What you did today

Gorth

Guest The Architect

Today I'm working on an online quiz/true or false/short answers assignment for Winter school. I've only got two assignments and an exam to do during my "holiday" time over the month so, I'll be here for a longer than I thought. And I'm glad June is over and done with. Bloody hell. People have been dropping like flies, and no that's no different from any other month but it sure as hell is an unlucky month for my family. I lost my grandmother to Alzheimer's 2 years ago in June, and just this June this year I lost my 41 year old cousin from Darwin to deep vain thrombosis. She was a type 1 diabetic and only had a quarter of her pancreas left, and was a drinker, a smoker, a party animal, and was probably living on borrowed time, but it was still a shock to the family and her friends and she will be missed. And then to just watch the biggest lotto draw of all time in Australia just slip by you at the end of the month isn't the best way to cap it off. Heh.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, Arch. She sounds like a good person to have known. ;)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Finally got solid ground under my feet again after a 70 hour work week, including a lot of time spent in the air or hanging around in airports :)

Added another stuffed toy animal (a wombat) to my collection from an airport souvenir store :ermm:

Time to catch up on emails, laundry, pm's, forum events, snail mail, etc. and then crash on the couch watching a random DVD.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I just made the second last payment on my engagement ring. Now if the damn thing would just get shipped...

Remember to post a few pictures of the wedding day, you glorious bastard!

Oh, we won't be getting married for about two years: one for me to get out of debt, and the other to save up for a down payment on our future home.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Bittersweet memory for me. We celebrated the fact that we were going to get married, but couldn't yet for financial reasons. So sure of our love that marriage seemed a step down.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

i am so ****ing angry right now

finally heard from a friend i hadn't seen in ages and found out why she hasn't really kept in touch

someone did something to her that is completely unforgivable in my eyes and i want to castrate the piece of **** :blink:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

someone did something to her that is completely unforgivable in my eyes and i want to castrate the piece of **** :blink:

Ahhh.... Well... I'll not speak too much until I hear more -if you feel like telling more- but if it was one action I will agree that castration might be warented (amoung other things). :down:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

It's always weird when someone you care about has that happen. Boils my blood, frankly. No chance of getting the cops in?

-Elwood Blues

A female friend of mine said on one occasion that the best thing you can do as a friend is to heal your friend, not hurt her enemy. I'm not sure I agree, but i figure you may as well hear the view.

-Elwood Blues

yeah i know beating the hell outta this dude is merely gonna be some small consolation - but i can't help being protective of people i care about

i'm seeing her on tuesday and i'm gonna do what i can

Don't get me wrong, man. I get incredibly violent when people threaten people I care about. I just .. I don't know.

Years ago I knew a gangster who would arrange vengeance in cases like this for a few hundred pounds. But enough of that.

Fwiiw, i hope she recovers well. Some people do.

-Elwood Blues

Years ago I knew a gangster who would arrange vengeance in cases like this for a few hundred pounds. But enough of that.

you wouldn't happen to have his number would you...?

I had "the talk" with my girlfriend. Ended up going seperate ways afterwards. It's really for the best. She wants to get remarried (in general not to me specifically) and I don't. My ex has utterly ruined me for normal relationships I guess. So anyway, I wasn't upset at all about this, hope she wasn't either.

So anyway, I got a call from my brother today, his son (my nephew) was drafted by the Houston Astros last month. They just assigned him to the Greeneville Astros right here in Tennessee. Next weekend I'm driving over there to see him and catch a few games. How cool would that be if he makes the big leagues in a few years?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Guest The Architect

Hope that prick gets his head smacked in and he gets treated like **** for the rest of his life, Shryke. Your friend will be scarred for life and will need all the help, support, supervision and protection she can get. Be there for her man, and try to keep her away from ****s like that.

Sorry to hear about your cousin, Arch. She sounds like a good person to have known. :)

Yeah she was. Such a lovely and highly respected person. She was in the NAVY for years, she was a head swimming teacher for Royal Life Saving in Australia, and she did a lot of work for the indigenous people of Darwin.

Edited by The Architect

you wouldn't happen to have his number would you...?

You steer well clear of it, mate. I'm sure you could find someone who'd do it locally, but I don't think you'd really be the same person afterwards. If you have to risk going to jail over it I think you'd personally better do it in person, if you follow me. Not that I am recommending that course of action. A friend's son did something similar and in the end it was HIM who wound up in jail.

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend, GD. But I'm glad to hear you're on an even keel about it. There will be more ladies eventually.

Gravity of the above notwithstanding, I'm in a good mood today. I had the best dream ever. Due to a chance overheard conversation and a chance remark I had to fight a lying government contractor to death, whereupon I was made a major and given command of a company of conscripted hippy academics. Adventurous fighting ensued, during which I met and pulled a stunningly clever raven haired nude model whose favourite hobbies were playing computer games and me! Which is now what I shall expect every night. You hear me, brain?

-Elwood Blues

Gravity of the above notwithstanding, I'm in a good mood today. I had the best dream ever. Due to a chance overheard conversation and a chance remark I had to fight a lying government contractor to death, whereupon I was made a major and given command of a company of conscripted hippy academics. Adventurous fighting ensued, during which I met and pulled a stunningly clever raven haired nude model whose favourite hobbies were playing computer games and me! Which is now what I shall expect every night. You hear me, brain?

The only way that dream could be improved upon was if said model were wealthy and her father owned a liquor store.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The only way that dream could be improved upon was if said model were wealthy and her father owned a liquor store.

I'm not greedy tho. Not even in dreams. >_<

-Elwood Blues

hey, daaave, how's the new diet going?

The diet is going rather spiffingly, this cooking malarkey quite complicated currently though, not used to doing anything more complicated than toast. I'm getting there slowly, however. Be a kitchen God in no time :)

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

hey, daaave, how's the new diet going?

The diet is going rather spiffingly, this cooking malarkey quite complicated currently though, not used to doing anything more complicated than toast. I'm getting there slowly, however. Be a kitchen God in no time :grin:

Good man! :) If you come up with anything particularly good, let us all know. I'd love to try.

Very bad reports from home. My mother's kidneys and liver are failing from the pressure of metabolising all the crap from the cancer. I'm going down Monday to rally her if possible.

-Elwood Blues

Very bad reports from home. My mother's kidneys and liver are failing from the pressure of metabolising all the crap from the cancer. I'm going down Monday to rally her if possible.

:grin:

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Good man! :grin: If you come up with anything particularly good, let us all know. I'd love to try.

I very much doubt you'd want to try anything I could come up with, unless you're feeling particularly suicidal that day of course.

Bad luck on the situation with the mother as well old chap, hope your rallying call enables her to lay some beatdown on the old cancer.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Tired of playing defense and repelling their occasional invasions to the interior of the house, I went on the offensive today and yesterday, wielding a lovely 10 lb. bag of poisonous granules in my campaign against the ants in our yard. Hunting down their nests and watching them squirm after I moisten the little pile of poison I sprinkle over the entryways is quite satisfying-- much better than finding them crawling over the cereal bowls and squishing them by hand. Kind of like a child burning them with a magnifying glass, except that you can get hundreds of them in one go.