Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

Inception. I agree with everyone here, good movie. Although the ending was a bit predictable.

Toy Story 3. Fun but not as good as the first two.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice. I liked it even though I'd never really seen Cage playing a role like that.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

The Hidden, my old letterboxed videotape copy. Ah, videotape. How quaint. :lol:

Movie still holds up fairly well today. One of my fave, oft overlooked B-grade films.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Apocalypto on Blu-Ray. Amazing film, and better than I had expected going in.

Would have preferred Jaguar's Paw defeat all the hunters himself rather than being "saved" by the arrival of the ships, though

Also Crank and Crank 2: High Voltage. Statham's best since Snatch and Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, although that isn't saying much. Still, If there isn't a Crank 3, it'll be a tragedy.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Inception.

Great movie with solid visual effects and solid acting. The ending was really predictable though, i give it a solid 8.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

How is Inception's ending predictable?

The way I interpreted it, it was intentionally left ambiguous.

Exactly, i called for an ambiguous "Is this real or a dream?"-ending about half-way through. The trailers gave some hints about that as well

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Exactly, i called for an ambiguous "Is this real or a dream?"-ending about half-way through. The trailers gave some hints about that as well

Yeah okay, but would you rather have had the answer spoonfed to you? I saw Shutter Island recently

(Shutter Island spoiler ahead!)

and was disappointed by the fact that only one interpretation turned out to be the right one.

Edited by Pope

Yeah okay, but would you rather have had the answer spoonfed to you? I saw Shutter Island recently

(Shutter Island spoiler ahead!)

and was disappointed by the fact that only one interpretation turned out to be the right one.

I have seen Shutter Island, and i would actually prefer to be to spoonfed on the ending, since that would be more or a surprise than an ambiguous one :)

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I actually thought Shutter Island's ending was pretty ambiguous, just not in the "was it real or wasn't it real?" way, more in the

Leo DiCaprio's last line indicating that he might be sane after all, but he just doesn't want to live with the guilt one way or another.

At least, that's how I interpreted it.

The Fountain

Quite beautiful movie.

With a damn good soundtrack. If you like orchestral scores that pluck at the soul.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

The Fountain

Quite beautiful movie.

With a damn good soundtrack. If you like orchestral scores that pluck at the soul.

The Fountain's soundtrack certainly ranks amongst the best.

I'm quite a fan of the film as well, in fact it's my favorite of Aronofsky.

Finally saw Avatar. Superb effects, fun first half, but pretty forgettable otherwise. Looking forward to seeing The Road one of the these days. I heard it's good.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

It Might Get Loud - A fantastic collaboration project between Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White. They just got together and jammed, it was awesome. The highlights are Jack White making his own electric guitar with a chunk of wood, a bottle, and a metal wire.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/suckerpunch/

Zack Snyder's newest. Girls with swords fighting robots, dragons and giant minigun wielding Samurai in WWI. Sounds good to me.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

NoNoNoNoNoNoNoNo!!!

Haven't kept up with Star Trek news in ages so I just now read about the 'remastered' version of Star Trek:OS with all the CGI crap. Ack! No! Sacrilege! Oh sure some of the cgi new city background mattes are ok...but CGI ship & some of those effects...no...no...just no. I want the silly model on a string Enterprise & stuff, not this CGI version that doesn't match the tone/tech of the rest of the non-altered frames.

I have season 1 & 2 DVD's in original format (those hard plastic cases) but never bought season 3. Looked at some big store sites, all they have is the 'new' versions now...*panic*...looked at Amazon...they still have a few places selling that plastic box 3rd season. YES! Must buy before you can't get them anymore. Glad I bought the animated series already.

Why oh why must they do this stuff to old classic series? Are they going to release CGI versions of Twilight Zone someday? Argh! Better get the rest of the ST:TNG too, before they muck with those 10 years from now....

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Youth in Revolt

Amusing teen comedy with a sort of Catcher in the Rye vibe going on.

The protagonist's sinister French alter-ego Francois, a sort of low-rent Tyler Durden in slacks with a Gitane, is especially amusing.

sonsofgygax.JPG