What you did today

Darque

I've got a Honda Civic as my main car at the moment. As for motorcycles, what kind did you get Gorth? I've driven BMW bikes a little and that's about it so, yeah, not much help there... :ermm:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

I've got a Honda Civic as my main car at the moment. As for motorcycles, what kind did you get Gorth? I've driven BMW bikes a little and that's about it so, yeah, not much help there... :ermm:

As a n00b, there are limits to what you can drive in Australia (engine performance). Makes sense too. Even if I am a bit old for a beginner :)

A new Honda CB400 (2009 model). Looked like the most likely candidate to be a low maintenance thing and not kill me outright on my first few kilometers.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

As to GD's comment, how much did that car cost you?

$800. Engine was shot. I bought a rebuild kit and a new carbuerator and 4 new tires for $500 so all told I had $1300 in it by the time it was drivable. My dad and I did all the work. Whatever I know about auto mechanics today I learned from him.

My point was mainly that for comparable money he'd get something probably in the same ballpark in terms of workability, but he probably couldn't rebuild his car because of all the tech that's in there now a days.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My point was mainly that for comparable money he'd get something probably in the same ballpark in terms of workability, but he probably couldn't rebuild his car because of all the tech that's in there now a days.

Good point. He probably could not. The days of shade tree mechanics are long gone. Heck I don't even do my own oil changes anyome. It costs more to buy the filter and oil and pay the disposal fee for the old oil than it does to take it in to a shop.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I managed to neatly answer my internal debate over when I was fit enough to stop using the step machine and go back to running. I went on it for too long, it overheated and appears to have melted.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

An opportunity to take over a small established tech business has come our way, and we're going to take it. Hubby can keep his current clients as well and there's no investment beyond time...so this should be very lucrative, relatively speaking. Could even mean early 'retirement'. Assuming, of course, it all goes as well as it seem like it should.

It pays to keep in touch with people...you never know what will come out of it years later.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

planning another afternoon/evening picnic for this week

the one we had the other day was quite a success, and people seemed keen on the idea that it should be a regular occurrence :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Today I noticed Google's new, longer text input fieldbox.

It's so vital and helpful, I love this new "feature!" I can now type in supercalifragilisticexpialidocious+cultural+impact+hollywood+duet and look back to check my spelling without having to scroll back!

Google is always thinking about the comfort of the user. I am impressed.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A new Honda CB400 (2009 model). Looked like the most likely candidate to be a low maintenance thing and not kill me outright on my first few kilometers.

Very cool, and look theres one for sale in AU. What color did you order?

"tri-color"

Call me paranoid, but I would like to be seen in the traffic :)

(they only had the black model in stock, otherwise I could have had it already Monday)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Nice. Honda makes some good bikes. :sorcerer:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

went out for dinner last night with a couple of friends

one of them is a chef, and he suggested this turkish restaurant that he'd been to before

turns out he knew the manager, so we scored a table without having to make a booking, and after our meal they brought out a bellydancer to dance for us :p

i loves my whskey

it has been decided in my brain meats that being single i quite possibly an awesome thing right now

i get to hang out with my girls again without having to wrorry about a girlfiernd getting jealuus and stuff

jealousy is a pain in the butt - it's acutally made me put an end to a few relationships with a few girls now

it seems the vast majrotiy of my firneds are girls and i can't be bothered dealing with pettiness and jealousy

so screw it! i be single again and go backto ahving lots of fun

argh hiccups suuuuuck :sorcerer:

i loves my whskey

it has been decided in my brain meats that being single i quite possibly an awesome thing right now

i get to hang out with my girls again without having to wrorry about a girlfiernd getting jealuus and stuff

jealousy is a pain in the butt - it's acutally made me put an end to a few relationships with a few girls now

it seems the vast majrotiy of my firneds are girls and i can't be bothered dealing with pettiness and jealousy

Strange. he must have drunk too much tea or something.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Spent all day at the beach yesterday getting slammed by 4-6 ft. high onshore waves. A better time can't be had.

Today will be a sit on the couch and watch NFL football from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. I missed football and am glad it's back again, Then it's on to HBO for the season finale to True Blood and Hung with as episode of Entourage thrown in.

Edited by Kelverin

i loves my whskey

argh hiccups suuuuuck :grin:

oh dear i don't remember this

then again looking at the now empty 1.125L bottle of whiskey here on my desk that makes sense i suppose >_<

:lol:

i loves my whskey

oh dear i don't remember this

then again looking at the now empty 1.125L bottle of whiskey here on my desk that makes sense i suppose :)

-Hurlshot