Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Green Zone.

Matt Damon has two facial features (stoically baffled and slightly less baffled) but this is a solid action movie with a gritty and convincing Neocons-are-bastards subplot and some interesting camerawork.

I give it 7.5/10, not least for the main bad guy's (mysterious US special forces dude) 1970's p0rno moustache.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Because I'm a nice and self-sacrificing boyfriend, I saw Eclipse yesterday. It was appropriately and hilariously dire. I specifically liked how Cullen is completely obsessive in a psychotic way. I imagine he'll turn into an overcontrolling wife beater when they get married. And she'll still say that she understands and that she loves him.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Because I'm a nice and self-sacrificing boyfriend, I saw Eclipse yesterday. It was appropriately and hilariously dire. I specifically liked how Cullen is completely obsessive in a psychotic way. I imagine he'll turn into an overcontrolling wife beater when they get married. And she'll still say that she understands and that she loves him.

Wait until the fourth movie.. there's a really seriously creepy werewolf "love at first sight" factor that creeps in in the book. I'm half-wondering just how hollywood will handle that adaption.. :p

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Wait until the fourth movie.. there's a really seriously creepy werewolf "love at first sight" factor that creeps in in the book. I'm half-wondering just how hollywood will handle that adaption.. :ermm:

Like the have handled the other movies, or do you forget that necrophilia vs. bestiality is the main theme of the series.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Yeah but it adds some prenatalia to it.

Jesus, what kind of depraved things are kids reading these days? :)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

It's more the werewolf goes into a "just because the person is just born.. I'm in love in a uber-bodyguard / uncle type / godfather / family way..but at some random point in the future when the ick factor isn't so big and she's at some undetermined age, it's suddenly going to turn into major sexual love as well.. and anyone who hurts her will get eaten."

There's something about that that is just an eeeny-bit creepy. :)

It's more the werewolf goes into a "just because the person is just born.. I'm in love in a uber-bodyguard / uncle type / godfather / family way..but at some random point in the future when the ick factor isn't so big and she's at some undetermined age, it's suddenly going to turn into major sexual love as well.. and anyone who hurts her will get eaten."

There's something about that that is just an eeeny-bit creepy. :)

:bat:

It has finally happened! 4chan has ruined real life too.

Edited by Orogun01

village_idiot.gif

Because I'm a nice and self-sacrificing boyfriend, I saw Eclipse yesterday. It was appropriately and hilariously dire.

Yeah, I figure it'll amuse me in that way, too. But I'm waiting for cable, since I'm not all melty-gooey over the main chrs to have to see it right now. Although, the vampire Dr. dude (Peter Facinelli) is pretty hot. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Knight & Day - Tom Cruise goes through it with a ****y grin, and Cameron Diaz with a baffled expression. Still, it has some funny lines and moments in there..

Legion - Meh. How the heck did they get so many decent actors to do this B movie? It was almost interesting in parts.

Just watched that too. Somehow I feel like I haven't even seen it - it was just so forgettable.

Well, the whiskey might have been to blame for it being a bit hazy, but still, what a waste of time.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If you folks don't stop discussing freaking Twilight this thread might self destruct. :shifty:

This.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Did rewatch War, Inc the other evening.. that's kind of fun in that slightly bizarre way. Although it's always a treat to watch the Cusack siblings share scene time.. they do seem to have a great time doing those characters...

Plus it feels like they got half the cast from Grosse Point Blank together for it...

Alvin & the Chipmunks was on FX (ie, free) so I sat & watched it. I must admit I like chipmunk-style music. It amuses me. The narrating mice in Babe were some of the best giggle bits in the film.

Chimpmunk movie was ok, nothing to write home about. Some cute moments, cute animation, and all that.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Saw Inception today, every bit of good as advertised. Is still good to see that Nolan has a knack for unique in-movie perspectives.

village_idiot.gif

Inception = 4 to 4.5 stars out of 5.

Pretty darn good...I didn't find it hard to "follow" at all, but it's definitely mind-boggling, especially in the aftermath sense. Cerebral fantasy/sci-fi at some of its best, with enough action/neat cgi to keep things moving too. In the ladies restroom after, overheard lots of babbling/debating along the likes of "wait, if this was this, then..." & other musings - that kind of movie.

Plus Leo didn't bug me too much, a good role for him. Rest of cast excellent.

Twilight - Well, my expectations were pretty low, being that I'm not a teenage girl. But surprisingly the back story and the actual concept was somewhat intriguing. The real problem was the two main actors were absolutely horrible, I mean super super bad. The other characters were actually decently acted, in fact I wished they spent way less time on the bad romance and more on the geeky High School kids and the school click of vamps.

So it did a good job of pulling me and my wife in, but was painful in quite a few spots. It's hard to gauge, I guess.

Saw Inception yesterday. Top entertainment.

Saw the extended version of John Woo's "Battle of Red Cliff" the other day. Repetitive score and so-so CGI, but a fantastic story and awesome sword-action. Halberd-swinging heroes fighting on top of shield walls in massive explosive battles.

Anything to do with Twilight should trigger a forum taste filter and be erased.

:lol: :lol: I agree...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS