Dragon Age Origins

VGA is fine for 720P

Have you ever compaired digital and analog 720p picture? Because if you have, I'm afraid there is something wrong with your eyes..

May be something's wrong with your TV. I've compared VGA and DVI on my old monitor, and didn't notice any difference.

It makes a difference on an LCD monitor. VGA makes the picture look a little blurry, at least from my experience.

What video card do you have, anyway? Even my backup Geforce 7300GS has a DVI output.

Guest Slinky

It's always blurrier on analog, no matter what TV you are using. It's just easier to notice on LCD and plasma TV. To my eyes digital is so much better that I wouldn't even think of using analog on any monitor/TV, if there is an option to use digital.

Edited by Slinky

What video card do you have, anyway? Even my backup Geforce 7300GS has a DVI output.

It's not my card, it's my TV that doesn't have a digital input, since it's about 3 yrs old.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Guest Slinky
I didn't even know there's HD TVs without HDMI. Anyway, there's adapter for DVI-HDMI and vice versa if someone has "ancent" HD TV and/or graphics card.

Um, both DVI and HDMI are digital, so that doesn't help Wrath of Dagon.

Yes! That's In Uthenera ( it's an archaic word referring to when an immortal elf passed their life onto the next generation.) and David suggested the full text w/ translation might be on the official wiki soon.

And what's the deal with the Half-Naked Plant Lady?

She wants to mediate a pease agreement between a pack of werewolves and a Dalish tribe who seem to be at odds.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Dragon Age-Special: Alles

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I prefer to do exploration in third person, and I like moving my character with a controller instead of using click to move. Plus it would look better on my big screen TV than on my monitor. However, combat trumps that, so I guess I'll get the PC version at least initially.

You can still move around with keyboard in a third person style on the PC

Guest Slinky

Gamespot did a Q&A with executive producer Mark Darrah.

Well I worked on the first Baldur's Gate, and I was lead programmer on Baldur's Gate II. For me, it is about capturing the feeling that you got when you were playing that game. It's about the depth, the breadth of storytelling. It's about tactical choices in combat. It's about everything that made you excited about playing the role-playing game back in the Baldur's Gate days. We're reinventing it and bringing it forward into today and, you know, modernizing it a little bit.

The word "modernizing" always creeps me out :ermm:

Nothing new was revealed, but there is a dwarf video I had never seen before.

Gamespot did a Q&A with executive producer Mark Darrah.

Well I worked on the first Baldur's Gate, and I was lead programmer on Baldur's Gate II. For me, it is about capturing the feeling that you got when you were playing that game. It's about the depth, the breadth of storytelling. It's about tactical choices in combat. It's about everything that made you excited about playing the role-playing game back in the Baldur's Gate days. We're reinventing it and bringing it forward into today and, you know, modernizing it a little bit.

The word "modernizing" always creeps me out :ermm:

Nothing new was revealed, but there is a dwarf video I had never seen before.

Bold claims. If they screw it up this time :bat:

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

I think it's funny how this thread will go on furiously for a bit and then die off and then come back again. This game has probably taken over as my most anticipated purchase this year. I'm looking forward to Alpha Protocol, but modern spy is not typically my thing, so to speak. Still, these two are probably the big ones for the rest of the year. Other than that, I'm dithering about a number of games, but I refuse to buy a new one until I have time and that ain't now. Come on, Alpha Protocol! Get to crackin'! You too, alan, you yutz.

Is there really no origin that doesn't end in mass slaughter? I looked at the mage origin the other day... I'd imagine City Elf & Dalish Elf wouldn't be much different either.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Guest Slinky
Is there really no origin that doesn't end in mass slaughter? I looked at the mage origin the other day... I'd imagine City Elf & Dalish Elf wouldn't be much different either.

In every origin you end up in the grey wardens.

And knowing bioware, you also are the only hope against the blight.

So.. no.

I hope everyone knows how to swim! In blood, that is.