What you did today

Darque

met up with a friend and her boyfriend yesterday for a coffee

were organising my costume for his photography project, when all of a sudden she announced she was feeling sick and went off to the bathroom

he and i kept chatting away and after a while noticed she still wasn't back, so he went to check on her and she was pretty much passed out in the bathroom

she has a heart condition so naturally we were both a bit freaked out and were trying to make sure she was okay. i ended up staying with her and trying to get her to stay conscious while he called an ambulance and let the cafe staff know what was going on

after it turned up i went by her boyfriends flat to let his flatmates know what was going on (the two of them were supposed to be making dinner for the flat that night) and they ended up making me a cup of tea to try and calm me down

was really nervous and freaked out for the rest of the night waiting to hear what was going on and wondering if i should head out to the hospital, but she ended up txting me a few hours later saying thanks for helping out and that she's gonna make me heart shaped cookies as a thank you - i'm just glad she's okay :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I passed on the job opportunity today. For the first time in years I'm pretty happy with my situation. For the first time ever, money is not everything. It just goes to show how your values change as you get older. A few years ago I'd have backstabbed my own mother for a shot like that. :)

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I have a female friend who's into morphophilia. ;)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I bought more concrete paver stones today, which weigh a dense 20lbs+ for foot square blocks. 20-40lbs is no big deal for me if it's in an easy arm-leverage item like a bag of cat litter, but my arthritic knuckles/wrists are screaming from clutching their narrow edges in a claw grip while lifting and hauling them. I suppose I should've taken my husband, like last time. Silly me. I tell you, it sure is hard to admit to yourself sometimes that you can't do everything you used to be able to....at least not without a few days of consequence.

Not that I don't I like my age. I'm actually loving my 40's the most, so far. It's an awesome time, and it's only getting better. Just don't love my hands. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I have a female friend who's into morphophilia. :thumbsup:

Hrm, the first Google hit for that word takes us to the Gay Slang Dictionary which states:

morphophilia

colloq.

For persons with this fetish, peculiar body shapes and sizes, such as obese persons, short persons, dwarfism, etc., are sexually arousing.

Why is that associated with gays? Cant anyone have that fetish?

For the first time in years I'm pretty happy with my situation. For the first time ever, money is not everything. It just goes to show how your values change as you get older.

Good man :thumbsup:

Maybe we should start a club...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have a female friend who's into morphophilia. :lol:

Hrm, the first Google hit for that word takes us to the Gay Slang Dictionary which states:

morphophilia

colloq.

For persons with this fetish, peculiar body shapes and sizes, such as obese persons, short persons, dwarfism, etc., are sexually arousing.

Why is that associated with gays? Cant anyone have that fetish?

Oddly enough, I think of it as more associated with humans than any sub division. Animals wouldn't go for that because they don't want to drop the chances of their kids dying because of bad genes

Almost lost my lunch today when we watched a video in human sexuality about how different cultures express certain erogonous zones. Particularly the bit about footbinding and the african tribes who try to make their lower lips utterly MASSIVE with friggin coins etc.

The things people do to attract mates.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

:lol: You reminded me that in Thailand - back when it was more prudish - you didn't even get to hold hands or kiss your girlfriend. You just held your faces about a hair's breadth apart, and smelled them. More fun than it may sound. *happy reminisce*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i just got home and im already drunk and im looking around and realised i have a dozen beers, a bottle of whiskey, and a bottle of wine

if i drink that too i'm gonna be a compelte mess at wrok tomrorow

work drinks are aewsome - already gone trhough about a dozen beers and cake! they had cake! and pizza :lol:

I had to organise a work 'do' once. I insisted on getting good wine, and it was so delicious I drank too much. On the way home I fell asleep in front of the police station. They were very nice about it.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

[sigh] The mom has swine flu. She's doing ok, but i think i might be coming down with it too. heck.

Get well soon. :wowey:

I am rigging a 3D model at work (rigging is putting a skeleton in and making sure body parts deform properly when moving, for those not in the know). Except I've been working on this model for like two weeks and I am really bummed out on it and I cannot bring myself to work on it properly. TVtropes isn't helping. :D

Today I am pleased that 100 California state parks will not be closing. I'd rather have dirtier bathrooms and picnic areas than outright closure.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Up betimes, and had a big full Englsih breakfast at a cafe. Read textbooks. Played far too much civilisation. Rang people to check on projects. Cooked curry, friend came round, we ate curry, listened to comedy on the radio and talked particle physics. Drank a couple of beers.

-Elwood Blues

at work suprisingly NOT hungover from last night

the gig was really good - all 3 bands were really awesome

got an ex pissed off at me by being a bit too honest with her, and successfully avoided the crazy looking girl eyeing up every single guy in the bar

also got a bit baffled at the vocalist from one of the bands knowing my name and who i am - even though i've never met the dude

my reputation preceeds me - not sure if it's a good thing though :)

Jags is back man! all hail the king of sex, drugs, and rock and roll

By 'King' I presume you mean he is unrepresentative, anachronistic, and rich on the blood of the workers?

-Elwood Blues

[sigh] The mom has swine flu. She's doing ok, but i think i might be coming down with it too. heck.

Get well soon. :)

I am rigging a 3D model at work (rigging is putting a skeleton in and making sure body parts deform properly when moving, for those not in the know). Except I've been working on this model for like two weeks and I am really bummed out on it and I cannot bring myself to work on it properly. TVtropes isn't helping. :D

Thank you. As a matter of fact, i feel great! No fever, slight headache(normal for me), no nausea. Tamaflu works well, first time i took it my fever went down from 102f to 98.8f. If it is true that after 24 hours without a fever you are not contagious, than mom is okay(she also has a cold), and at 7:00 i will be ok too.

need sleep

went out to gig on friday night - worked saturday morning

went out to a party on saturday night - worked sunday morning

went round to the flat the party had been at after work on sunday to pick up stuff i left behind - ended up staying really late and making dinner and watching movies

so now it's monday morning and i think i've had about 5 hours sleep total since i woke up on friday :facepalm:

If it is true that after 24 hours without a fever you are not contagious, than mom is okay(she also has a cold), and at 7:00 i will be ok too.

uh, that's 24 hours without the help of drugs.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

My otherwise excellent monitor is giving up on me. Way too premature :)

Now I have to go through all the hassle of warranty and shipping and... I hate it, why can't that piece of junk just work? :lol:

Not to mention that when I ship it off, I have to use my old microscopically small 19" monitor.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My otherwise excellent monitor is giving up on me. Way too premature :(

Now I have to go through all the hassle of warranty and shipping and... I hate it, why can't that piece of junk just work? :x

Not to mention that when I ship it off, I have to use my old microscopically small 19" monitor.

I hear you, brother. I also hate it when that happens.

-Elwood Blues