Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

It reads almost exactly like a fan fiction story on Final Fantasy I used to read when I was ten, actually.

Perhaps warrants a place on the Disney channel.

I enjoyed it. :down:

I personally avoid using the abilities that exist only to manage aggro.

With all the other options available to you, it's never necessary to use those abilities, not even on Nightmare difficulty.

I find it much more fun to control the battlefield by relying on positioning. And by positioning, I don't mean a static wall of meatshields. Combat is usually much more dynamic than that. My squishies kite the enemy fighters and move out of line of sight of enemy archers. My melee party members take an active role, intercepting, body blocking, and using slowdowns, stuns, and knockdowns.

The party coordinates their movement so that, for example, friendly targets are conveniently out of the way and hostile targets are bunched up just as friendly-fire area-effect spells become ready.

If you prefer a more hands-off approach rather than controlling the individual movements and ability use of all your party members, then the aggro management abilities can help make that easier. It's up to you.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

The 'interview' with the imaginary NPCs was cringe-worthy, self-indulgent and embarrassing. I lasted about two paragraphs.

Stop it Bioware.

Well, you can't argue with a degree in Creative Writing. :down:

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The 'interview' with the imaginary NPCs was cringe-worthy, self-indulgent and embarrassing. I lasted about two paragraphs.

Stop it Bioware.

I found the interview very funny, sarcastic and a great insight into what it takes to developer at Bioware - a great deal of insaity ;) apparently - trying to get all the characters in your head(s) down in paper.

The interview were indeed meant as some kind og 'joke' as well as proving insight into Wynne's and Sten's characters; we know that Sten does not want to be a fish at all --- talk about thinking outside the box....

I've always suspected that it would help a lot to be just a little mad (with very flamboyant ideas) when working for Bioware; the interview proves me correct in this assumption.

It is very rare, unique, creative to be able to pull off an interview with characters in the game - and still take it seriously - but not too seriously.

I laughed a lot, at any rate - or shuld I say at any Sten :):down::down:

Edited by aries101

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Hey, nice picture. From left to right:

1. Oghren

2. Leliana

3. Morrigan

4. PC?

5. Dog

6. Alistair

7. Wynne

8. Zevran

Sten is AWOL

Edited by Slinky

I guess it helps if you've been following the game on the BioWare forums... seemed all in-jokes to me. I didn't get anything of it.

Yeah, you should read their replies to posters on the DA boards. Its all about how smarmy they can be first, actual useful answers a distant second.

Horrible interview. I'm not buying the game anymore. Ok I'll still buy it but I won't like it.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

That is one ugly dog.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

That's also an ugly dog.

Why can't it be a german shepherd? Those are menacing and badass.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Why can't it be a german shepherd? Those are menacing and badass.

This.

I used to have four of them in my house when I was younger (my dad was in K-9 division of police force.) One of them bit me for reasons unknown... it was horrible.