What you did today

Darque

I was just eating lunch in my office, and I managed to bite off one of the tines of the plastic fork I was using. I have never done this before, and it quite surprised me. I guess I was hungrier than I thought I was.

On related note, with the new fiscal year (federal FY runs Oct1-Sep30), our building got a new contractor running the cafeteria. It looks promising so far. The offerings on the salad bar are nice-- decent grilled chicken, sauteed mushrooms, nice fresh peppers and cucumbers, kalamata olives, dried cranberries available as a topping, all for only $.02/ounce more than the price under the old vendor. There's a bit less variety than before (and the brocolli, which I love on salads, was there on Wed, but not on Thu or Fri), but the quality seems to be better.

Woke up and realized that if I went to class I wouldn't learn anything... I hate missing this class. Then I decided to get on my facebook page for whatever reason (I check it maybe once a month) and saw that my cousin had taken this in soho:

http://twitpic.com/ko4sp

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I had a mild panic attack, then owned up my psych and physics tests...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

another party tonight

this is gonna be the third night in a row, with work the following morning for each of them :lol:

You're a real masochist you know that? You should take a break Shryke because even though I deeply hate you, I worry about you pal.

I have two exams next week; Tuesday and Thursday. I should be doing nothing but studying this weekend but I have no motivation anymore. I believe I

blew my proverbial wad last week with all the studying.

But alas I have no choice, if not for myself then for the second study session with my current hopeful love interest. I suppose maybe I'll ask her out but I don't have any great ideas. I'm so boring and essentially do no outside activities that it's kind of tough to come up with something. I would do coffee but I have nothing to talk about, comedy would be great except it could be controversial and I'll laugh at a rape/racist/etc joke, any kind of physical activity isn't awesome becuase I sweat enough just standing around and then there's my friend's concert where he's playing with reel big fish but to subject her to ska music for a prolonged period would be inconsiderate and probably break the Geneva convention, not to mention I'm not even a fan. I suppose I'll just have to figure it out on the fly.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I must concur with my learned colleague, Dottore Slugland.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

A bit sickish today, but not as much as yesterday. Hung out with my ladyfriend mostly, bought her some cute shirts because surprise gifts make her giddy which is super cute.

Going to see Up tonight (it only just came out in Holland, don't know why but Pixar films always get like a four month delay :-), pretty psyched about that.

I got my property tax bill.

In 2007, it was $4400 for the year.

In 2008, it dropped to $3000 for the year.

This year it is $1700.

That's quite a drop, while I'm happy to be paying less, I'm not too happy about my equity.

I set up a video camera on my back porch. Tonight I'm grilling, tomorow I'm posting coyote videos on youtube.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

A bit sickish today, but not as much as yesterday. Hung out with my ladyfriend mostly, bought her some cute shirts because surprise gifts make her giddy which is super cute.

Going to see Up tonight (it only just came out in Holland, don't know why but Pixar films always get like a four month delay :down:), pretty psyched about that.

super cute but super sad - it's a movie to make you cry

i'm really really exhausted

methinks a quiet night at home for me tonight :blink:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I wouldn't call it a sad movie. I thought it was a riveting adventure movie. I found myself thinking several times "this is more Indiana Jones than the last Indiana Jones movie". However,

the first segment about Carl and Ellie

did put a lump in my throat and it did have some emotional bits in between. Just wow. This is probably the best Pixar movie yet.

The sun was shining brightly through the shades this morning, when all of a sudden it became dramatically dark for about 1 second and then bright again. It was very bizarre, almost like being in a room at night when the power flicks off for just a second.

Looked outside, no plane, no giant blimp in the way of the sunshine that we could see...no loud engine noises either. Maybe it was a giant invisible flying saucer?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

There was a blackout a week ago and I momentarily wondered if I had gone blind, or if this was the afterlife. Stubbed my toe the same place two times looking for some source of light. Decided to go out to see what there was to see and discovered that the cafes were all candlelit, and that people had all come out en mass, cut off from ze internets and their TV sets. It was a little bizarre, but in a good way.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I set up a video camera on my back porch. Tonight I'm grilling, tomorow I'm posting coyote videos on youtube.

I'd rather see your coyote grilling video. I met a guy at my mom's funeral (one of her students) who said he found a raptor of some kind hit by a lorry. It was still warm but very dead, so he took it home and ate it. I know the rule is supposed to be no predators, but he said it was freaking delicious.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd rather see your coyote grilling video. I met a guy at my mom's funeral (one of her students) who said he found a raptor of some kind hit by a lorry. It was still warm but very dead, so he took it home and ate it. I know the rule is supposed to be no predators, but he said it was freaking delicious.

:getlost: A little too close to dog for me...

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I had to look up what a lorry was but I'm pretty sure a raptor would use its incredible agility to jump on the hood of the semi and then proceed to kick the window through and murder the driver in a crazy dinosaur rage the likes of which no man has witnessed in millennia.

Tomorrow is the day of reckoning; my tax exam. For this one test I've studied more then the accumulation of entire semesters worth of exams. But alas it is incomplete. I have one chapter left to do practice problems for and then I have to make my cheat sheet which our professor so graciously allows. At first I was scared out of my mind but through sheer force of will and wanting to be prepared for study sessions so that I can appear to be smart and better my chances of getting laid, I have finally reached the point that I'm relatively confident that I will get a C or better.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Tomorrow is the day of reckoning; my tax exam. For this one test I've studied more then the accumulation of entire semesters worth of exams. But alas it is incomplete. I have one chapter left to do practice problems for and then I have to make my cheat sheet which our professor so graciously allows. At first I was scared out of my mind but through sheer force of will and wanting to be prepared for study sessions so that I can appear to be smart and better my chances of getting laid, I have finally reached the point that I'm relatively confident that I will get a C or better.

I've got a test (That's worth 20% of my grade) in "Politics of Budgeting" tomorrow. The professor showed us the mark breakdown for previous years first tests. It wasn't pretty. A majority of the class ended up with a D or lower. She's outlined exactly what she expects from us on the test so you'd think it would be a little better than that. I've gone over all my notes and the handouts a couple times now so hopefully I've got what I need for it. The last time I had someone tell me they were a hard marker I ended up getting 80% on an essay that I wrote the day before, but somehow I don't think this one will be as easy. :-

Edited by Deraldin

This class is two exams, 35% each, and a project. And the final is cumulative. I also have an exam on Thursday which I will spend all of Wednesday studying for. Then I will have a 7 day reprieve and then another exam with another the following week. This semester is aweeeeeesome.

there's a reason, thankfully, my last degree is referred to as "terminal." not just because it nearly killed me... i pity you poor folks still suffering through it all. :ermm:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Fleeing from the giant dragon...

That said, I missed my friday class, and it turns out that that was the day that he handed out the essay questions >.<

So now I've shot him an email and am going to have to beg one of my class mates to give me a copy of them, read a book and a half, and write a 3 page essay... by friday. Doable, but not gonna be very fun. Fortunatly one of the books is Tony Hillerman so it should be an easy read. Next essay I have to read "Killer Angels" (again) and the rest of our text.

Meanwhile my philosophy teacher keeps dropping in my eyes, she's gone from disliked to despised in my eyes. My school has this system called d2l (desire 2 learn) that teachers can post documents and discussions on, the philosphy teacher uses it (everything is on there... including the 15 page syllabus). One of it's features is a "dropbox" that students can turn their papers in digitally with. Well, my philophy teacher seems to LOVE making us jump through hoops (including turning in a "prospectus" for our papers, for this here intro class) so she's forcing us to sign up on a totally seperate website JUST so we can turn this garbage in digitally.... AND we have to have a bloody physical copy to hand her too.

You know, for somebody who says "we're saving trees and money so I'm not giving you physical syllabi" this strikes me as wasteful in the extreme unless she's only using the digital copy to tell if we're plagiarizing a work. I mean I can understand how hard it is to teach a frigging class, my mother's done it for the past 15 years, but this is rediculous. Doesn't help that she has a wierd double standard of "You're in college now, so I'm not gonna hammer you with stuff and it's up to you to do things" but then require us to A) write like we've had a college composition course (which as I said, this is an INTRO class meaning that people probably haven't or have forgotten how to write that well), B) Have DRACONIAN attendance standards (if you aren't there before your name is called on the role sheet, you're absent, even if you walk in as the next person is being called. so sometimes you can show up 15 minutes late and get away with it and others you show up on time and are marked absent), C) Has a very bad style of teaching that often leaves things totally unclear. D) She tests us on the reading and extrapolation from class discussions. Now this wouldn't be a big thing, but the fact of the matter is that often she tests a week later than when we finish a unit and has filled our heads with different stuff by the time she actually hands the bloody thing out.

And I'm really starting to get tired of U2 references. I mean I understand they're her favorite band, but you can't liken EVERYTHING in philosophy to U2 in SOME fashion. that's like trying to liken everything in the physics to a mans genitals.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

but you can't liken EVERYTHING in philosophy to U2 in SOME fashion. that's like trying to liken everything in the physics to a mans genitals.

:ermm: That's the last time I buy a textbook from a man operating out of a suitcase.

-Elwood Blues