What you did today

Gorth

It turned out that they can use dermabond, kind of like super glue, to close cuts nowadays.

super glue was always rumored to have been used for surgery initially, though the official invention came in the 40s in an attempt to create clear gun sights. at the very least, i've been hearing about their use in surgery for closing wounds since super glue was advertised on the tube with the dude hanging from a hard hat attached to a steel i-beam. early 70s maybe? digging around yields information regarding the use of cyanoacrylates in vietnam for wound closure, perhaps they're more popular now because they've improved the formula? dunno...

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Yeah, but the fact remains that I never heard about the use of super glue as a substitute for stitches when I was growing up. ...And I had to have stitches on several wounds over the years. Some of them pretty ugly. I don't doubt you, I'm just sayin' it was news to me.

Meh. It's not clever until they can ADD legs, not just reattach the old ones.

I'd have to steer a middle course between TrueNeutral and Gorgon. I take my family commitments seriously, but I also believe there are limits. I think this definitely springs from having to balance so many commitments these last years. You have to accept that helping some people - if they're being totally **** - means you can't help anyone else, and that can mean abandoning your friends and your professional duties. It just makes no sense to me.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I have an enormous loyalty to, for example, my parents. They raised me which must have been a complete pain in the butt. Close relatives whom I actually have a bond with are very important to me. But relatives I can't stand and who can't stand me can go jump into a hole for all I care. I don't think simple genetics is a reason to believe there is some deeper connection between us.

It's absolutely scorching hot here today, couldnt take our usual lunch coffee outside because the chairs were so hot it hurt. I dont understand how people living in hot places like California can function when its like this. Its so hot I can barely think, let alone work. And it will be even hotter in a few hours.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

it my birhday and i got give lots of booze form my flatmate and i drinked it all and so now i a bit durnk :lol:

also - i need to poop

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

It would be pretty mad to assert that sharing blood makes you automatically bound together. So I'm with you there.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I just got back from the Shaw Festival. We spent the weekend travelling around the Niagara region checking things out and going to a few plays (The Devil's Disciple and In Good King Charles Golden Days) which was entertaining. Also went down to the falls and got a nasty sunburn on my neck. On the bright side, I've never sat up straight so much in my life. By the time this sunburn is gone I'll have perfect posture from trying to keep my shirt from irritating the burned area.

I just got back from the Shaw Festival. We spent the weekend travelling around the Niagara region checking things out and going to a few plays (The Devil's Disciple and In Good King Charles Golden Days) which was entertaining. Also went down to the falls and got a nasty sunburn on my neck. On the bright side, I've never sat up straight so much in my life. By the time this sunburn is gone I'll have perfect posture from trying to keep my shirt from irritating the burned area.

Equal parts brown vinegar and water. Old family remedy. Just sponge it on, and keep sponging.

-Elwood Blues

Went on a daytrip to Wales yesterday with a couple of friends, we decided on it roughly an hour prior and it still managed to go quite swimmingly and without any deaths. When we got home we decided it would be fun to row down the canal in a punctured dingy, where we were very nearly murdered by a group of rather angry cows and amused multiple passers-by and people in houseboats that were docked up for the evening and such.

Today I spent

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Rice, onions, tinned tomatos, chillis, and belly pork or similar offcuts from the butchers. Combine at leisure.

EDIT: I intend to morally suppot you by eating rich stews, stuffed hake, and medallions of veal.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

That would be an awesome plan if I wasn't the fussiest eater in the world. Only thing I like on that list is pork o:)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I sold the Frogger machine today. I made a little over $400 on it so I'm pretty happy about that.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Nourishment is overrated. Eat some dirt!

That's a depressingly realistic proposition tbh, might have to find randomers to go home with when I go out. Can eat all of their food when they're sleeping and sneak out safe in the knowledge I probably won't see them again :)

I finished the entire Harry Potter series in roughly two and a half weeks. I really, really liked it.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I finished the entire Harry Potter series in roughly two and a half weeks. I really, really liked it.

Pretty lame plot when you think about it but I was addicted to them when I was younger, finished the 7th book and plan on seeing the 6th movie in July

That would be an awesome plan if I wasn't the fussiest eater in the world. Only thing I like on that list is pork :grin:

Aha! A challenge! So tell us what you can eat and we can pauperise it for you.

-Elwood Blues

Spent an hour in the scorching sun, good thing I bought a pith helmet last year. Ive got the full set of khakis to go with it aswell so Im quite fashionable. But we northerners arent very good with the heat, its quite difficult to do anything but sit around perspirating unless you drink large amounts of strong coffee.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Spent an hour in the scorching sun, good thing I bought a pith helmet last year. Ive got the full set of khakis to go with it aswell so Im quite fashionable. But we northerners arent very good with the heat, its quite difficult to do anything but sit around perspirating unless you drink large amounts of strong coffee.

Where are you that it's so hot, bro?

I'm hoping to play some World of Warcraft with my sister later today if I get home in time. WoW is my $15 a month long distance plan where I play a game while I talk to family and friends out of state. Sadly, I'm beginning to detest WoW. I cancelled my LotRO subscription, which is a bummer since I much prefer that game. I never once saw an ANAL joke on LotRO.

Aha! A challenge! So tell us what you can eat and we can pauperise it for you.

Okay then, things I like include, in whatever order I think of them:

- Most meats, but not bacon or fish, unless the fish in question is canned tuna which is awesome. Processed meats are also rubbish.

- Potatoes as long as they're roast potatoes or chips, boiled and mashed aren't nice.

- I like bread, breadcrumbs on things is a no no, however.

- Peas and carrots, sweetcorn is also acceptable but I'm not a great fan.

- Iceberg lettuce.

- Cucumber.

- Beans, Pot Noodles and toast.

- Cereal aimed at children such as Coco Pops and Ricicles.

- Apples and oranges.

That's all I can think of worryingly, pauperise away and save my life.

I know I can leave the trade channel. Sadly, that's what I do most of the time. However, I'd really like to be able to count on the trade channel for... TRADE! I've gotten some good deals on it in the past, especially if I needed something in a hurry, but it's just so stupid it's not even worth it anymore. It's especially bad where the realm population is high.

I don't begrudge folks their fun. I'm from the "that's what she said" generation myself. It's just that there are NO new anal jokes. They were pretty stupid to begin with and now they're completely played out and I'm stuck wading through them if I want to see anything in the trade channel. Much worse on my old server of Gilneas than my new one, though.

Anyhow, I guess I'm ranted out for right now. Maybe I'll rant about it later.