Dragon Age Origins

Gorth

Imoen became dark & gritty. She now kills people out-of-the-blue for no apparent reason. I'm afraid for such a trigger-happy companion in my party. I want rational, disciplined beings, not psychotics or emotionally tortured ones... hence I'll most likely use the dog, Wynne & the qunari.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Imoen became dark & gritty. She now kills people out-of-the-blue for no apparent reason. I'm afraid for such a trigger-happy companion in my party. I want rational, disciplined beings, not psychotics or emotionally tortured ones... hence I'll most likely use the dog, Wynne & the qunari.

As I see it, the character is nothing like Imoen except for the looks and class. From what I've read on Leliana, she's pretty much yawn inducing like the rest of the DA cast.

Trust me, if the dog could speak he'd tell you all about his traumatic experiences as a puppy and how that led to him using anabolic steroids today.

Edited by RPGmasterBoo

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

Trust me, if the dog could speak he'd tell you all about his traumatic experiences as a puppy and how that led to him using anabolic steroids today.
xD But he can't, and that's why he's cool.

We have Wynne, the experienced and respected mage who believes in the Circle; Morrigan, the power hungry apostate with mysterious goals; and Leliana, the sweet and girly rogue trying to make up for her past. I think it's a good mix of female personalities.

Dog is a dog. We know nothing about Shale, the war golem.

For guys, we have the irreverent 'normal guy' in Alister, the samurai like (stoic, philosophical warrior) Sten, and the rough and tumble Oghran. I have no idea what Zevran is supposed to be like, he might be a 'flaming queen'

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

How much lamer can Bioware get?

Actually its the only thing I like about Dragons Age so far, don't see what's wrong with it. I still won't play the game but the "return" of Imoen is a nice touch.

I have had enough of Bioware recycling the same characters and story time and again...

Is it so hard to be creative? Actually, that is why I was trying like a madman to get The Black Hound released. This game at least showed some promise and originality... Too bad it was canned...

post-727-1252925895_thumb.jpg

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Erm, Sky is nothing like Carth and neither of them are like cleric dude.

Quite true, because unless I'm mistaken Carth never got the hots for my male PC. The only link between them is that both of their wives died. For whatever reason Carth is the joke of this forum. Carth and Kaidan are similar though, but would people say that if he was voiced by Simon Templeton? Probably not.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but I do believe these characters are awfully bland, cliche and look similar in many ways.

Another example of character recycling is Aribeth->Bastila->Wu the Lotus Blossom->Ashley Williams I guess (I haven't played the game)

Moreover, it's always the same story for all characters, they were tortured by life (lost wings, father, wife, or whatever else).

Even the main storyline is the same: some great ancient evil has resurfaced. Even DA uses that plot...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion, but I do believe these characters are awfully bland, cliche and look similar in many ways.

Another example of character recycling is Aribeth->Bastila->Wu the Lotus Blossom->Ashley Williams I guess (I haven't played the game)

Moreover, it's always the same story for all characters, they were tortured by life (lost wings, father, wife, or whatever else).

Even the main storyline is the same: some great ancient evil has resurfaced. Even DA uses that plot...

Wu the Lotus Blossom is one of the female PC models.

So what great and ancient evil resurfaced in Jade Empire?

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

How much lamer can Bioware get?

I'm sold. I actually didn't see how similar they were as I used BG1 portaits on my latest run. Imoen could be concept art for the DA character if I didn't know better. Yeah, Carth and Kaidan could have been just updated model and I guess Anomen fits into lineage too (don't know about JE as I havent played it).

I don't mind (except in Carth and Kaidan case it was way too obvious and both were horrible characters with same VO) recycling same characters if it reduces costs or development time but in general it would be good to see more original characters.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

am not minding that you folks don't like the bio characters... though you ain't got near 'nuff to judge. the thing that we find irksome is those 'mongst you who laud obsidian characters, but slam bio. am not sure how many times we has heard how fantastic chrisA is as a writer. fine... but if lack o' originality bothers you, then fact that ravel has made an appearance in every obsidian game since ps:t should be worth comment. fall-from-grace is the redeemed whore and mystery-that-is-woman character. nordom didn't exactly inspire with growth... had more lines than bio's hk-47, but served same comic relief function. gann? jolly rogue womanizer with mommy issues? similarly, who woulda' given a damn 'bout dove character if she had been human, 'cause the paladin type who figuratively sees world black & white is made interesting by making literal see black & white... and adding wings? that blind sith in kotor2 with her fortune-cookie dialogues that could be exhausted in your first on-ship conversation, were a real fantastic example o' character development.

am not minding if you folks pre-judge characters without playing game... 'cause that is what people do. some o' you has already decided that you like or dislike da so it genuine won't make much difference once you plays game. you already gots mind made up and the actual play experience will justify your deciscion regardless. even so, some o' you folks prove to Gromnir why we loathe the gaming community. originality o' characters for you is based not on what they says or do in game, but rather is based on physical character design and a 3-line summary. make an amorphos blob with mpd from different dimension the new love interest and no doubt you peoples would think is kewl, regardless o' how actually developed.

bah.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

but I haven't seen (or just don't remember) anyone complaining about Wynne for instance.

Just wait until bio releases a trailer that has more of Wynne, and then check back here :sorcerer:

but I haven't seen (or just don't remember) anyone complaining about Wynne for instance.

Just wait until bio releases a trailer that has more of Wynne, and then check back here :)

There is a trailer available already. :p

Just wait until bio releases a trailer that has more of Wynne, and then check back here :)

It's an older woman. Kreia rip-off!

There's a guy on the BioBoards who claim Dragon Age is a Halo clone. At least no one here is that bad. :p

am not minding that you folks don't like the bio characters... though you ain't got near 'nuff to judge. the thing that we find irksome is those 'mongst you who laud obsidian characters, but slam bio. am not sure how many times we has heard how fantastic chrisA is as a writer. fine... but if lack o' originality bothers you, then fact that ravel has made an appearance in every obsidian game since ps:t should be worth comment. fall-from-grace is the redeemed whore and mystery-that-is-woman character. nordom didn't exactly inspire with growth... had more lines than bio's hk-47, but served same comic relief function. gann? jolly rogue womanizer with mommy issues? similarly, who woulda' given a damn 'bout dove character if she had been human, 'cause the paladin type who figuratively sees world black & white is made interesting by making literal see black & white... and adding wings? that blind sith in kotor2 with her fortune-cookie dialogues that could be exhausted in your first on-ship conversation, were a real fantastic example o' character development.

am not minding if you folks pre-judge characters without playing game... 'cause that is what people do. some o' you has already decided that you like or dislike da so it genuine won't make much difference once you plays game. you already gots mind made up and the actual play experience will justify your deciscion regardless. even so, some o' you folks prove to Gromnir why we loathe the gaming community. originality o' characters for you is based not on what they says or do in game, but rather is based on physical character design and a 3-line summary. make an amorphos blob with mpd from different dimension the new love interest and no doubt you peoples would think is kewl, regardless o' how actually developed.

bah.

HA! Good Fun!

You're mellowing Grom, admit it.

sonsofgygax.JPG

There's a guy on the BioBoards who claims Dragon Age is a Halo clone. At least no one here is that bad. :p

Link please.

Only way this has a chance at GOTY is if its a Biowares Game Of The Year Award. No advertising. Many better looking games out. And even worse a Halo clone.

http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html...1&forum=135