What you did today

Gorth

today i decided to dust one of the intake fans on my computer (which was absurdly dusty btw), and then when i put it back and it made noises, so I had to take off the front part and put it back and the noises stopped, I also got bioshock 2 which is meh and it feels more like an expansion to bioshock 1

I got a 2260.

Tomorrow I get my SAT scores back. So, today I panicked.

SATs = a joke

all strategy, not to mention you can take them as many times as you want. they are a horrible measure of intellect IMO

you shouldn't be worried unless you didn't prepare for them. the only excuse for not doing well is not putting in the effort to get a good score.

I'm worried because i need to beat my archrival... which I didn't... So I'm retaking it...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

I totally don't get the SAT scoring system anymore. I thought 1600 was a perfect score? I got 1130 back in the day, fairly average. I just took it the one time, I figured my grades and extracurriculars were good enough to get me where I wanted to go, and they were.

SATs = a joke

all strategy, not to mention you can take them as many times as you want. they are a horrible measure of intellect IMO

you shouldn't be worried unless you didn't prepare for them. the only excuse for not doing well is not putting in the effort to get a good score.

Pffft, prepare? For the SAT?

SAT's are a joke. I didn't do an ounce of studying and got a 2220 (1490 on the old scoring system, which is only the reading and math sections).

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

SAT's are a joke. I didn't do an ounce of studying and got a 2220 (1490 on the old scoring system, which is only the reading and math sections).

Well you clearly didn't have to prepare. I did, took an a half-hour SAT course three times a week and got a 2250 (my second time at least). The courses brought my score up from a 2100 to a 2250 so I'd say they were worth it.

Well you clearly didn't have to prepare. I did, took an a half-hour SAT course three times a week and got a 2250 (my second time at least). The courses brought my score up from a 2100 to a 2250 so I'd say they were worth it.

Variation above 2100 or so is, as far as I can tell, more or less random. I have a friend who took it twice doing absolutely nothing different whose score went up from 2100 to a 2390. Besides, colleges don't care much. 99th percentile is 99th percentile.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Not to put too fine a point on it: FETH psychometrics. Feth them right in the ear.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I try to make a point of not drinking too much before 7 pm. I blew that tonight. I knocked off work early today and stopped at the VFW on the way home. I ended up sraying there too long and drinking too much. One of guys gave me a lift home. I don't know how I'm getting over there in the morning to get my truck and go to work. Sounds like a sick day to me. Anywho, I'm going out to the back porch with a 12-pack of Icehouse and an ipod loaded with George Strait and Little Feat songs. Tonight I'm gonna teach the dogs and coyotes to sing!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I got a 2260.

SATs = a joke

I'm worried because i need to beat my archrival... which I didn't... So I'm retaking it...

"archrival"? how old are you buddy

I got a 2260.

SATs = a joke

"archrival"? how old are you buddy

He is taking his SAT, just how old you think?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Tonight I'm gonna teach the dogs and coyotes to sing!

And that's the last we heard of Guard Dog.

LOL. If your bones and joints can take it you should go for a run. Best hangover cure ever.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Anyone else notice that technology is at a standstill? I mean I haven't upgraded my computer in a year, and new games still run very fast on my machine

In fact scientific studies have proven that it is YOU who are getting slower. The games merely seem to be passing at high speed.

-Elwood Blues

Anyone else notice that technology is at a standstill? I mean I haven't upgraded my computer in a year, and new games still run very fast on my machine

In fact scientific studies have proven that it is YOU who are getting slower. The games merely seem to be passing at high speed.

haha maybe that's what's going on :woot:

Me: Ooh, holographic ultra-chess.

Youth: That's a parking meter.

-Elwood Blues

I agree, and with every pc game being a console port, then of course it's all going to run fast. I mean c'mon, I wanna see a game that will make me wanna upgrade to a i7 already!

I'm not. I can't afford to!

-Elwood Blues

lol neither can i at the moment, been pretty broke lately, but will be fun too see what a game can do with the latest computer tech

You are correct. Ths is another good reason to have a well employed tech geek friend who can chowcase all that stuff. Mine just bought a 3d monitor. It's really very cool. Makes shooters a doddle.

*thinks*

3D... Hmmm....

-Elwood Blues

I made it as far as 1500 before my mood totally imploded. You know the song Paint it Black, by the Rolling Stones? That's me.

EDIT - BREAKING NEWS

GOD that's bloody weird. I just checked my email and found an email from my girlfriend busting up with me timed just before 1500.

I'm still bummed out, but I'm cheered up by the thought that I haven't wasted a small fortune on champagne and fine food, which I was just off to buy!

HAPPY VALENTINES ALL

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues