Dragon Age Origins

"I'd prefer a Mako in Dragon Age to Blood Dragon armor in ME."

L0L That would be interesting.

The similarity between Nalia, and the dwarf are superficial at best.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

And it's now coming out in November?! Damn it, why cannot anything ever come out on time... Well, I guess Alpha Protocol is and that's good - but still, it's a long wait. :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

"Solders, stand still! (STILLEN STANDEN was/is used in the german infantry iirc) Now march towards the Blight! For the Emperor and your fatherland, DESTRUCTION AND SLAUGHTER"

Still gestanden...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And it's now coming out in November?! Damn it, why cannot anything ever come out on time... Well, I guess Alpha Protocol is and that's good - but still, it's a long wait. :)

I rather hate how all games come out during the holiday season when I absolutely have no time to game, I have to wait until the following summer to play anything.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Okay -- one more bit of information.

We were getting a few questions regarding the Warden's Keep post-release content. I checked around with important people here and came up with the following:

When you buy the digital version (and only the digital version) of the Collector

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

BioWare is taking a pounding on the ME boards for not delivering enough DLC. Posters claiming they have lied to and betrayed fans, etc. Of course, there are threads on the Dragon Age board now about how BioWare is ripping off fans with the DLC and have become a pawn of Electronic Arts.

Five years ago, if someone had told me how important DLC would become to fans (pro and anti) I never would have believed it.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Customers WANT more stuff and some are willing to pay for it.

Most of it is horribly overpriced, though. I can see coughing up $10 for a nice big expansion like Mothership Zeta, but not for some lame single quest or the ME crap.

At least it'll help kill the used games market...

I don't like DLC :)

But that is just one opinion :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Speaking only about some of Bethesda's recent DLC, I think they are a bit pricey for the amount of content that you get.

Both Operation: Anchorage and The PItt took me only an hour or two, which I think is too short and with too little new content for $10. Better to pay 2x that amount for a legit xpack.

The best deal for DLC is just to wait for the gold edition of the game which wil coem with all the dlc for less than the price of the stand alone games origianl release. There it's a good deal. But how many people have the patience to wait?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Speaking only about some of Bethesda's recent DLC, I think they are a bit pricey for the amount of content that you get.

Both Operation: Anchorage and The PItt took me only an hour or two, which I think is too short and with too little new content for $10. Better to pay 2x that amount for a legit xpack.

The best deal for DLC is just to wait for the gold edition of the game which wil coem with all the dlc for less than the price of the stand alone games origianl release. There it's a good deal. But how many people have the patience to wait?

It's still way more content than the ME one was and let's not even bring up the crap that changes weapon skins/color/adds horse armor.

Edited by Purkake

Customers WANT more stuff and some are willing to pay for it.

Most of it is horribly overpriced, though. I can see coughing up $10 for a nice big expansion like Mothership Zeta, but not for some lame single quest or the ME crap.

At least it'll help kill the used games market...

I'd rather RPGs have expansions and sequals.

At the same times, I hope it primes the market for 'episodic content,' so games that might not be able to develop normally (Longest Journy 3, for instence) can still be put out.

It's still way more content than the ME one was and let's not even bring up the crap that changes weapon skins/color/adds horse armor.

Bring Down the Sky was free though.

I can see the Stone Prisioner being worthwhile DLC, as it adds Shale, who's a fully voiced party member. I wish they had a DLC that added personality to the party members of ME.

Oh, I just had an idea! Dragon Age: Romance Pack DLC. Adds a romance line to a follower, and new gifts to give them. I bet it'd sell like hotcakes too.

MAOR:

They updated the Wynne page with a video. She seems to be a lawful good mentor type.

Edited by Maria Caliban

So far we have the following DLC announced -

* A new NPC with associated quests. $15 for an NPC? Hahahahaha. On a a game where you get the toolset? Double hahahahahahaha.

* A new mini-expansion (The Keep)

* Magic items, including the stat / exp boost

Put them all together and I suppose you've enough material for a very small expansion yet the net cost for all of the above is almost the same as a full one. I call greed on this one, they are going for a two tier revenue stream model. I'd rather see all the above, plus some new quests bundled into the XP at a normal XP price. Maybe someone can explain the MMO style buying-loot system they are implementing here, even I can see why the Bioboard regulars are hacked off.

Bio are the Starbucks of the computer gaming, they really are. That's $5 dollars for a muffin, six if you want choc chips, seven if you want us to light a scented candle while you eat it!

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

I think DLC with a price is a horrible thing to happen to gaming. I hate it. I mean, not in theory, but as a business model it's undermining the sorts of games I like to see. I'm glad that Dragon Age is going to be big and I hope Bio doesn't put out a bunch of small DLC instead of making a proper expansion or a new game.

DLC is crap, unless its free. I don't want to be spoon fed game content for a third of the games original price - either make a full game with a full price or an expansion half the price. Everything else is just milking people.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

"Solders, stand still! (STILLEN STANDEN was/is used in the german infantry iirc) Now march towards the Blight! For the Emperor and your fatherland, DESTRUCTION AND SLAUGHTER"

Still gestanden...

Nope.

Dalish Elf - What's it with the Germans doing all updates?

Hey Germans are gamers too. And there's lots of them.

Is it just me or are the elves a bit too 'Humans with pointy ears' a la Spock? I really liked the NWN / NWN2 art direction whereby you could make some really freaky non-human looking elves.

sonsofgygax.JPG

So Dragon Age has romances and Risen has a brothel? Guess which one I prefer.

Well for the sake of the question I would say "romances" since you don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Dalish Elf - What's it with the Germans doing all updates?

Hey Germans are gamers too. And there's lots of them.

Is it just me or are the elves a bit too 'Humans with pointy ears' a la Spock? I really liked the NWN / NWN2 art direction whereby you could make some really freaky non-human looking elves.

I'm just wondering why sites like IGN or Gamespot aren't bombarding us with DAO material. Maybe BioWare should hire Pete Hines.

It seems pointy ears is indeed the only thing that differs Elves from humans, apart from their social status.

Now I'm waiting for the 'Marriage of Figaro' update. Deutschland

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Oh, you have to pay for the sex in 'romance.' Just look at having that harpy Jaheira in your party. Might be the number one reason I despise romances in my computer games. Bitch. I eventually stripped her buck naked and sent her forth into glorious battle.