Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

I can understand why no one wants to farm in the Capital Wasteland, when around level 20 Deathclaws start to appear outside Megaton.
No wonder they migrate south when you chase them out of their territory. Edited by Oner

take shower, use toilet, write report, talk to Liara via extranet,
Stop messing with my heeaaad!

You roleplay taking a dump. ....

You ought to get a kick out of this then

http://www.speech.sri.com/people/anand/toi...t/simulate.html

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

This is silly, and Mkreku is right. Stuff like this isn't needed, and it was barely if actually there in the early FOs. *shrug* There's a lot to complain about FO3 for but this isn't one of them. Mountain out of a molehill. Frivolous stuff.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I would agree that huge gaping chunks of FO3 make no sense, but it doesn't bother me. Most games make little or no sense, if you actually stop to think about them.

As long as the gameplay works, its all good.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

What about quest related NPC's? it kinda get's old in FO3 that almost everybody is so familiar with a player and open towards PC, (hey good to meet U! could U please deliver my life savings to there), what about NPC's that really dont trust a player or realy twisted ones that would demand some really strange things before fully cooperating with PC, like some strange old nerdy guy protecting his secret (a skill PC can learn perhaps) shouldn't be that trusting with uknown person that comes from a wastes and keep harassing him, so PC don't get a feeling that NPC's are flat and some way retarded.

Me thinks it is problem with global setting of the world being "family friendly" so We won't see a lynch on some thief caught in eg. Megaton, or a jail and NPC's starving in there even a riders doing their thing on some poor guy in some desolate place, what I mean that a bit darker setting would be great eg. some NPC being disliked in a town and getting names from other NPC's all the time, maybe a children harassing some poor animal, that kind of thing, also thing with factions like ppl from one town suffering water-shortage beacause other town had stolen eg. their water processor and got more water then they could possibly use, what do You think?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Au...lout:_New_Vegas

Info from the OXM US preview, much better written than the crappy OXM UK one.

* Character creation is virtually identical to Fallout 3, with cosmetic changes like the Gene Projector being replaced by ReflectionTM, "You're SPECIAL!" by Vit-o-Matic machine and GOAT by a psychological test

* The local super mutants are pretty tough and will keep you from wandering aimlessly in the early portions of the game - they tend to be tougher even than deathclaws

* Sunny Smiles' dog is named Cheyenne. They'll assist you with the Powder Gangers in the Ghost Town Firefight quest if you help her kill some geckos.

* The Varmint Rifle is a low-power .22 that does significant damage to limbs and has a high critical bonus

* If your Barter skill is high enough, Chet the shopkeeper give you the 9-Iron golf club and some weapon mods

* Every skill will have use in conversations at various points

* Each firearm has a maximum of three modification slots. Once you affix a mod to a gun, it's permanent. Hunting Rifle modification examples given are scope, custom action and extended clip.

* Temporary followers, like the Goodsprings folks that can help you defeat the Powder Gangers, will also be controlled through the companion wheel

* Concept art of Hoover Dam and screenshots of the Black Mountain radio tower and the character standing inside the mouth of Dinky the Dinosaur shown

* With high local reputation at Goodsprings, you'll get a free bed to sleep in and a discount at the store

* Neil, a super mutant who hates Tabitha, can help you storm the mountain

* Tabitha is actually a male super mutant gone completely insane

* "Skill magazines" you find in New Vegas will only temporarily boost your skills

* There's a rollercoaster in Primm

* The combat gameplay was tweaked to be more first-person-shootery

If there are no beard models for women in this game I will not buy it.

Or at least make the woman attractive-ish.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Quick question. I haven't been following the New Vegas thread(s), so this question might have been answered. If so, I apologize for the redundancy. I just got my PCGamer mag today, and it had a nice spread on Fallout: New Vegas. Thing is, it always referred to the main character as "he" and didn't note (as it usually does) that the PC could be either male or female. Can the PC be female, or is this the first Fallout where the PC is male only?

Quick question. I haven't been following the New Vegas thread(s), so this question might have been answered. If so, I apologize for the redundancy. I just got my PCGamer mag today, and it had a nice spread on Fallout: New Vegas. Thing is, it always referred to the main character as "he" and didn't note (as it usually does) that the PC could be either male or female. Can the PC be female, or is this the first Fallout where the PC is male only?

Male or female.

Male or female.

Yay! Thank you. I lost my faith for a moment. Forgive me. :lol:

Male or female.

Yay! Thank you. I lost my faith for a moment. Forgive me. :lol:

You actually got Josh to answer a game related question. :lol:

*faints*

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yeah, it doesn't, I'm wondering what gameplay advantage justified it - maybe they'll provide a really big boost, and you can use them in a tricky spot?

Good stuff, that's what the engine was made for. Hopefully there'll be some AI improvements as well for at least basic cover, grenading, flanking, etc and it'll be pretty fun.

Play Wanderer's Edition. Hardcore mode seems to take after it, Obsidz might have drawn from other aspects as well.

I am playing it right now, well mostly of a time beacause today dimonized body TYPE 3 'optional styles' took my atention if U know what I mean =), hope they include all FWE option's (EVE,MMM,Project Beauty-HD)... would be one epic gameplay!

That VATS is out, or that they actually shoot back rather than look at their shoes while you pop their mellons.

in FWE vats is optional to bullet time, and don't worry, they come prepared with shoes tied, at a begining I had problems surviving basic raiders spawn parties, combat is more deadly and knowig your cover spots during fire fight is important as they take cover alot, throwing grenades at You while others are flanking, pure fun!

What the hell does this mean?

I'd imagine it means they are trying to make Fallout 3 combat not suck this time around.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: