 100 meters aside from the target and scorches all/half the allies - and because the skill is low there is no second try (not being able program/what ever a booster for the recharger) until tomorrow, and then it's too late already. Power comes with risks.

Science, surely?

Or what about pure Luck?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Science, surely?

Or what about pure Luck?

Why not. :nuke:

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Hmmm.

A lethal bounty hunter named Roulette.

A stray dog named Chip.

A bumbling merc named Craps.

A self-aggrandizing Giant Panda named Johnnybottoms.

Seems too obvious, don't it?

well, it's no Athabaska ****, but...meh. i have bigger bones to pick than names.

EDIT: lulz at the auto-censor.

Edited by TwinkieGorilla

Considering that image was already showed inside the Collector's Edition and considering it was heavily featured in magazines and the likes, it seemed pretty obvious that it would end up as the cover.

Also : it's the first box art without a power armored dude unless we count FO:BOS! :aiee:

Science, surely?

Or what about pure Luck?

Why not. o:)

Science is good. Makes sense. Actually giving a weapon like this to the science skill makes a science-boy build much more useful. Nowe that I'm thinking about it, this would be a pretty good way to balance skills.

I like the box art as well. I favor the low-tech end of things and it would be great of NV does more on the low-tech side than the high tech side.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

WHen you're a subcontractor you take what you can get. WHich in this case is cash. Hopefully, gobs of it.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm actually not a fan of the box art. I love the logo, but the guy with the gun doesn't really draw me in. I'd rather see a pip-boy throwing dice at a craps table.

I see your point. And don't actually disagree with it.

I think I'm simply enamored of the fact that it's not a dude in Power Armor toting a plasma rifle.

Six shooters and leather armor ftw!

It also looks a lot like STALKER with the gas mask and armor. Which bodes well for the game!

i hate box art like this, i prefer box art thats more minimal, the european heavy rain boxart comes to mind, or, in movie land, the poster for "There Will Be Blood" that just looked like an old leather bible... simple but really gets the "feel" across.

i'd rather just a desolate, eerie plain, or simply the fallout logo over sepia tones or something (im not an artist so i cant design this stuff, i'm just picky about aesthetics.

all that said, i LOVE old movie posters that are painted, like the treasure of sierra madre, or rashoman or even raiders of the lost ark. and those are very often pulpy and over-the-top. so maybe no one should listen to me when it comes to artistic taste.... o:)

edit: holy crap! i just realized that i love this box art IF THEY TAKE THAT GUY OFF IT. seriously, the rest of the art looks awesome with that hellish vegas in the background, the foreground is just RUINED by the figure who looks photoshopped into it

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

It also looks a lot like STALKER with the gas mask and armor. Which bodes well for the game!
For you maybe. o:)

A STALKER a day keeps the doctor away!

Doc Morbid, that is.

WOW. The moderators immediately closed the topic about the box art with 'I have no doubt that the box art was discussed and agreed upon by both companies involved. Since this topic seems to have been started just to stir up trouble it's going to be closed. If Obsidian has a grip with it, I am sure it will be addressed via an appropriate venue. '.

That seems quite.... defensive to me.

WOW. The moderators immediately closed the topic about the box art with 'I have no doubt that the box art was discussed and agreed upon by both companies involved. Since this topic seems to have been started just to stir up trouble it's going to be closed. If Obsidian has a grip with it, I am sure it will be addressed via an appropriate venue. '.

I would say it's typical of the Beth forums. WHich isn't a flame, just an observation on how they prefer their posting activity to be.

It's also why I rarely go there. Again, no flame or anything, just an observation. They make their choices and its their right to do so.

edit: holy crap! i just realized that i love this box art IF THEY TAKE THAT GUY OFF IT. seriously, the rest of the art looks awesome with that hellish vegas in the background, the foreground is just RUINED by the figure who looks photoshopped into it

I can definitely agree with that. Lose the guy and it would be pretty awesome with just the Vegas strip in the distance and the great logo.

I would say it's typical of the Beth forums. WHich isn't a flame, just an observation on how they prefer their posting activity to be.

It's also why I rarely go there. Again, no flame or anything, just an observation. They make their choices and its their right to do so.

I'm guessing their forum is a lot bigger and more prone to insanity than in these parts.

Hence the reason I also don't go near it.

I can definitely agree with that. Lose the guy and it would be pretty awesome with just the Vegas strip in the distance and the great logo.

I see that as well. I guess that guy is bit too generic, maybe?