What you did today

Darque

i just got out of bed a half hour ago. my illness has not left yet, apparently. hacked up a lung ("throwed up a lung" as john said once) all night and didn't get to sleep till after 5:00. ugh...

taks

yeah same here - it's really not fun >_<

no plans for me tonight. usually end up with my girls on a monday after work and we go have a picnic at the Botanical gardens, but not really feeling up for it

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Just got back from an AC/DC concert. Angus Young did like a 25 minute guitar solo. It was epic.

AC/DC is the best live band i've ever seen (at least 4 times now).

taks

Yes, they do rock ridiculously hard. Last time I saw them was back in '95 in Vegas, during the Heatseeker tour iirc. Do they still end the show with two huge cannons rising from the stage while playing For those about to rock? Man, I can still remember the concussive force hitting me in the chest when they fired those cannons. :)

Do they still end the show with two huge cannons rising from the stage while playing For those about to rock?

as far as i know, yes, but i don't remember the last time i saw them, either (may have been prior to 1995).

at any rate, they stopped having rock concerts in the st. louis arena (formerly the checkerdome) after a particularly rough AC/DC concert - the cannons shook the roof, exacerbating fears that it could fall in. they then moved them all to the kiel auditorium after that (i think the kiel concert was my first AC/DC concert). someone finally determined that the arena was not going to collapse and AC/DC was the first rock concert to return, fittingly. i went to that one as well.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Just got back from an AC/DC concert. Angus Young did like a 25 minute guitar solo. It was epic.

AC/DC is the best live band i've ever seen (at least 4 times now).

taks

Yes, they do rock ridiculously hard. Last time I saw them was back in '95 in Vegas, during the Heatseeker tour iirc. Do they still end the show with two huge cannons rising from the stage while playing For those about to rock? Man, I can still remember the concussive force hitting me in the chest when they fired those cannons. :rolleyes:

12 cannons.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

12 cannons.

yeah, but aren't there two really big ones that point toward each other in the middle of the stage, and the rest point out or something? i remember it knocked me back into my seat at the kiel auditorium (rather small, only 10000 seats, set up like an enclosed amphitheater).

taks

Rotten mood. Woman I'd given up thinking about got very keen recently, I'd been very happy and considering opening up a bit despite emotional background at present. We work very well together, but we live in completely the wrong places and are heading in very different directions. I tend to regard this sort of thing as not worth worrying about. Apparently she thinks it comes first. So no romance for me!

Weather fierce windy. Suits the moment.

Ate chips. Got outrageously flirted with at the chipshop, so am pretending this means I am not a total loser.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

it seems you are also regressing grammatically. i predict grunts and groans within a few weeks. i'm not surprised, i always thought you'd head down this path, walsh, just not this quickly. it's ok, there are support groups i'm sure. there's always geico commercials, too. :)

taks

it seems you are also regressing grammatically.

taks

You swine! One of her favourite books was 'Eats shoots and leaves" by Lynne Truss*! Must everything remind me?!

I just realised with a sinking feeling that this means I must go out tomorrow and purchase sausages for the ritual purging of the romance.

*Deals with grammatical correctness.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

oh great... you deal with love lost by resorting to a sausage-fest? something just doesn't sound right about that... >_<

taks

ah the renowned sausage therapy :(

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Back from the dentist! And my cat is missing. Kinda worried actually, hopefully she'll turn up today.

:) Did she turn up? I hope so!

Today hubby & I lazed around. And it was good.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

:) I did rather fall into that.

I mean the theory that a broken heart can be quickly and efficiently mended by eating two lbs of very cheap pork sausages at one sitting.

Ironically I just realised that while it may mend a broken heart it probably makes you far more likely to suffer a coronary.

-Elwood Blues

No sign. It's been two days already so we're all pretty worried now. She's the most good natured and affectionate cat I've ever known but she's also a lunkhead and I dread to think what could have happened to her. That's encouraging though, Krezack. She might turn up yet.

Cats have a sort of internal compass, as I understand it. That's one of the reasons they can realign themselves to the ground given enough time. So, even if she gets lost, she can always find her way back. My sister's cat ran off a few months ago and I figured she'd be gone for good. I was quite happy to hear that she returned some three days later, so don't give up yet, bro. I hope she makes it back.