What you did today

Gorth

I went to Nashville w/ GF over the weekend. Her teenage sister stayed at my house to watch the dogs. Lets just say she was not up to the task. I think they locked her in the closet and had a party this weekend. Nashville was fun. We spent a lot of time hanging out in the bars on Music Row. She is really into country music and she actually knew some of the performers there. No one I'd ever heard of but it was a great time.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Completely bizarre last two days. Valentine's I went to hang out with the girl I like at this bar/restaurant with her friends. Odd evening, about 10 seats, 5 to the left of me: mexican frat guys want nothing to do with me, to the right: girl, sorority sister, real sister, 2 random dudes 1 who never said a word and just eyed me for about 2 hours and another guy and his girlfriend who were really cool. So I was basically in the middle of a shi- storm of frat talk, inside jokes, stuff about people I don't know, awkwardly long silences, I was the only white guy there and only knew one person out of like 12 others and to top it off music just under obnoxiously loud. Somehow against all odds I held my own.

But that's not really where this story lies, while there I met this dude stopping by from out of town who basically said he'd hook me up with a bunch of internship opportunities so naturally I was pretty stoked. I gave him my number and he texted me there. No reception so I received it about 45 minutes later when seating arrangements changed. Pretty standard message but at the end...a smiley face. Scratched my head, unable to comprehend a scenario in which this would be acceptable but I just chalked it up to him being friendly, maybe it was just his deal or something. So today I text him and was like so whats up with this stuff and he's like "hey buddy :*, etc etc lets meet so i can set you up", so now I'm like ok wth another smiley face is this guy gay?...Whatever I could really use an internship so I'll let it slide. He then proceeds to try and meet me at my home but i deny and say school instead which is a 20 minute drive for me. 7 texts later, every single one with a smiley and I'm there, but not before he calls me checking in... We meet and within 2 seconds I'm in this bizarre walking interview, he's asking me and dissecting my response to how I got into accounting and if I love it or not and then asking me about if my room is clean and how my socks are and just weird stuff. Finally we get to the library and basically goes to 4 websites and we spend an hour and a half doing what could have been done in a single text. I'm pretty pissed off becuase I could have been studying or at least done something mildly rewarding like touching myself.

Everyone sucks. Everything sucks. It's all a god damn travesty. I'm angry. Spent too long writing this crap too that no ones going to read.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I think Slugs deserves sympathetic reponses. Going out of Valentines with a likely lass, and coming home with an unwelcome stalker is bloody bad luck. Indeed so much so I wonder if this bloke is actually fairly innocuous. I mean, if he was truly chickenhawking you surely he'd have spun it out more? Just taking you to see websites seems a bit buffhanded.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Completely bizarre last two days. Valentine's I went to hang out with the girl I like at this bar/restaurant with her friends. Odd evening, about 10 seats, 5 to the left of me: mexican frat guys want nothing to do with me, to the right: girl, sorority sister, real sister, 2 random dudes 1 who never said a word and just eyed me for about 2 hours and another guy and his girlfriend who were really cool. So I was basically in the middle of a shi- storm of frat talk, inside jokes, stuff about people I don't know, awkwardly long silences, I was the only white guy there and only knew one person out of like 12 others and to top it off music just under obnoxiously loud. Somehow against all odds I held my own.

But that's not really where this story lies, while there I met this dude stopping by from out of town who basically said he'd hook me up with a bunch of internship opportunities so naturally I was pretty stoked. I gave him my number and he texted me there. No reception so I received it about 45 minutes later when seating arrangements changed. Pretty standard message but at the end...a smiley face. Scratched my head, unable to comprehend a scenario in which this would be acceptable but I just chalked it up to him being friendly, maybe it was just his deal or something. So today I text him and was like so whats up with this stuff and he's like "hey buddy :), etc etc lets meet so i can set you up", so now I'm like ok wth another smiley face is this guy gay?...Whatever I could really use an internship so I'll let it slide. He then proceeds to try and meet me at my home but i deny and say school instead which is a 20 minute drive for me. 7 texts later, every single one with a smiley and I'm there, but not before he calls me checking in... We meet and within 2 seconds I'm in this bizarre walking interview, he's asking me and dissecting my response to how I got into accounting and if I love it or not and then asking me about if my room is clean and how my socks are and just weird stuff. Finally we get to the library and basically goes to 4 websites and we spend an hour and a half doing what could have been done in a single text. I'm pretty pissed off becuase I could have been studying or at least done something mildly rewarding like touching myself.

Everyone sucks. Everything sucks. It's all a god damn travesty. I'm angry. Spent too long writing this crap too that no ones going to read.

tl;dr

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

planning party at my place for sometime this weekend

there's already 2 parties i'm supposed to be going to, and considering i only have a 2 bedroom place i'll have to pick and choose who to invite. i know far too many people :thumbsup:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

planning party at my place for sometime this weekend

there's already 2 parties i'm supposed to be going to, and considering i only have a 2 bedroom place i'll have to pick and choose who to invite. i know far too many people :thumbsup:

Every time I read your posts I feel more and more like Gordon Brown.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

ts;dr

theslug;didn'tread -_-

I like this.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

just ordered a mounting bracket for my ssd, damn i'm so pimpin now

Link me to the SSD. I'm thinking of getting one too.

the price per gb is crazy but, these aren't really meant for capacity

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...7-025-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...7-023-_-Product

I've finished rebuilding the engine on the Camaro. This weekend I'll take my first shot at mounting it if I can get someone to help me.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Went to class this morning, freaked out because we had my old phil teacher subbing for my current one (the old one was the one who had to curve the grade so hard that an F became a C). Then went to my night class to find that my teacher decided not to show up (after the entire class waited for 15 minutes), so we just posted a roll on the door and took off.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Played K1. Reflected on how much IWTK3. Fail, Bio/Obsidian/LA. I hate you all... Sort of...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I've finished rebuilding the engine on the Camaro. This weekend I'll take my first shot at mounting it if I can get someone to help me.

That was fast, didnt need much work?

The original engine was shot. The one I bought in Birmingham was in better shape. It needed new valves, stems, springs, had the valve seats remachined, new cam shaft & bearings, new front and rear seals, new pump, had the pistons remachined, plus I scrubbed the block and manifold with dry solvent and simple green (not together obviously). I worked on it every night for over two weeks now. I can't remember enjoying something more.

I've got to say, and it may sound corny or just nuts but ever since I lost my job with AT&T, and then the accident I've just plunged into this really bad... I don't know, funk or depression I guess. There was definitely something missing in my life. I don't think restoring this car is the answer but it has sure made a nice band-aid.

Thomas Sowell

Fail, Bio/Obsidian/LA. I hate you all... Sort of...

Yeah... That doesn't make any sense. Obsidian has nothing to do with TOR and BioWare is only making it because they are being paid to make it. If you want to be mad at something be mad at Lucas Arts.

:shifty:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Being the nerd that I am, I'm on the knowledge bowl team at my school. Today we went to a small practice competition. We did terribly. But it was fun anyway.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Fail, Bio/Obsidian/LA. I hate you all... Sort of...

Yeah... That doesn't make any sense. Obsidian has nothing to do with TOR and BioWare is only making it because they are being paid to make it. If you want to be mad at something be mad at Lucas Arts.

:ermm:

Hence the "sort of" that was directed at Bio and Obsidian.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS