Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

The Expendables was made when sly Stallone found a massive chunk of Win Ore in his garden. He coated it in cheese and then carved a movie from it.

And, verily, the action movie fans were happy and grateful.

My only fear is that with so much awesoness there won't be a place for everyone to shine. This movie better be 4 hours of gore and kicks or i'm going to be disappointed.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Predators was very good. I'd say it is up there with the original, easily. The cast was solid, I was surprised that Topher Grace (skinny kid on That 70's Show) fit in so well, he was a good comedic relief. They also had Walter Goggins as a convict (Shane from The Shield) Adrian Brody made a good action hero too, he was pretty edgy. The Yakuza and the Spetznaz guy both had pretty great moments.

^ Yes, i'm planning on seeing it, the review I read was by someone who clearly (a) doesn't like sci-fi, (b) hadn't seen the other movies and © was a ****.

Why do movie reviewers review genres they clearly hate? FFS, if you sent me to review something like Twilight then their is only one feasible outcome.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Er, the language filter on this board is bizarre. D1ck isn't a really naughty word, after all what if my first name was Richard?

Then you are a ****

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I'm looking forward to Inception from Christopher Nolan.

Me too...at least once I looked up the basic story concept online. The ads were not helpful in that regard. It looks very promising tho.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The ads I've seen were fantastic in the way of getting me curious about it, though.

Yup! :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

LotR Return of the Kings. So completes my trilogy of watching those movies on DVD.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I saw Predators and really liked it. Thought it was almost as good as the original film.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I saw Predators and really liked it. Thought it was almost as good as the original film.

Did it had great one liners like the original? Somehow I don't think so.

village_idiot.gif

Well I did say "almost" as good as the original film...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The delivery of lines by Topher Grace and Walter Goggins was pretty fantastic.

I loved when Goggins pulled out his shank when everone else had a gun and the resultant exchange

I loved when Goggins pulled out his shank when everone else had a gun and the resultant exchange

It was pretty funny when Goggins explained what he wanted to do if he ever got home.

Cable station was playing a movie called "Doomsday", entirely dubbed in Spanish w/no english subtitles. I don't understand much Spanish (almost none, actually), but I sat down to watch some of it just to see if it looked interesting.....an hour later, I realized that while I didn't know much about the actual storyline or characters, none of that mattered anyway. I suspect watching it dubbed actually improved it.

Cable station was playing a movie called "Doomsday", entirely dubbed in Spanish w/no english subtitles. I don't understand much Spanish (almost none, actually), but I sat down to watch some of it just to see if it looked interesting.....an hour later, I realized that while I didn't know much about the actual storyline or characters, none of that mattered anyway. I suspect watching it dubbed actually improved it.

:*

I'll watch it and translate for you, so don't despair.

village_idiot.gif

Watched Boondock Saints (Absolutely brilliant), Unthinkable (Sam Jackson good as always), and Green Zone (Not bad, not great).

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Helen Mirren using an SMG? Sold!

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: