What you did today

Gorth

I am becoming angry. I am scheduled to board a plane at Dulles Intl., destined for Maui (with a layover in SanFran), at 8:20AM this Saturday.

Today, I read this:

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH

SATURDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING

THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...THIS STORM IS LIKELY TO PRODUCE 12 OR MORE

INCHES OF SNOW IN THE WATCH AREA...WITH A GOOD CHANCE FOR

LOCALIZED AMOUNTS OVER 20 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN LATE MORNING

FRIDAY...CONTINUING THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING

Found out the the next nvidia card will be the GTX 480 and not 380, wow like totally skipping generations for no reason, seriously makes me wanna nerd rage

It makes me irate as well. I just hope it doesn't mean that they're releasing a 3xx series this year, and saving Fermi for next year...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Taylor Swift has beautiful music.
You're just being a troll now.

Trolls love Taylor Swift! It's official!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

tomorrow is Waitangi Day, so for once i wont have to work on a saturday

so tonight after work i'm gonna be going to a parkour workshop thingy, then getting boozed with an ex i haven't hung out with in ages :shifty:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Women. I'm glad I finally picked up a good one because they sure were killing me.

Also, people send me stuff in Comic Sans or Papyrus all the time because they know I hate them. Haha.

I recently came to the conclusion (which I may have already mentioned) that to me women are as mountains to a mountain climber. One loves them, one strives for them, one will go to tremendous lengths to be near them. But the mountain climber does not live on a mountain.

To my great chagrin I read today that if I DID live on a mountain I would in fact be less fat.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthne...-slim-down.html

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm trying to find a way to raise $7000. :thumbsup:

Kidding.

I bought an engine for the Camaro last weekend. This weekend I get started rebuilding it!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I finished Mass Effect 2 and started it right the hell up again.

so tonight after work i'm gonna be going to a parkour workshop thingy, then getting boozed with an ex i haven't hung out with in ages :lol:

What is a "Waitangi Day"? Do you people just do the Wu-Tang all day?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

so tonight after work i'm gonna be going to a parkour workshop thingy, then getting boozed with an ex i haven't hung out with in ages :)

They celebrate the treaty of Waitangi which handed over the land of the Maoris to the English crown in return for English citizenship for the Maori. At least in theory. Problems arose when it turned out that there were differences between the copy written in English and the one translated into Maori. They still argue the technicalities of the treaty today, 170 years later :lol:

Effectively, it turned all of Kiwidom into an English province and is sort of a national day.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

So continuing with the family problems from earlier, after the "affluent" remark, my grandpa responded to his sister's demands for money. She says she wants it to pay for HER Jeep and a guy to shovel HER driveway. Somehow these things things are his responsibility. She was trying to force him into it by using what he said, "family helps family". He responded (with a great amount of wit I might add) that he had been taking care of the family for the past 40 years by letting them stay in his house rent-free for however long they wished. He has done this for six people in the past for a total of about 25 years. Right in the middle of this he had a house fire that destroyed everything they owned and they still allowed someone to stay with them in their new house without paying any rent. Currently there are two of my cousins staying at his house. He also pointed out that he came out here when he was 18 with his life savings (200 dollars) and built this life with none of their help. Her reply to this was "Why are you turning this into a pissing contest?". What? Really? Then she goes and tells her sister about it and she says something along the lines of "You really hurt her. You don't need to brag about your life. Not everyone is as lucky as you". That wasn't what he was saying at all. He was saying that he had done plenty of helping family and that there was no reason he should pay for those things.

Edited by awsomeness

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I finished off my taxes. California is really working the system, they dropped a ton of credits and put all sorts of limits on stuff, so I owe them about $500 but I'm getting a sizable return from the Federal government. Enough to cover my property tax and a few bills, but not enough to send $7k to GD :lol:

I've got Saturday school tomorrow so early to bed.

so tonight after work i'm gonna be going to a parkour workshop thingy, then getting boozed with an ex i haven't hung out with in ages :)

They celebrate the treaty of Waitangi which handed over the land of the Maoris to the English crown in return for English citizenship for the Maori. At least in theory. Problems arose when it turned out that there were differences between the copy written in English and the one translated into Maori. They still argue the technicalities of the treaty today, 170 years later :lol:

Effectively, it turned all of Kiwidom into an English province and is sort of a national day.

Ahh... I like my version better... :) Just imagine, a holiday devoted to doing the Wu-Tang...

Check out my gravel pit... Unh unh

-Elwood Blues

Today I learned about the DOT year-manufactured code on car tires. Of course I learned this right after I bought new tires during some other auto work I had done last week. When I checked, apparently my 'new' tires were made in 2000. :)

Don't expect 3 month old tires out of shop this day & age, 2-4 yrs would've been fine, but 10 years is a bit much! The funny thing is the guy at the Subaru dealership mechanic shop was chiding me for not having changed my tires in 10 years and how dangerous that was even tho I didn't have that many miles on them/they had tread etc. So then they put 10 year old tires on my car & charge me 450 bucks for em. HAHAHA (that's cryin' laughter...) Back to the shop I go to do some chiding of my own....

P.S. In case you're like me & didn't know, the issue is that even if tires are new in sense of having 0 miles on them, the rubber over time/ even in storage gets old & more easily separates, making them less durable & possibly less safe.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just got my acceptance letter to Rutgers University. It's probably the best school in New Jersey (or TCNJ) so I'm pretty stoked. In a few months I'll be the second Obsid kid to grow up on this forum and then leave it and never talk to anyone again (cough, thepixiesrock, cough)

Just got my acceptance letter to Rutgers University. It's probably the best school in New Jersey (or TCNJ) so I'm pretty stoked. In a few months I'll be the second Obsid kid to grow up on this forum and then leave it and never talk to anyone again (cough, thepixiesrock, cough)

I think that happened with that Ender kid too.

Congrats Krook, you going to play Ice Hockey in college?

It's probably the best school in New Jersey (or TCNJ) so I'm pretty stoked.

Errmm... Unless I'm mistaken (and I'm not), Princeton's in Jersey...

Congrats, though...

It's probably the best school in New Jersey (or TCNJ) so I'm pretty stoked.

Errmm... Unless I'm mistaken (and I'm not), Princeton's in Jersey...

Congrats, though...

Wasn't really including private schools, but thanks for the heads up Collegeboard

Edited by Krookie

It's fething snowing again! WTF, England?

-Elwood Blues

It's fething snowing again! WTF, England?

I can recommend down under as a winter resort. It is 21:15 and the temperature is 28C outside :deadhorse:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Congrats Krookie, thats great!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Today I thought about posting on the Obsidian forums.

Been a long time since I posted here (uhm if you discount some posts I did last week). It's weird how, after months or years after having been part of a community, I move away and kinda slip into this total eclipse of the mind. I posted here recently because numbers man left a comment in my profile. Numbers man! A guy I vigorously argued with and against in the past. Which is awesome, in a way. I keep wondering what is it that moves me towards, and pushes me away from people and communities. The other day I dropped by the Codex and it's like an assembly line of aligators which, upon smelling blood on the water, go Mel Gibson or Christian Bale on people. On the other hand I had some nice moments there. But I've yet to feel like going back. I don't actually have that much time for myself nowadays but I still do my best to look around places I used to visit. Why do I go away, though? I didn't had a heart to tell Sun-Ha my hard drive had three consecutive failures, totally laying to waste my NWN2 mod. Metadigital went away. Llyranor is apparently no longer a jerk. Volo still is (lolz). Gromnir still role-plays. Is Gabs still around? Obsidian back into Fallout? With all of this stuff I still manage to get sidetracked from here, and other places with a great story behind them are also somewhat forgotten. Still can't understand what's wrong with me.

Today I thought about posting on the Obsidian forums. That is all.

Congrats!

In anticipation of tomorrows crapton of snow (10-12"), Ive submitted for the day off. Also, I hate Chicago.