What you did today

Gorth

You should try making your own beer Taks. It's quite simple from what I recall especially since they have kits that give you everything you need. My friends dad used to do it (still does I think) and he had a few ribbons from local make your own brew contests and what not. Then again I'd only do it if you have some sort of shed or enclosed structure that isn't in your house becuase the funk that comes off the yeast is quite assaulting to the senses to be honest and trust me it pervades the entire house and takes a few days before it subsides. A sordid business in my opinion but kind of neat. I kind of want to get into micro brews and stuff but I'm not a big alcohol guy. Didn't even drink on my 21st or since or like 4 years before.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

You should try making your own beer Taks. It's quite simple from what I recall especially since they have kits that give you everything you need.

i have. several times, in fact. i have my own brewing kit sitting not more than 10 feet from me. i normally don't drink at home so there's no point in brewing my own beer just to watch it go bad.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I tried that (home brewing) a few times. I never could get the carbonation right. It was always either too much (beer flavored soda) or too little (flatter than spit).

I just got home from a seminar in Nashville with the FAA. I ran into someone I knew from Cingular who now works for Uncle Sam. We ended up hitting a few strip clubs and were both bleary eyed during the seminar the next day. I the hotel that night left with two fifties in my pocket, the next day I had a handful of singles left. :lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I think making your own ale is going to be easier than making your own lager, since ale has more flavours and they will help mask any weirdness. Also it doesn't have to be fizzy.

Anyone have a soda-stream? Do you think you could carbonate home-brew?

Had call from home asking for me to come down AGAIN. I don't even notice the incovenience when it makes sense, but they're just in a flap, and this time it's pissing me off. I haven't had any proper time to myself in weeks, and it's no joke because work is suffering.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Let's see, today was the first Friday in ten or so odd years (barring holidays and whatnot) that I didn't have to make a mortgage payment. It's quite nice.

And I started holidays less than two hours ago. I'm not going anywhere, I'm just gonna be lazy, maybe have some non-tobacco cigarettes :ermm: and play video games.

That's not till Thursday, though, the missus is leaving town for a week then.

Does Nihilus remind anyone else of Chris the Jedi Killer?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Does Nihilus remind anyone else of Chris the Jedi Killer?

a little bit :ermm:

i only have 2 more days of work till my holidays :ermm:

nothing definite planned out - probably go see my nephew and see how he's doing after his eye surgery a couple of days back

also most likely go visit a friend in hospital - she was in a car crash and has to have spinal surgery :ermm:

other than that got nothing planned so will probably just mooch around at home and play lots of games

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I dreamt I was watching a panel discussion about the evolutionary feasibility of mosquitoes making that loud buzzing sound which must logically alert their pray to their approach. The religious panel members were gaining ground.

It seemed quite important in the dream, not so much when I woke up.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Went stalking some bugs in the front yard. Teh internets told me that the huge wasps buzzing about the place were in fact Cicada Killers. I got close enough to get a good picture-- there isn't much for scale, but the wasp in question is about an inch-and-a-half long:

DSCN0188.jpg

Given that they're harmless (except to cicadas), and that their burrows (I've found two so far) are out of the way, I decided to leave them be.

"They came for the cicadas and I said nothing because I wasn't a cicada..."

Went to the pub, listened to a cover band, learned to play whist. Got drunk. Realised that the nature of man is to pursue consistency but embody contradiction. It is as natural as breathing.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just endured a blackout that lasted around eleven hours, thunderstorm hit with 40 mph winds. A few trees fell over and took a few good portions of the power line grid with them. Couldn't sleep with the humid weather and no running fans.

Took the family to the Brookfield Zoo on Saturday and it was a blast. I love zoo's and I hadnt been there in years. Caught a few of the new exhibits like the DINOSAUR EXPERIENCE (lame) and the Butterfly House (surprisingly cool). This zoo also has big glass observation windows at certain animals and we got to get really up close and personal with a male lion that was hamming it up like crazy and had a huge crowd oooh-ing and aaah-ing.

This zoo also has big glass observation windows at certain animals and we got to get really up close and personal with a male lion that was hamming it up like crazy and had a huge crowd oooh-ing and aaah-ing.

Best awkward moment at any establishment involving animals, especially with young children present. ;)

This zoo also has big glass observation windows at certain animals and we got to get really up close and personal with a male lion that was hamming it up like crazy and had a huge crowd oooh-ing and aaah-ing.

Best awkward moment at any establishment involving animals, especially with young children present. :sorcerer:

nah, best awkward moment involving animals has to be the time that we went to the Monteray bay aquarium and saw the whale there with an erection and listened to the biologist try to pass it off to about 50 school kids.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Re-watched Serenity genuinely sad now, as I think about how hard it is for anything quality to survive and prosper in big business or anywhere else. It'ss oemthing I strive for, and it seems anyone I know who does likewise gets conspired against and done to death by vapid 20% effort funtwits.

-Elwood Blues

I spent an hour haggling with my Satellite internet provider to get my download cap penalty removed. I get 16.6 gigs of downloads for a 30 day period, and I didn't realize how little that can be. They removed it and I'm back up to speed, but I'm really missing high speed internet.

well... my family and psycologist have decided I'm not only Bipolar and ADD, but also have Asbergers syndrome (an EXTREMELY mild form of autism)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

well... my family and psycologist have decided I'm not only Bipolar and ADD, but also have Asbergers syndrome (an EXTREMELY mild form of autism)

Nowadays nearly everyone has at least one disorder diagnosed in their lifetime, my then doctor diagnosed me with ADD when I was six. I wouldn't exactly disagree with him either (I was born premature.)

Today I spent the day sweating my ass off, the AC isn't getting replaced until saturday. I hate it when it's hot/humid.