What you did today

Gorth

Now that I have a smartphone (The Droid) I just don't see the point in the IPad. The only thing I can really think of using it for would be a book reader, which I would rather get the Barnes and Noble one if I went that way.

I spent the weekend being sick and watching new Doctor Who. Being sick sucks, new Doctor Who was amazing. Matt Smith is a natural. Karen Gillian is stunning and much better actress than I thought she would be. This is gonna be a hell of a season!

Agree on all counts! :o

I was bored with Doctor Who, to the point where I didn't bother watching any of the episodes from season 4. My interest has regained. :)

Season 4 had 3 good episodes - Moffat's "Silence in the library" & "Forest of the dead" and, immediately following it, great, RTD written(gasp, i know!) episode called "Midnight"

EDIT: About iPad. I really wanted to hate it, but then I got a chance to play with my boss's one and was amazed with how beautiful and responsive the screen is. Time magazine was frigging amazing, Marvel app looked fantastic, photos and videos were breathtaking. Seriously, this thing seems to be crap right until you get to hold one. I tried reading couple of pages of a book, and while the backlight was too bright for comfortable reading, there was a handy slider to adjust it.

Now, I'm NOT going to buy it. Right now, that is. I want to see where it goes first. I want it lighter, with stereo sound and a camera. Which means that I'll probably have to wait for third generation or so(which is what I did with an iPhone) but at least now I see a clear use for it in my home and understand a reason to buy it.

Edited by vault_overseer

Just got back from an easter weekend in Prague. The beer was not only dead cheap, it was amazing. And the girls wore tube tops. Enough said.

I wish every American who drinks that piss Budweiser at least once in their life got to taste Budweiser Budwar.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I wish every American who drinks that piss Budweiser at least once in their life got to taste Budweiser Budwar.

While its true that there is a lot of bad beer in the US (and people who drink it), the microbrew business is huge as well.

I can walk down the street to the grocery store and have my choice of such a huge variety of US beer brewed by small companies all ovber the country that the stereotype of the American who has 0 taste in beer is now somewhat dated.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Just got back from an easter weekend in Prague. The beer was not only dead cheap, it was amazing. And the girls wore tube tops. Enough said.

That's easy, go to Binny's and buy them a Czechvar, that's its american name.

Edited by vault_overseer

Today, I had a semi-official job interview at a semi-professional game dev company. Will see what happens next...

Oh, also today I finally started actually posting after 3 days of being lost in old threads. Man, you guys are chatty... :(

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Thread getting a bit long. More deeds done Here

o:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein