What you did today

Darque

Mom died this evening. Right now I'm just happy she's no-longer suffering.

Wow, really sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Sorry for your loss Wals. It sounds like you and your family were really there for her over the last couple months, and it sounds like she found peace. Take care.

Mom died this evening. Right now I'm just happy she's no-longer suffering.

Simply terrible, I'm really sorry to hear that. :brows: My deepest sympathies to you and your family, I wish you all the best during this sad time.

currently at home sick and feeling like crap :brows:

though for ****s and giggles i posted a message online for my friends saying if any of them bring me hot chocolate they will win a cookie

now it's just a waiting game...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I promised my brother, wife, and friend that we could do Scarlet Monestary tonight. Ugh. My sleep schedule is still kaput. Anyhow, we'll rope my sister into it and then have a party of five, although I think we could 4man it no prob.

SM? Cath or Armory? overall they're pretty easy... particularly if you coerce an 80 to run you :)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Naw, we do all the lowbie stuff at level these days. We have the In the Name of the Light quest. Sadly, I didn't have time to do anything other than the library, but that was fun. :) We didn't get my sister, but four people is plenty good enough for that quest. Is it me or have they really made these instances easier, and I don't just mean the level?

My condolences to Walsh and his family.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yes, quite.

I remember when I came to see my dad after he had died and he looked at peace for the first time in months. It all seemed perfectly natural. Everyone else was crying constantly, I didn't until months later when I started having dreams about him. Funny how these things work.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

currently at home sick and feeling like crap o:)

me too. i think my fever broke, however, as i just started sweating.

taks

Have they started prepping for the pig flu winter assault in the US ?. My stepmother is a nurse and she is part of the group that's supposed to go out and claim bodies when we all start dropping like flies. I dunno how serious it will be, but they are rolling out the full 'outbreak' countermeasures. disinfectant handspray passed out to all workplaces, big red signs about how to avoid transmission, etc.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Thanks to all who've experessed their sympathy, and those who may feel it but be awkward about saying so. >_<

I don't really feel much yet, as it's all too weird. Like Gorgon I expect I'll only get hit hard in a week or so. At the moment I just have sudden bursts of tears for about twenty seconds and then feel fine.

I know I may be sick, but had the biggest laugh in ages today when we stopped off for petrol and the Daily Express headline reads

BREAST CANCER BREAKTHROUGH.

We always said this would happen, and sure enough it loks as if they have found a cure for precisely the cancer my mum died of. And I mean precisely the kind, and a nearly full cure. Should be on the shelves in about two years. Unbelievable. We all had a good chuckle, because what else can you say at a time like that? :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My 360 broke last night, and just before the fall season game release onslaught. Damn rotten timing, and Im not sure microsoft will replace it either so it looks like Ill miss the console exclusives.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sorry about your loss Wals. You know you always have a friend in me if you ever want to talk but then again I don't exactly have any sage advice or anything of the nature. And especially since I haven't shaken my 5 year long depression, though I'm actually starting to open up to the idea of getting a handle on that becuase I think its truly starting to profoundly effect my brain. Research shows that long term depression can cause the hippocampus to shrink which leads to memory issues and I definitely got some of that more than the norm. Plus headaches and various other things which are horrible. The being miserable and lonely part is fine by me but once my brain composition changes that ain't cool.

In other news I had two classes today however they are both consecutive and during traditional lunch time hours so I'm super ravenous right now. I just ate a rice bowl and a deep dish pizza and I'm still ready to chow down. I also go back later tonight for a delightful 7-10 class. I think this semester should go a bit more smoothly than last. I don't have any online classes which is new for me but I'm relatively fond of my current schedule and so far my teachers seem cool. It's nice becuase I have one of my group members from a previous accounting class that is taking like everything I'm taking, tho only 1 class that we are both in together during the same time. The only thing I dread is marketing which is on Friday. I'm an accountant, I don't need to know about top of mind and stupid ad stuff, f those guyses.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Have they started prepping for the pig flu winter assault in the US ?

yes. got a colorado health advisory from john's school today. they don't specifically mention h1n1, but that's what they're referring to. keep them at home till the fever has subsided for 24 hours on its own they said. i wouldn't be surprised if that's what i have, and what john had, btw, because i haven't heard of anything else going around.

I dunno how serious it will be, but they are rolling out the full 'outbreak' countermeasures.

probably hype.

disinfectant handspray passed out to all workplaces, big red signs about how to avoid transmission, etc.

i don't understand this. most of these (that i know of) are anti-bacterial, i.e., they cannot help with a virus. simply washing your hands works better most likely.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Naw, we do all the lowbie stuff at level these days. We have the In the Name of the Light quest. Sadly, I didn't have time to do anything other than the library, but that was fun. :lol: We didn't get my sister, but four people is plenty good enough for that quest. Is it me or have they really made these instances easier, and I don't just mean the level?

well, when 3.0 hit the servers there was a 30% HP nerf to all the bosses in the game.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Thanks to all who've experessed their sympathy, and those who may feel it but be awkward about saying so. :thumbsup:

Sorry for your loss Wals...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Sorry about your loss Wals. You know you always have a friend in me if you ever want to talk but then again I don't exactly have any sage advice or anything of the nature. And especially since I haven't shaken my 5 year long depression, though I'm actually starting to open up to the idea of getting a handle on that becuase I think its truly starting to profoundly effect my brain. Research shows that long term depression can cause the hippocampus to shrink which leads to memory issues and I definitely got some of that more than the norm. Plus headaches and various other things which are horrible. The being miserable and lonely part is fine by me but once my brain composition changes that ain't cool.

I'm not being funny, but to be honest I feel more sorry for you than for me. I had a great mum, and she's gone, but it went down about as well as can be expected. I'm more concerned to hear you're having such a long drawn out bout of depression! I can't really offer any advice, except to try and look for the good things rather than always chow down on the bad. You should always feel free to shout out about it on here.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Taking this week off. I meant to get some work done around the house but I just can't get motivated. I have gotten a fair bit of writing done on my book project. One thing I've found is that when you get rolling it just flows easy. The hard part is getting rolling. I guess writing is like running a diesel engine.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

My former students have an assignment where they have to interview a teacher about the American Dream. I gave real answers for the first interview, but for each subsequent student I've been radically changing my ideology. So I went hardline communist for one, trying to recall all of Lord of Flies propaganda, then I went redneck and talked about the right to bear arms and protect my land from government interference, and lastly I went conservative Christian and talked about family values. It's been fun, I'm not sure what ideology to adopt next.

Well, if you do it carefully and it's feasible without the PC police knocking down your door, you could use nazism. Frankly, Communism and nazism have quite a few things in common. I've never understood the whole idea of calling Republicans nazis and democrats communists. If you want to engage in hyperbole, you could go Democrats communists and Republicans anarchists. Of course, that's unfair to both parties, but probably more accurate and kind of funny in it's own way. Well... some Republicans lend themselves to that assessment. I guess the ones that invest most heavily in the military-industrial complex (so called) pretty much do have some ideological similarities to nazis in the same way that some Democrats have similarities to communism.

I'm going to watch an episode of Eureka and then go to bed. Almost done with the whole series and I've completely decided to buy the set. It has JUST enough drama to make you feel for the characters without making me want to claw my eardrums out of my head. The scene with Carter and his daughter where the house starts playing sappy music was sooo funny. "The mood was so touching I thought some musical accompanyment was in order." haha That house would be great as a bachelor pad. Without the daughter tripping under-foot of course.

What about propaganda for tribals, like the bushmen of the Kalahari?

-Elwood Blues