Games you are looking forward to.

Darque

am one of the few folks 'round these parts that has been unimpressed with chrisA work post planescape. sure, ravel were a fantastic character, but since that time chrisA has been churning out wacky anime inspired characters that is all premise and no substance. closest thing to a well-developed character post ps:t were kreia... who were kinda a ravel redux. so, with ap being a game that not offers chrisA a fantastic setting to create jedi, hagspawn, or talking bears, we is curious to see what he comes up with when forced to develop a human character that is compelling 'cause of what they do 'stead of what they is.

so... am kinda morbid curious 'bout ap.

others o' interest:

fo:nv

da and me sequels

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Fallout: New Vegas

Alpha Protocol

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (after reading the faq on their board, I got pretty interested)

Civilization 5

The Witcher 2

Starcraft 2

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Civ 5

Galaxy 2

Other M

Mass 3

AP

FONV

AC2.5-ish

EDIT: SC2, D3

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

am one of the few folks 'round these parts that has been unimpressed with chrisA work post planescape. sure, ravel were a fantastic character, but since that time chrisA has been churning out wacky anime inspired characters that is all premise and no substance. closest thing to a well-developed character post ps:t were kreia... who were kinda a ravel redux. so, with ap being a game that not offers chrisA a fantastic setting to create jedi, hagspawn, or talking bears, we is curious to see what he comes up with when forced to develop a human character that is compelling 'cause of what they do 'stead of what they is.

so... am kinda morbid curious 'bout ap.

others o' interest:

fo:nv

da and me sequels

HA! Good Fun!

TBH I don't remember any game that ChrisA lead after PS:T except KOTORII so I'm not sure where to look when searching for MCA's characters. I think that the talking bear and the hagspawn were actually George Ziet's ideas anyway.

Starcraft 2 is on top of my list.

Alpha Protocol is a close second.

New Vegas is third.

Then in no particular order:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Metroid: Other M

Uncharted 3

Diablo 3

Witcher 2

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands

Splinter Cell Conviction

I just hope Ubi gets rid of that DRM scheme.

Kaelyn and Gann were Chris' characters in MotB.

Were they HIS design or he simply wrote the dialogues?

does original concept = HIS character?

in any event, we has seen the interviews that reveal that chrisA did the in-game writing for dove (handmaiden retread?) and gann. supposedly, chrisA also were given credit for nwn2 as follows: "Chris Avellone wrote most of the companions and edited/improved the story throughout the game." go through blogs and you will see where chrisA speaks of his contributions to various Kotor2 characters, most notably atton, handmaiden and kreia. revisiting your comment 'bout design v. wrote, we recalls that visas marr were not written by chrisA ('cause we criticized the writing of that character and some other obsinate were thrown under the bus,) but various blog entries and interviews suggest that visas were chisA's idea. etc. you look hard enough and you can find numerous sources linking chrisA to various individual characters.

from a practical pov, we thinks the writing is more important than the initial concept... which is what we were getting at earlier. a wacky concept as the totality or majority o' character development is a common failure o' japanese anime... and chrisA characters.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

does original concept = HIS character?

in any event, we has seen the interviews that reveal that chrisA did the in-game writing for dove (handmaiden retread?) and gann. supposedly, chrisA also were given credit for nwn2 as follows: "Chris Avellone wrote most of the companions and edited/improved the story throughout the game." go through blogs and you will see where chrisA speaks of his contributions to various Kotor2 characters, most notably atton, handmaiden and kreia. revisiting your comment 'bout design v. wrote, we recalls that visas marr were not written by chrisA ('cause we criticized the writing of that character and some other obsinate were thrown under the bus,) but various blog entries and interviews suggest that visas were chisA's idea. etc. you look hard enough and you can find numerous sources linking chrisA to various individual characters.

from a practical pov, we thinks the writing is more important than the initial concept... which is what we were getting at earlier. a wacky concept as the totality or majority o' character development is a common failure o' japanese anime... and chrisA characters.

HA! Good Fun!

Original concept + writing = HIS character, but ofc, that's MY definition and the point of the discussion isn't my definition :lol: .

While I can see your point, I didn't mind that type of characters for games like MotB and KOTOR2.. I always perceived the Epic Level Forgotten Realms and Star Wars settings as really extreme settings, where this type of characters really works.

As for Alpha Protocol, we'll have to wait I guess.

Well, it'll probably be quite hard to see what characters are truly his (was he even on board from the beginning on AP?) in AP as well. While they did throw out the earlier draft, I think most of the characters were originally thought up by Brian Mitsoda and Annie Carlson (and maybe a few others).

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

• 2 weeks later...

Fallout New Vegas is really the only thing on my immediate list.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm mildly curious about Battlefield 1943 (because I loved BF1942). If it is just a console version of 1942 re-released on the PC with a few bells and whistles, I won't bother. Sometimes hope dies last.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm mildly curious about Battlefield 1943 (because I loved BF1942). If it is just a console version of 1942 re-released on the PC with a few bells and whistles, I won't bother. Sometimes hope dies last.

Did you play Battlefield Vietnam? Did you download the free Battlefield 1942 pacific add on for it? Basically the same levels except on the same engine as Battlefield Bad Company which means destructable buildings and cover. I think they dumbed it down a bit too much though. You have infinite ammo for ALL weapons including bazookas in grenades. Not quite as horrible as it sounds: You get 3 rockets for your rocket launcher, once you fire/reload all 3 you then have to wait about 20-30 seconds to get another 3 rockets. Also, the classes have been combined to make 3 classes from the original 4-5.

Also, to be a bit of a geek, I find it incredibly annoying that they don't give the Japanese their actual rifle. Why are they using a German Mauser? Just skin an Arisaka rifle. It would work identically!

Did you play Battlefield Vietnam? Did you download the free Battlefield 1942 pacific add on for it? Basically the same levels except on the same engine as Battlefield Bad Company which means destructable buildings and cover. I think they dumbed it down a bit too much though. You have infinite ammo for ALL weapons including bazookas in grenades. Not quite as horrible as it sounds: You get 3 rockets for your rocket launcher, once you fire/reload all 3 you then have to wait about 20-30 seconds to get another 3 rockets. Also, the classes have been combined to make 3 classes from the original 4-5.

Also, to be a bit of a geek, I find it incredibly annoying that they don't give the Japanese their actual rifle. Why are they using a German Mauser? Just skin an Arisaka rifle. It would work identically!

Yeah, I have both Battlefield 1942 (plus Road to Rome) and BF Vietnam (the music brings back childhood memories) + the Pacific Addon. Hmm, I might just pass on this then. Maybe wait and see if they make a demo of it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm looking foreward to Sengoku Basara Heroes for the PS3. I've always been a nerd for the hacky slashy games like dynasty warriors and also love the humorous backround to some of the Basara games.

For example

Masamune Date: Uses six swords and rides a horse with handlebars instead of reins, and his stirrups have exhaust pipes coming out of em.

Yukimura Sanada: Extremely powerful fighter, but can sometimes be an idiot, to the point where his master (Shingen Takeda) yells "IDIOT!" and falcon punches him across the room. Also, he's my avatar.

Iyeasu Tokugawa: In the anime he's a little kid who's main deterrant force is Takakatsu Honda... a giant cyborg of a warrior.

God this is so over the top it's hilarious.

The anime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT5BwzWzMTs

Also there is lady No, who as one of her attacks YANKS A MINIGUN OUT OF HER SKIRTS!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Loved the anime. Season 2 coming in July. \o/

I'm currently at ep 9 :rolleyes:

NOOO KENSHIN!

Just wanted to say that in Basara, Capcom made another Dan Hibiki. Sengoku Basara uses the EXACT source material as the Samurai Warriors games from Koei.

Samurai Warriors added in it's second iteration Kanetsugu Naoe (in history he was a retainer to Kenshin Uesugi), he's a fairly standard character (for Koei anyway, they've got two other characters in their various games that are almost the exact same) that is based around Justice, Honor, and Love/Friendship. In Sengoku Basara He's a joke character, played VERY effeminate and his appearance in the anime is him yelling his name and charging Tadakatsu Honda only to get hit so hard he turns into team rocket.

At first I thought you meant Henry Fonda.

You are disappoint.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"