Games you are looking forward to.

Darque

From the quick perusing of the site I did, I'll miss having 70 billion minions out at a time. That was awesome.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Oh crap, doesn't Shattered Dimensions come out this month?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

(the only other one I can think of off the top of my head is Dark Corners of the Earth, and that was more like bad timing and the demise of my original xbox).

It works on the 360, but probably with more bugs.

I know. If I ever look forward to replaying the hotel escape and the other village escape on the pickup, I'll try it on the 360. Doesn't look like that I will, for the next couple of years or so. ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

After playing Dead Rising 2: Case Zero a dozen times, I'm really looking forward to Dead Rising 2. I haven't really been following the game, because the whole Western developers take over Japanese franchise thing tends not to work out for me, but this is fab. Controls have been improved and the not terribly interesting photography of the original has been replaced with the awesome combo weapons. It's gonna be a long three weeks.

Demonicon is from the same guys that made the awful The Fall game. I'd stay away from it.

But it probably won't be released anyway, because the publisher is in trouble.

Since Drakensang is dead, it's the only hope left for another DSA game on PC.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Vanquish. Pure adrenaline with high chance of going blind from all the effects. :D The demo was enjoyable somewhat as well.

I have to admit, I thought it was going to be an absolute shower of caca, but after playing the PS3 demo I was impressed enough to actually preorder it.

It's like Gears of War on meth, with the homoerotic overtones replaces with some very mature chedder.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

The rocket powered power slide is quite original :lol: And the different weapon = different melee attack is also nice. And there's no Aliens so the halo part is really inappropriate.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

So it's NHL 10 plus a DB update? :(

I'm looking forward to FIFA 11, so I can deal with more AI BS like super lunging tackles from behind, the speed decrease aura, immunity to fatigue and immense shot blocking skill.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Vanquish: Gears meets Halo.

How original.

LMFAO, you've clearly not played the demo.

I wouldn't say that, it really is just kinda like gears of war sped up with a crazy rocket suite. Original? Maybe not, but its fun.

i wasnt crazy about the Vanquish demo, then again, I don't like gears of war either so maybe cover based shooters just arent my thing.

i hate the combat in uncharted

i hate the combat in gears of war

but I love the combat in CoD MW 1-2

I even like the combat in Resident evil 5, UNTIL you get to the cover based shooty parts.

I did like how you could go jetting around the stages in vanquish, but you ran out of juice too fast and then had to go running back to cover... I was looking forward to playing it, but after the demo I was left with a "love the look, dont love the gameplay" sort of feeling, which means its not worth a buy for me until it hits the bargain bin.

big scary boss fights are a huge plus for me too. a game that plays as well as CoD but with a cool design aesthetic and bigass monsters would be really great.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i wasnt crazy about the Vanquish demo, then again, I don't like gears of war either so maybe cover based shooters just arent my thing.

i hate the combat in uncharted

i hate the combat in gears of war

but I love the combat in CoD MW 1-2

I even like the combat in Resident evil 5, UNTIL you get to the cover based shooty parts.

I did like how you could go jetting around the stages in vanquish, but you ran out of juice too fast and then had to go running back to cover... I was looking forward to playing it, but after the demo I was left with a "love the look, dont love the gameplay" sort of feeling, which means its not worth a buy for me until it hits the bargain bin.

big scary boss fights are a huge plus for me too. a game that plays as well as CoD but with a cool design aesthetic and bigass monsters would be really great.

I wouldn't call CoD a cover based shooter.

Thing about CoD is that its pretty much been the same game since inception. I always feel like I've played whatever CoD game it is before I actually finish it, that said I do believe there were some exceptional levels in MW 1 which broke that mold for me.

I really enjoyed uncharted, its probably my favourite cover based shooter, GoW is merely just average in my opinion, mostly because I don't like the art direction, grey is boring, and everything feels slow. Vanquish ain't a special game, but its a nice change of pace in the cover based shooter world.

i wouldn't call CoD a cover based shooter either, that was the contrast i was making, i think my message was a bit muddled though lol :ermm:

i liked uncharted, but more for the feel of the game than for the gameplay itself. it has a fun world with cool set pieces and likeable characters. the opposite of gears of war i suppose

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I don't play FPS on consoles, just doesn't feel right but 3rd person is always good, if it's done at least decently. And CoD is boring quickly even on PC. I enjoyed only the first game ,it's addon and their MP, ever since then it's just a borefest to me.

1.13 killed off Ja2.