Games you are looking forward to.

Darque

Rage isn't coming out till 2011, but it is sounding excellent! http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1087379p1.html

The PR people are paid a lot of money to make sure the game sounds excellent. What else would you expect?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Rage isn't coming out till 2011, but it is sounding excellent! http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1087379p1.html

The PR people are paid a lot of money to make sure the game sounds excellent. What else would you expect?

Then you must believe the same of AP.

Honestly most previews are positive because developers show the best parts of their game. Hype aside though, you can still decide if that game is for you.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Sounds like a normal shooter to me.

Very polished and with awesome graphics (though we still have to see if they're optimized decently).

The setting doesn't seem particularly impressive, it lacks personality from what I've seen, but if the shooter gameplay is fun enough I may even think of buying it.

AP, DX 3, hopefully something fun for ME 2. Fallout: NV is on my "watch, probably purchase day 1 based on developer pedigree" list, not so much on the "zomg I'm so excited I can barely sleep" list like the other 3.

The list(s) has/have never been this short. I still can't figure out why everybody announces everything at E3. It just means it gets lost in the flood.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Someone's looking forward to DX3 ? Huh. Anyway, looking forward to AP, FO:NV, Civ 5, maybe Starcraft II, and the Witcher 2 (that's quite a ways off though). More games I'm anticipating this year than any year recently, interestingly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Someone's looking forward to DX3 ? Huh. Anyway, looking forward to AP, FO:NV, Civ 5, maybe Starcraft II, and the Witcher 2 (that's quite a ways off though). More games I'm anticipating this year than any year recently, interestingly.

I'm catiously optimistic about DX3. I mean, what they've said until now has been promising, but of course, I need proof before I believe into anything the devs said.

They announced FEAR3. A completely co-op shooter from a different group than did the first two. It looks interesting but I'm not sure if they're trying to grab the moon and just setting themselves up to fail.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They announced FEAR3. A completely co-op shooter from a different group than did the first two. It looks interesting but I'm not sure if they're trying to grab the moon and just setting themselves up to fail.

I'm kinda glad Monolith isn't working on this. It frees them up to work on other stuff. Ya know, maybe like NOLF3.

As for FEAR3, I'll wait and see, but knowing Day1's trackrecord of making crappy games, I won't hold my breath.

You mean F3AR, right?

The game looks even more retarded and disappointing than the second one.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Look forward to seeing what they do with it. Considering all I've seen so far are non-engine trailers, I won't commit just yet. But unless it looks a total smoldering pile that makes DX2 seem almost as good as the first one, I'll pick it up day 1. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, let's see. There's the two Obsidian games coming out this year, I'm obviously looking forward to those. Not too sure about FO:NV, since I didn't like FO3. But it's Obsidian, so we'll see. The Witcher 2 is also on my list, whenever it lands. Then there's Need for Speed World Online, which is going to be a free racing MMO, or something like that... don't mind a little competitive racing. And finally, that new isometric action/adventure game by CrystalD, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. I'm very curious how that little experiment is going to end up. That's about it really.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

I've been getting pretty hyped about Gray Matter. It's the first big Jane Jensen game after GK3, and from what I've seen & read it reminds me a lot of The longest journey, with a setting combining magic in a high-tech future Earth. The main character (female, of course) seems pretty interesting as well.

Maybe it will be the next big adventure game that revitalizes the genre and puts it back on the radar after years of mediocrity. Hopefully it is released this year.

For the rest, I'm looking forward to Drakensang's Phileasson's expansion. Supposedly it's only 10 hours long, but one will be able to import the party from River of Time & visit a legendary location in DSA lore, similar to D&D's Myth Drannor.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Then you must believe the same of AP.

Pretty much. But eh, it's Obsidian so I cut them some slack. Though Sega's PR is pretty repulsive. But what am I going to do?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm catiously optimistic about DX3. I mean, what they've said until now has been promising, but of course, I need proof before I believe into anything the devs said.

In theory it should be easy since they now have a pre-existing model for what to do right and another pre-existing model for what to do wrong.

Just make it more like DX and less like IW and you're golden.

The game looks even more retarded and disappointing than the second one.

That's my kind of post! :)

I wish I had said it. :(

I wish I had said it. ;)

And I wish you'd use multiquote instead of... whatever

:ermm:

Sometimes I do!

But yeah, sometimes I don't. I should but, eh, easier just to reply to each post as it comes up. :/

More Red Dead stuff to drool over.

New trailer. Not one of the 'informative documentary' type trailers, but still cool. http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusiv...-red-dead/65299

Announcement of first DLC, coop missions which best of all, will be free. http://www.gametrailers.com/news/red-dead-...tion-first/2039

An IGN article on Red Dead. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1088375p1.html

Favorite parts of the article:

"I started out small. A few drinks at the saloon and a bar fight later, I stumbled out into the night looking for some easy money. I ran into an old crazy lady begging me to help her find a man named Peter, but that seemed like too much work so I shot her and moved on. And just like that, my honor meter went down by five points. It would take a few dozen more bullets to innocents to gain some real notoriety, but if there is one thing that Red Dead Redemption has it is a lot of innocents to toy with."

"Take, for instance, the sorts of things you can do with a lasso. You gain this little tool during a mission that teaches you the ins and outs of breaking a wild horse, but you can aim the rope ring at people, too. I went to the saloon and found a prostitute, hog-tied her and then slung her over my shoulder to take for a ride. She didn't take too kindly to this treatment, screaming out obscenities like, "There are other ways to a girl's heart, you ass!" along the way. I responded by leaving her on a train track."

"The most fun comes thanks to the epic animations Red Dead Redemption produces. Shooting or knifing people and animals invariably results in hilarity. During my travels I did everything from uppercutting a cow with a bowie knife to killing so many lawmen as they entered a saloon that they were stumbling over their predecessor's body pile. You don't even have to kill anybody to have some fun. Just drawing your gun on an innocent walking down the road will startle them into a funny reaction. My favorite was a man sitting with his legs up on a table. When I trained my sights on him he fell over backwards into a piano."

There's a remake of Darkstar One in the works. How did the original play?

It's a very repetitive game. There are hundreds of star systems, but each one has the same fetch, combat & transport missions you need to do to upgrade your ship.

Main story is very predictable too, and the characters + voice acting pretty bland. I'd call it 'Oblivion in space'. Good to rent for a weekend and play it through once.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking forward to Tron Evolution... (yes, that geek inside has fond memories of both the film, and the Tron 2.0 game)...

but Dang it all. It's only being released on xbox360 and the ps3.

A Tron game.. and it's not going to be released on the PC.. oy vey... :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."