What you did today

Gorth

Had two friends snap vertebrae in their middle/upper backs from dirt biking but lucky to not have it damage their spinal cords. They're both up and generally fine now....and both got back on their dirt bikes for a few more years.

Crazy stuff, the human body.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Had two friends snap vertebrae in their middle/upper backs from dirt biking but lucky to not have it damage their spinal cords. They're both up and generally fine now....and both got back on their dirt bikes for a few more years.

Crazy stuff, the human body.

That particular anecdote probably says more about how crazy the human mind is.

Thanks everyone. I really do appreciate the thought. I tend to get a little fatalistic when things are going badly. But tonight the Rays are beating the Red Sox, I just put a Snapper fillet on the grill and dogs are being good. Life is good.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Tonight is Vaklborg in Sweden and I've dfrunk the equivalent of a small country's BNP in alcohol. Holy crap, every second word in Firexoc is red but I'm too lazy to correct them. Haha, ****.

ANyhow, Swedish blondes rule. That is all.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Tonight is Vaklborg in Sweden and I've dfrunk the equivalent of a small country's BNP in alcohol. Holy crap, every second word in Firexoc is red but I'm too lazy to correct them. Haha, ****.

ANyhow, Swedish blondes rule. That is all.

I think BNP is GDP/GDI for our English speaking friends :lol:

Hey Walsingham, you taking notes for your next visit?

Still going through crunch time at work. Should be back to a regular schedule (and more than 4 hours sleep a night) after the weekend :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

After not going since December, I went to the trap shooting range only to discover it was closed for remodeling.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

All my exams are next week. I'm mostly focusing on my accounting courses becuase I'm not doing as hot as I would like to be doing in them. My financial accounting class I can get away with a relatively bad grade and still get a B which I'm confident I can manage but my cost accounting class I need to score a mid level B on the exam as to not get a C which is really important to me because I've yet to get anything lower than a B in any of my college classes yet. If that were to happen. Wow. Even though it's completely my fault, someone, somewhere, (hopefully shryke) will experience testicular trauma that you wouldn't wish on your greatest enemy which shyrke is but I'm willing to make an exception to the rule this time.

I'm just dying here though. I'm in this vortex of school is over and I'm so ready to start summer break but I still have this crap to sort out which is super important and I just ruminate on how I should be studying but instead I'm just sitting there bored out of my mind and in denial and depression and reluctance and pain. I had one class this morning that was like 35 minutes long and since then I've done maybe 25 minutes of half consciousness study problems. :'(

Luckily I have work tomorrow. Work always makes me put things into perspective. Like how I'm a failure and how my life is completely devoid of joy or how everything is just a futile attempt.

You may want to donate some of your seed now Shryke, just in case. Take my advice, once a man is broken, he can't be fixed. Except for gd becuase he's a champ.

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

You may want to donate some of your seed now Shryke, just in case. Take my advice, once a man is broken, he can't be fixed. Except for gd becuase he's a champ.

is that a request?

because if so, congratulations

i thought i'd heard some weird things before, but that would take the cake :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I think physically I'm as good as I'm going to get. I've lost a lot of strength in my arms and legs and walking for too long just hurts.

hang in there and keep at the therapy. you may improve over time more than you think. it takes a loooong time for atrophied muscles with injuries to recover.

taks

Seconded. Keep the faith!

The human body is capable of some amazing recoveries, medical science be damned.

Thirds! It may seem like it's been forever, but don't be too quick to assume you've maxed out your recovery potential. Rehab for my leg that I shattered 5 1/2 months ago is still frustrating me, and it's hard to notice improvement day by day, but I believe it's there. The body truly is amazing, and I don't always think doctors have it dialed in all the way when they make recovery predictions. I've seen people make full recoveries when the docs told them it wasn't going to happen.

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." - Mark Twain | "Writing is a struggle against silence." - Carlos Fuentes

I got 2 out of basic phonetics.

Well, excuse me for not reading the IPA chart like Magna Carta. Or giving a heck over what labiodental friction means. Subglottal pressure lol

No one uses that crap to learn pronunciation, it's completely pointless except if you are writing about language academically or some such.

Yeah, I'm relieved to get rid off that course. It was one of the basic compulsory courses that all language students(of philology, not translation I think) have to take at basic level.

Also, I never attended the classes, only went to the exam. Was horribly out of touch.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I currently need to apply that stuff to describe assimilation effects in different social conditions. It's not all bad once you get used to it by applying it for practical purposes.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

95F to ... rain and clouds. Cool.

Got up early, fed cat, picked up hubby/dropped off hubby, did some stuff for my mum which entailed me driving back and forth from her place to mine a few times. Lack of sleep lately, hard to keep eyes open, except during times of cussing out people who are apparently unable to merge even at the snail speed of 10mph. Got home. Fed cat. Turned on some tunes.

Nappy time. I get cranky w/out my nappies now. :sorcerer:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

we're looking at more snow in the forecast for this weekend. this past monday was already the latest i had seen snow in colorado springs (or anywhere in my life, for that matter). several places in the mountains regularly get snow year-round, however. yay. i'm tired of the snow and cold weather as it is killing my allergies (which is sort of a new thing). the 8-week cough, non-stop sinus drainage, daily headaches, and beet-red eyes are getting a bit old. i'm ready for warm weather and camping.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I actually got everything accomplished that I set out to do today! My room is clean, I applied for several new jobs, got my bike tuned up and got a haircut since it was getting long enough that it wanted to be combed. My university bus pass expired today as well. :sorcerer:

Dogies are looking a little scruffy. Getting them groomed tomorrow.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Nap didn't help. I'm still sooper-duper tired. My eyebags have their own suitcases. Zzzzz. Should I watch the Redsox game on the smaller PC or on the big TV? PC has daybed/easier net access, big TV has couch.

Connected the game pc to the TV last night to checkit - mlb.tv looks pretty decent at 50", I'm surprised. Quite a bit better than some of the non-HD signal channels, very watchable.

Edited by LadyCrimson

Dogy's got herself a torn ACL and arthritis. Got both the dogies on a better diet and Injured Dogy is on steroids.

got a 3am visit from an ex

was half asleep when i heard a tapping on my bedroom window - then a very loud whisper "are you awake?"

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

got a 3am visit from an ex

was half asleep when i heard a tapping on my bedroom window - then a very loud whisper "are you awake?"

Did you hide under the covers and pretend she wasn't there?

Edited by Blank