Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

It's also worth noting that Feargus mentions offhand that Obsidz and Bethsoft had been in talks to work together for several years, even before it was decided a Fallout title would be their collaborative effort.

Doesn't seem surprising to me. Remember that Bethsoft is a publisher as well as a developer. As an independent development studio, I'm sure that Obsidian spends a lot of time pitching their development ideas to any publisher who will listen to them.

It's also worth noting that Feargus mentions offhand that Obsidz and Bethsoft had been in talks to work together for several years, even before it was decided a Fallout title would be their collaborative effort.

:ermm: Where did you hear this?

Could it be my prediction is coming true?

It's in the scans of the PC Gamer US preview of New Vegas...

Just saw the scans (had to get them PM'd to me from NMA due to said scans being removed).

Edited by Syraxis

I want to talk about the new info, but Purkake will hit me with a stick and tell me I'm being stupid, so I can't. :lol:

Wait, no, I will anyway. The party doesn't sound that appealing to me on a gameplay basis, but it can't be bad to have major NPCs.. as long as none are forced. Considering it's a Fallout title, I can't see that being the case, though.

Don't mind me, I'm just annoyed at the double standards some people seem to have, but that's a discussion for another thread.

I don't really read most of the info, because it's so spoilery. Half the stuff pretty much spoils whole quests along with the solutions.

i hope they fixed the stealth system along with adding the reputation system

fallout 3 made stealth kills really pointless, you could kill a person without anyone seeing you do it, and yet the whole town turns hostile towards you... really lame (this bug/design flaw is especially bad in paradise falls)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

fallout 3 made stealth kills really pointless, you could kill a person without anyone seeing you do it, and yet the whole town turns hostile towards you... really lame (this bug/design flaw is especially bad in paradise falls)

Has this been confirned as a bug/flaw? It seems possibly more a game balance way of keeping the pc from running amok and killing everyone in the game without opposition. Albeit, not a very good method.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

This and player inability to sleep in owned bed make little sense, there should be more interraction like if You get caught sleeping in owned bed by owner or his ally You would be given a dialog option to settle situation same for sniping someone in paradise falls, the next time You go there someone should ask You 'Hey I heard (I think I saw) it was You that killed *name*, etc. and You could lie and pass 'speech check' or not, another thing if You try same thing being inside paradise falls among taxing eyes of mercenaries, means instant battle. I also red earlier that stimpacks in F:NV won't have instant effect also supposed weapon modification, this is wonderfoul idea! When I was First playing FO3 I was trying really hard to like this game (as a FO1/2 fan) but few things put me off the track, namely first is the combat, it is unrealistic and goofy, (I just 'catched' a rocket and *TADA stimpack* I am back on my feet on a vendetta, my head was crippled during the process but hey now I see crystal sharp, leg broken? not a problem! so now I should use a psycho, a buffout, med-x, jet and still ass kicking raiders on the run(with broken leg) and after all this discomforts I can lay to sleep and wake fully functional after a brief nap. Second Is the travel, it is painfully boring sometimes to relocate at the same pace with still cam like a player had swallowed a broomstick or something, even worse if encumbered, If I really like to transport my junk to a merchant at once I should be given an option to do so, eg. by using a radio for help (arriving party might as well rob You

;) or hire a caravan to do so, and what if I travel light? should move faster, but not. I was like level 5 when things like this put me off but luckily I discovered a site and learned that FO3 is highly moddable and what do You know, It already has been! I am not much into eyecandy(besides EVE) so I searched for gameplay mechanics and found mods, namely Mart's Mutant Mod(MMM) Fallout Wanderers Edition(FWE) Weapon Mod Kits(WMK) Energy Visuals Enchanced(EVE), (they are mostly overhauls but works great together with FOIP patches) and I felt like I am being blessed, my prayers were answered etc. having blast playing FO3 with them(with tweaked graphics to the max after editing *INI files). Why do I write about this? after reading about stimpacks in F:NV I tought that some dev had played some of mods or red about it, but hey, why stop? why not use more of that great ideas in mods that already work and make a (more) perfect retail game. With above mods I am no longer daft and invincible, if I broke a leg I need a medical brace and some knowledge and time to heal it or face penalties or a doctor, If I eat so much strong drugs at once I also get some penalties like blurred vision, tweaching and altered colors :) and if I travel light I can also sprint for a time limited by action points, camera shakes and player breathes hard from fatigue, travelling is now less boring and if in trouble I can use it to escape the enemy or cover better ground to fight back or with a perk that comes with it I can try to tackle him! if he is weaker will be put to the ground, giving me time or opportunity to deal with him(or I can still pick Bloody Mess perk that makes people loose all limbs if they got hit with a stick! ..nah), if my weapon worns out I don't have to find another exact same to repair it! I can use prepped repair kits or other similiar gun or junk, this adds more diversity and joy to combat, even more diversity adds Mart's Mutant Mod(MMM), making me really want those random encounters to happen! I even fixed that awfull floating screen and mouse lag (I play on PC) with Fallout Stutter Remover that limit frame rates instead of syncing them 'V-sync' (lots of HW taxing games suffer input lag by not having such a simple mechanism), that made me use VATS or Bullet time(which is superb imo.) even less often beacause now I could place all that headshots by my own hand. Concluding this lengthy post I like games that add diversity and randomness to casual, in game repetetive routines like for eg.travel, this adds a lot to percepting a game and it's world. It will be great if developers would add frame limiting option and maybe a bullet time instead or coegsisting with VATS, players playing on PC will be enthusiastic *If any dev reads this* (I know I will be excited, hey gamebryo engine game that is playable on a PC! ;) of course mods will come but it is already there, so why not use it. Now I get back to waiting for another 'better' (PC version) Fallout! Thanks.

This and player inability to sleep in owned bed make little sense, there should be more interraction like if You get caught sleeping in owned bed by owner or his ally You would be given a dialog option to settle situation same for sniping someone in paradise falls, the next time You go there someone should ask You 'Hey I heard (I think I saw) it was You that killed *name*, etc. and You could lie and pass 'speech check' or not, another thing if You try same thing being inside paradise falls among taxing eyes of mercenaries, means instant battle. I also red earlier that stimpacks in F:NV won't have instant effect also supposed weapon modification, this is wonderfoul idea! When I was First playing FO3 I was trying really hard to like this game (as a FO1/2 fan) but few things put me off the track, namely first is the combat, it is unrealistic and goofy, (I just 'catched' a rocket and *TADA stimpack* I am back on my feet on a vendetta, my head was crippled during the process but hey now I see crystal sharp, leg broken? not a problem! so now I should use a psycho, a buffout, med-x, jet and still ass kicking raiders on the run(with broken leg) and after all this discomforts I can lay to sleep and wake fully functional after a brief nap. Second Is the travel, it is painfully boring sometimes to relocate at the same pace with still cam like a player had swallowed a broomstick or something, even worse if encumbered, If I really like to transport my junk to a merchant at once I should be given an option to do so, eg. by using a radio for help (arriving party might as well rob You

:thumbsup: or hire a caravan to do so, and what if I travel light? should move faster, but not. I was like level 5 when things like this put me off but luckily I discovered a site and learned that FO3 is highly moddable and what do You know, It already has been! I am not much into eyecandy(besides EVE) so I searched for gameplay mechanics and found mods, namely Mart's Mutant Mod(MMM) Fallout Wanderers Edition(FWE) Weapon Mod Kits(WMK) Energy Visuals Enchanced(EVE), (they are mostly overhauls but works great together with FOIP patches) and I felt like I am being blessed, my prayers were answered etc. having blast playing FO3 with them(with tweaked graphics to the max after editing *INI files). Why do I write about this? after reading about stimpacks in F:NV I tought that some dev had played some of mods or red about it, but hey, why stop? why not use more of that great ideas in mods that already work and make a (more) perfect retail game. With above mods I am no longer daft and invincible, if I broke a leg I need a medical brace and some knowledge and time to heal it or face penalties or a doctor, If I eat so much strong drugs at once I also get some penalties like blurred vision, tweaching and altered colors :) and if I travel light I can also sprint for a time limited by action points, camera shakes and player breathes hard from fatigue, travelling is now less boring and if in trouble I can use it to escape the enemy or cover better ground to fight back or with a perk that comes with it I can try to tackle him! if he is weaker will be put to the ground, giving me time or opportunity to deal with him(or I can still pick Bloody Mess perk that makes people loose all limbs if they got hit with a stick! ..nah), if my weapon worns out I don't have to find another exact same to repair it! I can use prepped repair kits or other similiar gun or junk, this adds more diversity and joy to combat, even more diversity adds Mart's Mutant Mod(MMM), making me really want those random encounters to happen! I even fixed that awfull floating screen and mouse lag (I play on PC) with Fallout Stutter Remover that limit frame rates instead of syncing them 'V-sync' (lots of HW taxing games suffer input lag by not having such a simple mechanism), that made me use VATS or Bullet time(which is superb imo.) even less often beacause now I could place all that headshots by my own hand. Concluding this lengthy post I like games that add diversity and randomness to casual, in game repetetive routines like for eg.travel, this adds a lot to percepting a game and it's world. It will be great if developers would add frame limiting option and maybe a bullet time instead or coegsisting with VATS, players playing on PC will be enthusiastic *If any dev reads this* (I know I will be excited, hey gamebryo engine game that is playable on a PC! ;) of course mods will come but it is already there, so why not use it. Now I get back to waiting for another 'better' (PC version) Fallout! Thanks.

12452180783761.jpg

Only with Mr Sandman perk you can kill unnoticed.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Howdy, Aram !

Did You just quoted all my post and added that pic to mock 'pc-gaming' beacause guy on it looks like he suffer's serious RSI syndrom from unhealthy body positions and could really use a friendly ophthalmologist advice right now, or is he 'having a blast' playing FO:3 with mods, or You just wanted to 'double-tap' Nepenthe that *suffers a critical hit from wall of text* ? btw. I hope Nepenthe will recover soon, some rad-away's might also be advisable. I meant no harm.

:lol: or hire a caravan to do so, and what if I travel light? should move faster, but not. I was like level 5 when things like this put me off but luckily I discovered a site and learned that FO3 is highly moddable and what do You know, It already has been! I am not much into eyecandy(besides EVE) so I searched for gameplay mechanics and found mods, namely Mart's Mutant Mod(MMM) Fallout Wanderers Edition(FWE) Weapon Mod Kits(WMK) Energy Visuals Enchanced(EVE), (they are mostly overhauls but works great together with FOIP patches) and I felt like I am being blessed, my prayers were answered etc. having blast playing FO3 with them(with tweaked graphics to the max after editing *INI files). Why do I write about this? after reading about stimpacks in F:NV I tought that some dev had played some of mods or red about it, but hey, why stop? why not use more of that great ideas in mods that already work and make a (more) perfect retail game. With above mods I am no longer daft and invincible, if I broke a leg I need a medical brace and some knowledge and time to heal it or face penalties or a doctor, If I eat so much strong drugs at once I also get some penalties like blurred vision, tweaching and altered colors :) and if I travel light I can also sprint for a time limited by action points, camera shakes and player breathes hard from fatigue, travelling is now less boring and if in trouble I can use it to escape the enemy or cover better ground to fight back or with a perk that comes with it I can try to tackle him! if he is weaker will be put to the ground, giving me time or opportunity to deal with him(or I can still pick Bloody Mess perk that makes people loose all limbs if they got hit with a stick! ..nah), if my weapon worns out I don't have to find another exact same to repair it! I can use prepped repair kits or other similiar gun or junk, this adds more diversity and joy to combat, even more diversity adds Mart's Mutant Mod(MMM), making me really want those random encounters to happen! I even fixed that awfull floating screen and mouse lag (I play on PC) with Fallout Stutter Remover that limit frame rates instead of syncing them 'V-sync' (lots of HW taxing games suffer input lag by not having such a simple mechanism), that made me use VATS or Bullet time(which is superb imo.) even less often beacause now I could place all that headshots by my own hand. Concluding this lengthy post I like games that add diversity and randomness to casual, in game repetetive routines like for eg.travel, this adds a lot to percepting a game and it's world. It will be great if developers would add frame limiting option and maybe a bullet time instead or coegsisting with VATS, players playing on PC will be enthusiastic *If any dev reads this* (I know I will be excited, hey gamebryo engine game that is playable on a PC! ;) of course mods will come but it is already there, so why not use it. Now I get back to waiting for another 'better' (PC version) Fallout! Thanks.

Right... Go on, by all means, do go on.

Moustache_Fat_Troll_Woman.jpg

Howdy, Aram !

Did You just quoted all my post and added that pic to mock 'pc-gaming' beacause guy on it looks like he suffer's serious RSI syndrom from unhealthy body positions and could really use a friendly ophthalmologist advice right now, or is he 'having a blast' playing FO:3 with mods, or You just wanted to 'double-tap' Nepenthe that *suffers a critical hit from wall of text* ? btw. I hope Nepenthe will recover soon, some rad-away's might also be advisable. I meant no harm.

ani-clapping.gif