Dragon Age Origins

I'm assuming you mean Jolee Bindo from KOTOR. Don't see whats so deep about him apart from a little moral relativity, so out of place in SW's fairytale universe.
Nothing morally relative about this Jindo guy. He's a Lawful Good disgruntled Jedi, and that's about it. His "grey" light/dark force meter made no sense.

Chaotic Good and you've got a deal >_

He didn't seem to follow rules that closely. My favourite Kotor1 character by far.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Chaotic Good and you've got a deal :p

He didn't seem to follow rules that closely. My favourite Kotor1 character by far.

To be fair, I'm not sure about his stance towards law/order. He's clearly Good, but he doesn't appreciate your lying to get his friend's wrinkled ass off the hook - Sunry is a murderer, but he murdered a clearly evil person that was using him for her own ends. He's actually happy when he gets taken away to the electric chair. >_<

Yay for alignments, anyway.

edit: maybe he IS senile, after all?

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Nothing is beyond criticism, Boo. If something is good enough, it can stand the scrutiny. By bringing out both the good and bad in something you can get a better understanding of it, just look at all the literary criticism.

Oh, I wasn't saying anything is beyond criticism, I was just eager to hear some other supposedly fleshed out game characters.

He always seemed like a pretty standard grumpy old dude to me :rolleyes:

The gray thing was probably to make him darker and edgier

My thoughts exactly. He is less one dimensional then the rest of the KOTOR cast, but that's about it.

I totally agree with you on April Ryan, Virumor

I don't see what so deep about April Ryan, at least in the first game. She's a well developed and thought out typical teenage girl. Yes its, much better than most principal characters in adventure games but its hardly spectacular. As for the second game, I couldn't bring myself to play that rubbish and gave up after two attempts.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

My thoughts exactly. He is less one dimensional then the rest of the KOTOR cast, but that's about it.
He IS a BIO character, after all. I also disagree with the one-dimensional comment (he's not your paladin-like Jedi after all), but hey, opinions for everyone.

Do explain to me however, how is he less interesting or more typical than Edwin or Aerie from BG2 or Marcus from FO2. Since those are games whose writing you praise so much.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

So, some of you folks never sleep, do you? I liked the NPCs from KotOR. I even liked Carth Onasis, or whatever his name is. Llyranor, if you pop out of the woodwork, I'm chasing your skinny ass down! Anyhow, back to regularly scheduled programming. *shrug* I liked them all. I felt sorry for ol' emo Carth.

I totally agree with you on April Ryan, Virumor

I don't see what so deep about April Ryan, at least in the first game. She's a well developed and thought out typical teenage girl. Yes its, much better than most principal characters in adventure games but its hardly spectacular. As for the second game, I couldn't bring myself to play that rubbish and gave up after two attempts.

It's not that she was super-deep, she was very well fleshed out and believable, also she managed to remain likable while being pretty cynical and pessimistic. I guess some of that was thanks to the voice actress.

In other news, they've finalized the CE of Dragon Age: Origins. It has Blood Dragon armor... for Mass Effect. :p

The Collector

post-1288-1250104887_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

...The Stone Prisoner is available to original purchasers of new copies of Dragon Age: Origins at no additional cost. The Stone Prisoner can also be purchased separately for $15...

Huh? Is it free or $15?

The dwarf looks odd in the hips/leg area, like its out of proportion. Eh, maybe shes had kids. :thumbsup:

It's free for an original copy. If you buy the game used (remember, it's on PC, XBox, and PS3) then you have to pay $15.

She's the best looking dwarven female I've seen in a computer game. Though her arms are strangely long.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Cross promotion is genius, and more game companies should do. The Stone Prisoner sounds worthwhile since it adds a character, and extra story/quests/exploration areas. Coolio beanio.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If the armor is compatible with both games, does this mean we can expect a similar leveling structure between ME2 and DA:O? Similar effects? Or has the item been ported from one rule set to the other and some of the benefits... reworked?

Questions questions.

Charaktererstellung

I would buy and a play the german version if it weren't for those silly censorship-laws of theirs. Instead of King of Fareldern screaming in a high-pitch and gay english, you would have a manly german:

"Mein Soldaten, STILLEN STANDEN! Die Blight alles genau MARCHEN AN! F

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I would buy and a play the german version if it weren't for those silly censorship-laws of theirs. Instead of King of Fareldern screaming in a high-pitch and gay english, you would have a manly german:

Edited by Purkake

Ehum, what i was trying to say was:

"Solders, stand still! (STILLEN STANDEN was/is used in the german infantry iirc) Now march towards the Blight! For the Emperor and your fatherland, DESTRUCTION AND SLAUGHTER"

See? My grammatical erros aside, it sounds way cooler in German :sorcerer:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy