Dragon Age Origins

I don't mind DLC as long as it isn't **** thats already on the disc that needs unlocking or clearly **** you cut away from the actual game like Broken Steel.

"For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretences- either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed; and in return we hope that you, instead of thinking to influence us by saying that you did not join the Lacedaemonians, although their colonists, or that you have done us no wrong, will aim at what is feasible, holding in view the real sentiments of us both; since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

You know, I'd trade a lot of other gaming desires to have mages who weren't stuffed in robes. I'd really enjoy a game where every competetive endgame mage outfit wasn't some raggedy assed robe with stupid moons and stars and green clovers on it. What do mages need most in these games? Room to maneuver, right? I mean, if you're trying to stay quick on your feet because the other guy is armored and has a axe or a sword or the like, wouldn't you want something that wouldn't trip you while your moving? Being able to move quickly might be the only physical advantage you have over these armored guys, so the right idea must be to throw on twenty pounds of hooded robes and other crap.

You know, I'd trade a lot of other gaming desires to have mages who weren't stuffed in robes. I'd really enjoy a game where every competetive endgame mage outfit wasn't some raggedy assed robe with stupid moons and stars and green clovers on it. What do mages need most in these games? Room to maneuver, right? I mean, if you're trying to stay quick on your feet because the other guy is armored and has a axe or a sword or the like, wouldn't you want something that wouldn't trip you while your moving? Being able to move quickly might be the only physical advantage you have over these armored guys, so the right idea must be to throw on twenty pounds of hooded robes and other crap.

The other (classical) options seem to be full plate armor or a skimpy proto-bikini. Usually by the end of the game the Wizard has enough magical buffs to go around naked if they wanted, the robes are for style.

Yeah, I especially like bikin-mail. Don't those chains chafe the skin?

Heh

But what's wrong with wearing a robe? If I were a wizard, I'd wear it for the classic look. You don't have to have a crazy robe that goes all the way to the ground.

What do you want your wizard to wear?

Edited by Purkake

Guest Slinky

Women today use high heels, and I really doubt they use them because they are comfortable :)

Women today use high heels, and I really doubt they use them because they are comfortable :)

They would have used them in medieval Europe with magic as well, but the heels would always get stuck in the mud/grass/crap.

So, if bikini-mail is intended to make the chic look hot, I'm all for it. If it's intended to protect the soft parts from damage, then it sucks. You make a good point, we have to assess the purpose of the attire.

As far as my mage goes? I'd like him to wear quality clothing that allows for movement. Having worn robes, pants, tunics, and a huge assortment of other things, I'd say probably pants and a well fitting tucic over a shirt. Depends on the temperature and other factors of course. Is it raining?

So, if bikini-mail is intended to make the chic look hot, I'm all for it. If it's intended to protect the soft parts from damage, then it sucks. You make a good point, we have to assess the purpose of the attire.

You guys got it all wrong. Bikini-mails are cunning weap- I mean armor: where would any warrior with a brain aim? At the exposed body parts of course! So all the female opponent has to do is keep her exposed parts safe. Brilliant if you ask me.

Well, so-called "battle mages" wear heavy armor, don't they?

That said, the 'mage origin' seems pretty meh. I'm torn between Dalish elf rogue & City elf rogue. City Elf seems very alluring, though, with a human noble claiming 'droit de seigneur' and subsequently burning his hands on a damsel-in-distress that suddenly grows fangs.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Hahaha catch a freeze frame and it looks pretty crazy.

The game doesn't skimp on blood that's for sure. Though I'm a horrible monster that's been woefully desensitized so during gameplay I didn't actually notice it that much haha.

The game doesn't skimp on blood that's for sure. Though I'm a horrible monster that's been woefully desensitized so during gameplay I didn't actually notice it that much haha.

I find the Kill Bill style BLOOD EVERYWHERE thing annoying. I have nothing against people dying realistically with dismemberment and whatnot, but ever single enemy spilling bathtubs of blood is just gratuitous blood for blood's sake and distracts me from the game.

I really hope they don't have the "blood splatter on the screen" thing, that is even worse.

-ehm-

Not quite, though.

In Denmark we have what is called a soft D which sounds similar to the 'eth' sound when spoken. It is in the Danish word 'gade' for example;

the word 'gade' meaning street. The wowel is a long one and the 'e' at the the end can barely be heard at all.

Sure, the sounds for eth and thorn (as found in Icelandic) still exist in lots of Germanic languages, but Icelandic and Faroese are the only languages that still use those characters to any significant extent. The other Germanic languages (including English) dropped them a while back, leaving the pronunciation of those sounds to digraphs (th in English) or single characters in a certain context (such as the one you just gave for Danish). It's really no different from the slow (and IMO, unfortunate) process of German umlaut characters being replaced by vowel + "e" digraphs or the Eszett being replaced by "ss".

The only point I was trying to make is that it was weird/confusing to see a German-language game interface using capital eth characters in place of "D". Similarly, I've seen "Dalish" spelled "Daelish". At least they didn't spell it

I find the Kill Bill style BLOOD EVERYWHERE thing annoying. I have nothing against people dying realistically with dismemberment and whatnot, but ever single enemy spilling bathtubs of blood is just gratuitous blood for blood's sake and distracts me from the game.

I really hope they don't have the "blood splatter on the screen" thing, that is even worse.

Hmmm, I have a feeling those are unique blows. I don't recall it being distracting during combat, but at the same time I was usually zoomed out quite a bit from the action.