What you did today

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Nothing interesting. Some work, a bit of reading, sleeping late, watching a bit of DVD, not necessarily in that order. Sometimes Saturdays aren't too bad :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Broke out the old speedos and took a stroll in the gassing hot sun. People may laugh and point, but I assure you that this is the optimal configuartion of swimming/summer attire. Minimal cloth coverage minimizes sweat in nasty places, while any loose dangling parts are kept perfectly fixed and stable. Before the women pulled their outrageous global coup that lured us men into start wearing only trunks and boxers, people would have laughed at the idea of legs on underwear.

Im still undecided on the banana hammock, though.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Been sweating like a pig all day, no air con at work.

@Walsh, I've just gotten a referral to a foot guy to get rid of my disgusting foot wart. He's either going to lazer it or deep freeze it. I tried digging it out with a scalpel just like you, but it's a virus (the same virus that causes common brown moles/birth marks-whatever they are called) only when it taeks hold on the bottom of your feet it somehow manifests a lot worse.

It's going to come back.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

party last night was epic :thumbsup:

the original plan was just to have a quiet one with a few really close friends, but it kinda ended up being a bit of a big one

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Kaftan, you are a disgrace to mankind. Not only do I spurn the speedo, but I spurn all tight fitting underhammocks. Thy landing gear should be free to swing, sir. It would have been written in the bible, but even in Sodom and Gomorrha they took this wisdom for granted. And they tried to rape angels.

Gorgon, I take not your defeatist outlook. I sahll retain my scalpels, hydrogen peroxide, and pain threshold. let it come back and I wil defeat it once more! Huzzah etc.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I went to the gym. I was squatting and farted quite loudly by accident. Some kid near me heard me and when I left to do a different workout I saw him replicate the scenario for his friend. It was awesome.

I slept less than 6 hours last night and all I want to do is go to sleep but I have to make a grocery list and leave it out before I fall (hopefully) to sweet beautiful sleep.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Up betimes and with a sore throat. Dress rehearsals later. Tired, and depressed about the family.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Part of my family stopped seeing eachother altogether after my father died due to a dispute about inheritance. How low can you get, I mean honestly. Bloody embarrasing for both of them. Family is family, you are stuck with them nomatter what, and thats mostly a good thing.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I went to the gym. I was squatting and farted quite loudly by accident. Some kid near me heard me and when I left to do a different workout I saw him replicate the scenario for his friend. It was awesome.

:lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Was going to cut the grass today, but it can wait. I spent yesterday replacing the check valve on my well. That was a much bigger job than I thought it would be. Marlins and Rays are playing today at noon, there is beer in the mini-fridge, I've got chili going in the crock pot and I turned off my cell phone so it sounds like my day is booked.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Ugh. I cut the grass today, and disturbed a nest of some kind of ground wasps. 3 rather painful stings (one on each ankle, and one just above my left knee) resulted. I didn't recognize the species-- they seemed smaller, more agile, and less brightly colored than other stinging wasps/hornets/whatever I've seen. And the stings hurt more.

Bummer. You need a big can of bee bopper (the sell it at Tru-Value, good stuff) and some bennadril. And a beer!

Thomas Sowell

Dress rehearsal was a total mess. I got the wrong key, and then forgot how to sing. Completely. The band also forgot the kazoo.

-Elwood Blues

Part of my family stopped seeing eachother altogether after my father died due to a dispute about inheritance. How low can you get, I mean honestly. Bloody embarrasing for both of them. Family is family, you are stuck with them nomatter what, and thats mostly a good thing.

That's a pretty lame reason indeed, but the whole "you gotta stick by your kin" schtick is something I don't really agree with. Maybe it's that I have like fifteen aunts and uncles all with accompanying nephews and nieces who almost invariably turned out to be total and utter human waste.

I spent the whole day just hanging out with my girlfriend. I took her to a carnaval, hoorays!

Edited by TrueNeutral

Is this a predetermined position on your part, or are you open to his continuing to stay a member if he decides that he has reverence to a higher power.

uh, not sure how to read this. i would think, by default, if he decides he does have reverence to a higher power, then he can stay if he wants. if he sides with me (doubtful until he's in his teens, IMO*), then he's sort of morally obligated to admit as such, and withdraw from the program. i'll put no restrictions on him one way or another, however. he's not required to believe as i do, either (michele is catholic, btw).

the trip was fun. the kids were a hoot and so were the rest of the parents. i got along with several of them quite well. john got his fishing belt loop and earned his soccer belt loop (they didn't actually have the latter yet). he also got some campfire patch. he was quite happy when they handed him his first awards and everyone was clapping. brilliantly, we did not have a camera on hand, hehe.

taks

*personally, i think the concept of a higher power is beyond the capacity of a child, particularly grade school or younger children. i "believed" because i was afraid not to. did that make it a sincere, honest belief? certainly not. it was not till my teens that i began to see "the other side," so to speak.

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.

Is this a predetermined position on your part, or are you open to his continuing to stay a member if he decides that he has reverence to a higher power.

*personally, i think the concept of a higher power is beyond the capacity of a child, particularly grade school or younger children. i "believed" because i was afraid not to. did that make it a sincere, honest belief? certainly not. it was not till my teens that i began to see "the other side," so to speak.

Definitely agree with this. I roll my eyes whenever I have students who claim to have the right spiritual answer. Both atheist and religious kids actually creep me out. Just enjoy being a kid and worry about spiritual matters when you become an angst ridden teenager.

uh, not sure how to read this.

I didn't know if you were dead set on his being atheist or if you just figured it wouldn't be an issue until he's older. I actually agree with your assessment. From the Catholic side, of course.

This happened yesterday. I went to a friend's house for a big game of DnD. We all live in different areas, so three of us met at one friend's house and two others met at a friend's house in Texas and we got on Skype and played by video. So, after a delayed start, we got in a few hours of playing, drinking scotch and waters and having fun, enjoying some cognac on the side, when my wife calls on the cell phone and says that she's cut her finger trying to slice a baguette. I jetted and drove home from Riverside. I came in to look, and it was pretty bad, so I drove her to the emergency room. $100 copay. Damn, it was less just a year ago! So, five hours of waiting (Loma Linda is a big trauma center, so there were some folks coptered in.). :) It turned out that they can use dermabond, kind of like super glue, to close cuts nowadays. Back in the day, it was all about stitches. No more!

It turned out that they can use dermabond, kind of like super glue, to close cuts nowadays. Back in the day, it was all about stitches. No more!

Yep, I've seen them reattach a grown man's leg with horse grade glue once. It was awesome.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.